July 09 Babies.

MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:59 am 
Post subject:
Hello.
It seems as our babies are getting older we're having less time to update here. Seems to be the same on the june thread too. Guess we're too busy running after our little monkeys.
Imogen is still doing really well. Got her weighed last week and she was 17lb 6oz. So dead on her 25th centile. So thankfully it seems the problems with her weigh are all sorted now. I still get comments about how tiny she is though, then they look in wonder as she climbs the furniture lol. Laughing
I think i mentioned this last time but she's a little clingy atm. She hates me leaving a room, which can get quite annoying but it's also quite adorable.

Aww bless her she's just literally dropped and fallen asleep in her travel cot (i have it out as a playpen when i'm busying doing things.)

anyways
Snoppy - Bless Caitlin crawling backwards. how cute. I hope she is that baby that isn't bothered by teething. Imogen wasn't good with her 1st 2, but the other 6came through fairly well with just a bit of nappy rash.
oh well done with the weight loss!

OliversMummy - Imogen is the same (as mentioned above) still fairly small and in 0-3 and 3-6months clothes.
Glad Oliver is getting into all this eating business. Sounds like he's doing really well now.
Hope his teeth come through soon.

xxx

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:14 am 
Post subject:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Snoopy.

Everyones babies sound like they are doing fab Very Happy and i am glad to see some new members.

I forgot about this thread and i made it Embarassed

Bless Caitlin crawling backward wont be long before its forward then all hell will break loose Confused

Not sure what to say about Sam really Confused He is a rat bag!! He is just into everything. I can honestly say at the end of i am extremely glad to get him in bed!!! He can now climb onto the sofa, onto his baby walker, he is into every cupboard and drawer, climbs into the toy box and emptys it.

He i soo clingy i cant get anything done Rolling Eyes

But on the plus side he can wave, clap his hands, stand up on his own and has a wicked sense of humour. He really has a fab personality and is a really happy baby.

He doesnt sleep much through the day probably 40 minutes and he literally never ever sits down but he does sleep 10-12 hours straight through!

He loves food and just eats constantly! He has 3 meals per day, morning, dinner and evening then a tea time he has a sandwich. Then throughout the day he is eating biscotti, rusk, bananas, organic crisps, anything and everything!

We are stuck with the teeth at the moment. He still has 8 (thought he had 10 but 2 have gone back in Rolling Eyes ) but boy does he know how to use them Rolling Eyes

He loves the adverts and has favourites where he will stop everything to watch Laughing :lol:and when you tell him to dance or put music on he does this great little dance!

Also i have noticed how he is now copying peoples actions and is really aware of everything around him. His hand eye co-ordination is fantastic too!

Oops gone on a bit there Embarassed Embarassed

My babies are growing up!
MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
Mara i've just seen pics of Sam from the Sheffield meet. Blimey!!!! He looks about 1yr/1yr 1/2 so grown up. It's amazing the difference between him and Imogen, shes so tiny and they are born 2days apart.
Sounds like he's doing great though, although quite the handful. Imogen is into everything atm too and it's a nightmare sometimes, i literally can't take my eye off her for a second. Other day she put her hands on the top of the tv unit and was swinging herself into on the shelf bit Shocked Shocked

Anyways, hope you other ladies are ok. Still not any posts really. Sad

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:53 am 
Post subject:
Ha Michelle i can just imagine Imogen on the tv unit Shocked

OMG they are such monkeys!! Where has it come from!!!

If you look on my FB there are some pictures from the meet yesterday.

There does seem to be long periods where no-one posts in here Rolling Eyes

Come ladies we wanna hear about your little monkeys Very Happy

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
Just bumping Very Happy

donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:42 am 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies! Sorry its been ages since ive posted as back at work full time now:-( harry is crawling slowly but more of a caterpillar style shimmy;-) sleeping less, tends 2 have 1 hour + a half nap a day. Only found one food he doesnt like + thats weetabix all else is shovelled in! He had a 8 month check last week he weighed 22ilb + is 78cm tall! We go 2 a mother + baby group on a monday + he loves it but he is a bit of a bully 2 the smaller babys:$ bopping them on the head 2 get the toy he wants! He is taller than babies 2 months older than him.
Glad all ur LO r doing well x
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
HI girls, just finding time to post an update on here! Lili is a nutter!!!! She crawls (albeit combat crawling) fast, very fast. Won't stay still to have her nappy changed, rolls over constantly! She has her top teeth coming through but they are taking their time about it, poor little thing is suffering somewhat this week. She waves goodbye (and hello) and claps her hands. She dances to music and can lift herself up from sitting or her front to standing by using the bath handles. She is trying her best to go from the crawling position to standing but it just looks like she's doing pressups with her bum up in the air haha!! She's eating well, anything and everything (in creche the other week she'd had chicken korma, rice and naan bread LMAO!!!). She says a few words (in her style of course), such as Mama, Dada, Bye Bye, Uh Oh (she says this a lot!!), Bath, Hiya. She loves the bath and her splashes are like tidal waves, she loves swimming too and can now swim about a meter under water now. She's still sleeping from 7pm to 7am and so do I Laughing Laughing Really looking forward to 2 weeks off with my baby girl now as it's easter holidays yipeeeeeeee Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Hope you and your LOs are still doing well xx

snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Very Happy

Havent been on this thread in ages, think you're right michelle we all have less time to post...

Donzy- Caitlin hates weetabix too! I thought it was too lumpy and made her gag but she loves rice krispies!

Mara- Cant believe Sam took a few steps the other week??? Shocked Is he walking much now? I think Caitlin needs someone like Sam about to encourage her... She mastered crawling forwards the day I looked after my friends 5yr old son, think he gave her the motivation to move and keep up with him.

Michelle - Are you feeling any better? Saw in g.chat you were poorly? Dont feel bad leaving immi in cot. Its safest place for her. Cant believe she scaling furniture Shocked Caitlin hasnt pulled to standing yet.

Moggie- Hope you enjoyed the hols! Caitlin flips and rolls when getting changed to. Its like a battle of wills to get her changed!

Caitlin can now crawl forward Laughing Kinda army style flat on her front using her arms and oddly with her right leg stuck out at a right angle being dragged along. Confused Im hoping there isnt something wrong with her hip but trying not to worry to much as she is able to go up on her knees and rock like she about to try and crawl 'normally' but then flops down and does it her way Rolling Eyes

Still just the 1 tooth.

Eating well, though had a cold this week so isnt being such a piggy. Think she around 18lb, trying to way her once a month just so will find out next week exactly what she is. (Was becoming a bit obssessed about her weight Embarassed ) Wearing 9-12 mnth tops, but in general going through clothes at right ages. Feel sorry for you mums having to spend a fortune as your LO's grow outta things so quick!!! Think all our LO's growth slows at this stage though.... Looking forward on going on a shopping spree to buy summer clothes for Caitlin Very Happy

Iv lost 19lb so far at WW and got my 10% loss this week so well chuffed Smile Want to lose another 10lbs at least though. Think my BMI now 25 so im just hitting normal weight again woohoo!

Still no job but have signed up to do a 13 wk unpaid placement somewhere relevant to my degree, not sure where yet. The local YMCA are finding me a placement and will get help with childcare. Gona be so hard leaving Caitlin and not getting paid but I know that its best in the long run. Sad Might be nice to chat to adults in the flesh Laughing

Hope your all well! X
Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:18 am 
Post subject:
Hi!

Snoopy - Well done you sorting out all that stuff for your work. Hope your placement is good. and well done on your weight loss, that's great!
Don't worry about Caitlin crawling like that. Imogen crawled like that for months despite the fact she could actually crawl normally. I think it must have been faster as she used to do a little bit normal crawl then stop and lay down &crawl Laughing
Thank you, i am a bit better now. Smile

Donzy - Aww sounds like Harry is doing really well. I haven't tried giving Imogen weetabix. She loves munching on shreddies though as a little snack Smile How is work going? Who looks after Harry?

Moggie - Sounds like Lili is doing great. Hope you had a good holiday with her. Did you do anything special?

Mara - How are you and Sam? Did you get to the drs to give another sample for the tests. Hope he's ok. Is he properly walking now?

Imogen's still doing really well, little monkey. Still in mostly 3-6months clothes Laughing but was excited to get her in her 6-9months tops the other day. Bless her. I think she weighs about 18lb now, which isn't really small but i think she's quite short/petite. She's just starting to try standing alone. She gets all excited to try and attempts but her little face looks terrified when she takes both hands off whatever she is leaning on and she grabs it again. She loves walking around holding my hand though.

Hope you're all wellxx

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:24 am 
Post subject:
Hi all Very Happy

Snoopy Sam crawled like that first too. If she is on her hands and knees rocking thats how they master that kind of crawling, it wont be long Laughing

Michelle i have kept reading your posts hun about you feeling ill. I totally understand you i have been ill too and when they are so mobile its a nightmare Sad But dont feel guilty about the playpen its better than her crawling about getting into mischief Rolling Eyes

Moggie your LO sounds a right scream Laughing and doing so well. Sounds like a very happy baby Very Happy

Well Sam isnt really himself at the moment. Hes pooing up to 8 times a day and had some blood in it so we are just waiting for the reulst from a stool test.

But it hasnt stopped him really. Still eats anything and lots of it. Has took the odd couple of steps again but think he needs more confidence. He is in 12-18 month clothes Rolling Eyes just had to renew his wadrobe AGAIN Shocked

The main thing at the moment is he likes to climb, on the sofa, kitchen chair then onto table, up the stairs, on any piece if furniture. Its heart attack time again at my house Laughing Laughing

Hope your all enjoying the nice weather we are just going to play outside Laughing

Moggie
Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:33 am 
Post subject:
Snoopy don't worry, that's exactly how Lili crawls and she gets about really fast. She does bring her knees up but then flops like you say! She has taken a couple of steps with us holding her hand but she's nowhere near balancing on her own yet. Although she does have her feet flat on the floor and is very strong so perhaps she won't be long.

Thanks girls, we had a lovely 2 weeks, the weather has been fab and we've been out in the garden a lot. Lili will not keep her hat on though so good job she's got a full head of hair! She went on the swing for the first time yesterday in the park and loved it. It's such a nice age they're at now isn't it, love it.

Went to Clarks yesterday to get her some crawling shoes but her feet are too small (she's only a size 1 and their shoes start at size 2!). I think she's petite/short as well Michelle, because she's still in 3-6 trousers although some 9-12 tops fit her now but there's loads of room still in her 6-9 vests and babygros!! It's a pain when you get sets of clothes though because she can wear the tops but the trousers are way too big!!

Lili likes weetabix, she has it every other day. She has porridge (oats) with fruit puree one day and weetabix the next day, sometimes with fruit puree mixed in if i've remembered to defrost it. Mind you, Lili likes everything although beans don't tend to agree with her very much ... anyone else tried baked beans??

StephB's little girl Lowri is only 9 months and she's walking!! Well done Lowri. Love the pics on fb Donzy of Harry, he is such a cutie.

Right guys, must dash cos Lili is getting all the dvds off the shelf and her daddy will not be impressed LOL!!!!!!! Keep up the good work and enjoy the sunshine xx

MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
Glad you had a good 2weeks Moggie, it's so lovely when the weather is nice and you can take them out in the garden/park. And like you said they're at a great age now, they're really starting to like being out and about, and really interact.

After what you said I think i will leave my visit to clarks (saves some money anyway) as Imogen's feet are tiny. She has a little pair of 'first shoes' from Matalan that were 3 but fit her really well for just crawling/cruising. Think they are 3-6months Laughing

I don't think we've tried baked beans, but i know sweetcorn doesn't agree with Imogen. Just loving changing one of those nappies Laughing

I don't think i ever spoke to StephB but wow well done Lowri.
I'm excited and scared about Imogen learning to walk (i just know there will be no stopping her). After saying she was starting to stand alone this morning, all day today she has been standing alone. She's getting so good now. We spent most of the day with my aunty&uncle and their 3+5yr olds at the park and Imogen loved it. i think she wanted to keep up with them as she was walking loads just holding one of my hands lightly.

Anyways hope others that havent posted in a while are okxx

Opps Mara i completely missed your post. I'm sorry Sam is not well, i think i commented on your thread in gen chat. Hope the results come back fine. xx

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Just thought i would let you all know about our day Very Happy

We have been out in the garden all day long, the first time really properly ever for Sam.

So i have learned so much about Sam and he has learned so much about the world Very Happy

He has discovered worms and spiders and laughed and laughed when they moved Laughing, He has been on the trampoline and LOVED IT Shocked he giggled the whole time. He wasnt too sure about grass but once he got crawling on it there was no stopping on him, and he had his first taste of muck Confused Laughing Laughing he didnt mind it i wasnt too happy Laughing Laughing

We have had such a fab day in our garden Very Happy

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:53 am 
Post subject:
wow i cant believe how far our topic has fallen!!!

How are all your lovely babies? Anyone walking yet?

Bet everyone is run off their feet at the moment with all the mobile babies.

We Sam was nearly walking but had a lovely episode of teething where he was really ill and lost all his confidence so we have gone backwards slightly but have 11 teeth to show for it lol.

Hope to hear from you all soon xxx

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:08 am 
Post subject:
Flick is nearly crawling now instead of just rolling but she can't seem to decide whether she wants to crawl or stand Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to:  

Community

Popular