July 09 Babies.

keltru
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
Woohoo! Emilia finally rolled all the way over this morning! I was changing her nappy and she rolled on to her side (I'd cleaned her bum!) so I just waited and watched her for a minute and she just went all the way over!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I'm so proud of my baby!!!!!!

Glad to hear Harry is better Donzy - men think they're so hard-done-to! I've had Emilia all day and she's been grumpy most of the day - (really hoping there's a tooth on the way I'll keep you updated Snoopy21!!), I've cooked us a lovely meal, and now the OH is moaning about doing the washing up!

Bless Caitlin with her porridge! Emilia was like that Snoopy, not with the milk allergy, but didn't take much milk but has taken to food really well. She's on 3 meals a day now and opens her mouth as soon as she sees the spoon! Hopefully Caitlin will get on well with her food x x

snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35 am 
Post subject:
Hey everyone! Iv finally figured out how to add a pic to my ticker! there'l be no stoppin me now lol. ul be tormented with a new pic of caitlin every week! Very Happy OH would crack if he knew but cos he caught me postin on here before about MIL and said it was ok as long as it was annoymous. hmmm dnt think he wud like her pic up but hey! Rolling Eyes

Keltru Caitlin only rolled last week so r babies are at similar stage. Caity loves standin and walkin wen u hold her under arms. Wonderin if she might skip crawlin and go straight to cruisin stage, who knows! Still no teeth... my cousins LO only got hers last wk at 10months so cud be a while... Rolling Eyes Caity now gets 2 meals a day (small ones) fruit or veg for one and porridge for the other. Gon well for now!

Donzy men are hilarious. They make out we hav it easy bn at home all day but then moan if they left in charge for a few hrs! My OH dsnt get left alone wiv caitlin cosa epilepsy but even if I have a doze and he puts tea on or does btls when I wake up I get a list of what he's done eg 'while u were sleeping Iv put pizza in oven, washed 4 btls, changed a nappy and looked after caitlin'. Im like um, thats great but I do that all day everyday plus could do a load or 2 of washing in that time and mop floor! Rolling Eyes Women really are superheroes! Laughing

Mara I can belive sam has 6 teeth!!! Is he feeling better? I havent experienced the true joys of teethin yet! Confused

Embyandme howz it feel bein so close to returnin to work? we are here if u need us. Hope it goes smoothly! Crying or Very sad

MichelleandImogen hows things with u? Very Happy

Cant rember other ppl off the top of my head but hope evryone is doin great!
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
ooops i forgot to write in here. a few times i started to write something then things come up or Imogen woke. Been a bit busy desperately trying to find a job too. I really couldn't have gone back to mine as the hours wouldnt fit with Matt being able to look after Immi and i would only earn enough to pay the childcare so seemed silly. Plus is was two bus rides away so i'd be paying travel too so all in all not suitable.I have applied for weekend work in a shop though so hopefully i hear back from them

Think there's too many posts to try and individually reply so i will write a little about Imogen then promise to be back on tomo or thurs to reply to you all then.

Imogen is doing well, her crawling is just getting better and better and faster! She's eating well too. I've started making up big batches of meals and storing them in jars in the freezer, which is working great. Think i've finally got the hang of it all and knowing how much she'll take and times etc. The follow on milk is working great and she's happily drink 1pint (which is the right amount) a day so very relieved. A 7th tooth has come through but its not bothered her. She is now sleeping 8-8 which is nice. Had her weighed last wk and she was 15lb 15oz (at 28wks)

Hope you're all well. Sorry again for not keeping up to date xxx

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:48 am 
Post subject:
Wow Michelle Imogen is doing so well hun. Bet your so proud Very Happy

The freezing food is so simple and saves so much money too. I just make extra dinner and make about 10 jars up from every meal so theres tons of them in the freezer Laughing

Did anyone make it to the Asda baby event? I got 12 tins puddings for 3. 104 nappies for 10 but they had sold out of the baby wipes! was gonna get the high chair but then someone gave me a brand new one Very Happy Happy days!

Keltru yay for Emilia for rolling over clever girl Very Happy

Snoopy Caitlin is gorgeous! Such a cutie.

Donzy men are such tits arent they! What a shame he has to give up "his time". Reality check you dont get "your time" when you have a baby Rolling Eyes But they are all the same hun so your not on your own there.

Getting Sam weighed in the morning for the first time since Nov Shocked He was over 14lbs i think back then so we will see!

He is giving me near attacks at the moment! He keeps getting on his knees and holding onto stuff to pull himself up to his feet. I feel like all i ever do is pull him off things. He can kneel upright and thinks its hilarious! My hair is getting greyer by the minute Rolling Eyes

He can stand up alone holding onto the sofa too although hes a bit wobbly so he is constantly wriggling off my knee so he can do it. Yet more grey hair Shocked

By the time i finish bringing these kids up i will be ready for the knackers yard Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

My babies are growing up!
MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:55 am 
Post subject:
mara wrote:
He can stand up alone holding onto the sofa too although hes a bit wobbly so he is constantly wriggling off my knee so he can do it. Yet more grey hair Shocked

Imogen is doing the exact same thing. I try holding her to steady her but she pushes me away and try to break free. Don't think my heart can stand it!
Thing is if she does fall or when she rolls into something she doesn't seem to care. I'm like OMG trying to give her a cuddle but she just laughs and crawls off. So robust!

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
MichelleandImogen wrote:
mara wrote:

Imogen is doing the exact same thing. I try holding her to steady her but she pushes me away and try to break free. Don't think my heart can stand it!
Thing is if she does fall or when she rolls into something she doesn't seem to care. I'm like OMG trying to give her a cuddle but she just laughs and crawls off. So robust!

OMG Michelle just realised there is 2 days between them!!! God imagine if we got them together!!! There would be mayhem Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Got Sam weighed today. He was 17lb 8oz and is 72cm still Laughing

MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:50 am 
Post subject:
I hadn't noticed that. Must be something about babies born around that time... they're crazy! :lol:Omg if we did get them together, absolute mayhem. We'd probs both be grey by the end of the day Laughing

Thats a good weight. Is he like Imogen, eats a fair bit but moves so much he burns it all off?

donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls, just a quicky b4 harry wakes up.

I had a lie in this morning Shocked Shocked Shocked

first one since harry was born, had to ignore harry crying for ablout 10 minutes to get oh to get up to him and kept saying i let you have a lie in yesterday Laughing Laughing Laughing

i am supposed to be working today but cant get MIL here to babysit as its been snowing and they havnt gritted the roads, did try to go to get her and ended up in a hedge. absolutley petrified i was.

wine oclock cant come soon enough for me today Very Happy

harrys has been having 2 long naps aday now, which is great, i have been dragging his awake times out rather than putting him down every 2 hours after he is awake and it seems to be working, he seems much happier as he wouldnt go down late afternoon so what i have been doing is

up at 7.30
sleep at 10.30 for 1.5 hours
then sleep after his 3.00 bottle for 1.5 hours

what are you all doing with regards to naps?
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Donzy, we're doing roughly the same thing with Imogen's naps. started in dec. Wake up at 8am, sleep at 11.30 for 1.5hrs, then sleep at 3.30/4 (depends on her mood!) sleeps for about 1.5hrs. Then bed at 8pm.

Your first lie in since Harry was born? What!?? I must have a lovely husband as most weekends i get a lie in. We usually work on one day i have the lie in and the other he has the lie in. I'm glad you finally got your lie in though.

Not much going on with me. On a bit of a downer this weekend. Don't really know why but just felt really cr*ppy. OH has been great looking after Immi while i've had some time on here and laid in the bath, but i do find he comes and finds me every 10mins to ask a question which he knows the answer to but feels he needs my reassurance. I wish sometimes he was confident enough to look after Immi and not worry that he needs to check with me. Anyone else's oh's like this? or maybe i'm the problem?!
Hope you're all well xx

donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
hi michelle, sorry that ur feeling down hun, ((((((((sending big hugs)))))))))

i think most men lack confidence with their first child and get a bit envious of the confidence us mummys have with our Lo. Wink

i was watching loose woman (yes i know im sad!) the other day when they were talking about dads getting 6 months maternity leave and one of them was saying she had sever post natal depression and her OH had to do majority of the looking after the LO, but every now and then he would ask her a question, which she said he knew the answer to just to make her feel included and that she had something to contribute. i put this into trial with my OH but the opposite way around, and its worked wanders during the day, just needs a little tweak in the morning. im not saying this is the same for ur Oh but just wandered if he feels a bit 'scared' and wants ur reasurance.

As for the ie in i am an early bird so before i was pregnant i would always be up at 7-8 anyway, but just thought i deserve a break, every now and then regardless if i sleep or not Laughing

the napping has made harry go to bed later (normally in bed by 6!)which is positive, just wander if he will start to wake later Rolling Eyes

mara

i went to the asda baby event but they didnt have those car seats so im going to get the one from argos that you mentioned in another post, did you get it? i got the nappies, wipes, jars, bath seat and huge tins of sma follow on milk for 10 nearly works out at 2 tins worth in one tin Very Happy
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:54 pm 
Post subject:
Michelle sorry your on a downer, chin up hun (((hugs))) If you need to talk just pm me anytime

Naps Rolling Eyes Sam will have about 20 mins around 11am and around 40 mins around 3-4 unless we are in the car and he sleeps longer Rolling Eyes

I didnt get the Argos one yet Donzy was holding out for the AAsda one but doesnt look likely they will get more so going for it this week Very Happy poor child is so squashed up in the little car seat Laughing

My hubby is always asking me what to do regarding the kids and we have 4 Rolling Eyes He doesnt know any of their routines and wouldnt know what Sam can and cant eat. Hes a bit useless with stuff like that but to be fair he does work a lot of hours so sort of leaves the practicalities of bringing the kids up to me. (in other words dont get much help Laughing )

EmzyLouPlusThree
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:42 am 
Post subject:
Hi didnt know this thread was here Very Happy was meant to be a june mummy but the little pickle was late so here i am Laughing . Tommy is sitting up really well falls over after a couple mins lol he is on 3 meeals a day and weighed 18lb8 a week ago umm he still isnt rolling over Embarassed he done it once but nothing since , he doesnt walk in his walker either just sort of bounces Laughing , he has said dada but at the mo his 'word' is goigoigoi ! he is a very vocal little soul always chattering and laughing, making so signs of crawling either x
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone, sorry I haven't been online recently, hope you and you Lo's are all ok.

All your babies seem so active compared to Chloe, she still isn't rolling. She does now roll from her tummy to her back then lays there getting really frustrated coz she wants to be on her tummy. Sounds like some of you are busy with crawling ones, bet you need to watch everything.

Chloe has said mama tho, caught me by surpise wasn't sure if I'd imagined it the first time, but we stayed with my MIL last weekend and she agreed that she said it then too.

Beter go and get her ready for bed now x
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
Emzylou just noticed your ticker!!! OMG you crazy lady you lol Laughing you will have your hands full Shocked

I wouldnt worry about the rolling part he will probs just get up and crawl and surprise you one day!!! Cant believe he said dads!! How fab is that lol and i love his favourite word goigoigoi Laughing Laughing Laughing

Joey!! I remember you hun from gen preg Very Happy Bet you were dead chuffed her first word was mama lol Very Happy
She will soon get moving then you will know Laughing

Sam is a monkey now!!! He gives me heart attacks! He can pull himself up to standing with just about anything and walks a little with the furniture Shocked Confused He stood on his own for a few seconds the other day. I deffo think he will be an early walker Rolling Eyes Confused Confused

snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:16 am 
Post subject:
Hey girlies! Very Happy Feel like I havent checked this thread in ages... Hmm wots new with me, Cailtlin rolling all the time but just flipping from back to front and back again, hasnt really mastered it as a skill to get very far. Startin to appreciate the fact I can nip to the loo without worryin, wont be long before I cant! Eating great still just takin fruit and veg purees. She loaded with cold at mo, scared me hlf to death last nite by choking on flem and sick in her cot. Hate it when they dont breathe for a few secs!!! Shocked Seemed a bit better 2nite bless her. lookin 4ward to collectin her pixi fotos in the morning. Il try and wrok out how to post them on here. Iv heard ppl talkin about photbucket? Is it simple like me lol? Oh I weighed caitlin this wk on MY scales Laughing and she 17lb 6oz. Think that seems ave so im pleased.
I joined weight watchers 2wks ago and have lost 6.5lb in 2wks so really chuffed Very Happy Only another 20 to go Laughing

Michelle hope u feeling a bit better. I get down spells to. It was the last downer that motivated me to join ww and make the decison to go out at least twice a wk wiv caity, even if just to my mums or a friends for lunch or into town. Even organisin for a friend to call after work helped. Was starting to spend all day everyday alone with Caitlin and was makin me miserable. Just read that and thought I sound horrible??? Embarassed I love her to bits but its nice to see another world out there...

Joey Bet ur sooo happy, cant wait till caitlin syas moma or dada! Very Happy Clever chloe!

Donzy caitlin is the ultimate cat napper! She generally wakes at 830/9 has a hlf hr nap around 12, maybe another hlf hr at 4 and then a 3rd hlf hr at around 715 and goes to bed about 930. Hav tried makin her stay awake at 7 but there no chance! Really wish I could get her to take a longer nap from 3-430 but she kinda does her own thing! Bit like her mother Rolling Eyes

Mara cant believe sam is standing Shocked He really is so advanced! Caitlin walks holdin my hands thinkin she great, but sometimes I think maybe im dragging her about the room by her arms Laughing Embarassed and should giv the poor little thing a break!

Well better go to bed. Could be a lonngg nite with my snuffly buba! Rolling Eyes
Page 5 of 8

Jump to:  

Community

Popular