July 09 Babies.

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:58 am 
Post subject: July 09 Babies.
I cant seem to find the July 09 thread anywhere Shocked so i will start a new one Very Happy

How are we all doing with being a mummy and how are all our little ones doing?

Well Sams progress so far.

Can roll either way and gets around mostly by doing this and pulling himself along.
Can sit for a few minutes alone the sort of lets himself fall Laughing .
Is up on his hands and knees rocking like mad so wont be long before he is properly crawling Shocked Confused
He has 4 teeth which he likes to use on me Rolling Eyes
Sleeps through the night most of the time for abut 10 hrs Very Happy
And he is on 3 meals a day as he is a greedy boy. Laughing
And finally he can make his babywalker go so runs over my feet Very Happy

Would love to hear how all your babies are doing too Very Happy

My babies are growing up!
snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:44 am 
Post subject:
Hi Mara!
Iv been lookin for a july thread too. Didnt post much durin pregnancy but am on hear a lot more now! Gosh Sam seems so advanced compared to Caitlin! U must be so proud of him! Very Happy

Caitlin has no teeth, though has been drooling since about 10wks. Confused

She cant roll over, I can leave her in middle of rug and she wud still be in same place 2hrs later if I left her (I dont btw!) She can maybe move a few inches through kicking on her back but thats it.....

She cant sit up.

Was sleeping 10-9 but now is restless at around1/2am but settles with dummy and then is unsettled again at around 5am and generally gets spoilt and brought into my bed!

Still not on soilds. Takes 4 7oz btls a day, but usually leaves a bit so kinda worried as to how weaning will go. She has a milk allergy so gets milk on prescription.

Last week at 5 months she weighed 15lb 12oz and I think is 50th centile for weight, 75th for lenght and 98th!!!! for head Embarassed . I stress about her head and joke she gona look like a lollipop (tall, slim, big head! Wink ) Anyway not worried about her weight even though she not a hungry baby.

Very vocal baby, squeals and babbles constantly! Loves playin row row row the boat on my knee. Loves splashing in bath.

So yup Caitlin not exactly physically advanced for her age but hopin she might talk early and she is a smiley giggly lil critter Very Happy

Glad I found this. interestin to hear how everyone doin and how the bubbas are doin!
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:28 am 
Post subject:
Hey snoopy hun Very Happy

Dont worry about the physical thing Caitlin will deffo catch up Very Happy Sam has all my other kids round him all the time and i think thats why hes so mobile lol trying to keep up Rolling Eyes

She a great weight though hun, Sam weighs over 16lb now but he is almost 70cm tall so is really slim Laughing and as for the weaning she will do it when shes ready. Sam was about to drown with the amount of milk he was drinking so i kinda had to do something Laughing now he just loves food!

Caitlin sounds like a great sleeper though which is good for you Very Happy ! As for the teeth just thank your lucky stars she has none Rolling Eyes Sam bites everything in sight and it hurts sooo much Shocked

Sounds to me like shes doing just fine hun Very Happy I love this age they are learning so much. They are like little sponges!

Keep in touch hun lovely to hear from you xxxxxxxx

snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
Caitlin only a good sleeper if she in my bed! Was drivin me crazy last few weeks waking at 5am so I just started bringin her in wiv me and instantly she settles. makin a rod for my own back I know! Rolling Eyes

Just checked & Caitlin was 64cm at 4 months so Sam must be tall! Caitlin still wearin 3-6 month, though hav put afew 6-9 month tops on recently as she got such pretty ones for xmas. Sleeves are well rolled up but!

So cute imaginin sam tryin to hold his own amongst his siblings! That prob is a real advantage in his development, though iv been told by other mummys that I shud stop hopin that she will crawl or roll soon cos apparently il not be able to sit down for a minute!

I know wot u mean about them bein sponges, Caitlin learnt how to play peek a boo with her blaket last wk and I was so proud watchin her hide and then laugh wen she pulled blanket down Laughing

Hope more july mummies join this thread! mite post in newborn to let them know we here!
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:17 am 
Post subject:
Mara are we the only people that had a baby in July 09??? Shocked the pregnancy thread for july had about 10-12 regular posters from what I remember.

How are the rest of u July mummys????? Cool
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:27 am 
Post subject:
Lol i know! There were deffo more July mummies than just us! Although strictly speaking i should have been a June mummy but went 12 days over Laughing Laughing

Ah well they wiil find us.

How are you snoopy? Sams been a right monkey last few nights! Cant get him to bed at a decent hour. I have let him get out of his routine over christmas so i think a little controlled crying is on the cards for the next few nights Rolling Eyes

Should be fun Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I made the mistake of taking my first baby into bed with me as it was easier but boy did i pay for it Shocked Never again Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hope you and Caitlins ok hun xxxxxx

donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:30 am 
Post subject:
Hiya girlies. Great 2 c the july post back! Glad ur little ones r doin ok. Harry is sleeping through now from 7 - 9 so im starting 2 feel human again, think the fact he is having solids now has helped. He can roll both ways, trys 2 sit up but i discourage that as it makes him throw up + i want him 2 b immobile 4 as long as possible, lol! He loves going swimming, walks in the baby sling, hates the pushchair - screams murderously when in that but im trying 2 persevere on that one. He is a little porker weighing in at 19 pounds now on 75th percentile. Good 2 b back x
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:12 pm 
Post subject:
hi donzy! Very Happy Me and mara are glad of the company! harry is a great weight, sounds like he thriving! We hav been trying to encourage Caitlin to roll 2nite, she gets on her side then we gently nudge her over on to her tummy and she lies and laughs..... wont do it wivout the nudge but! Laughing

Yeah mara her sleepin is up the left too. Gona really try and get her into at least an 8-8 routine next wk, 10-9 aint gona do if I go back to work and that could be as soon as March Sad Hopin to nip the sleepin in my bed bit too Rolling Eyes Im not holdin my breath but, she has me wrapped around her lil finger!

Oh somethin new i might try this week or next is introducin babyrice. Shocked Wonderin if it might fill her better and help her sleep. How did u ladies introduce solids? A few spoons mid morning? Was wondering if a few spoons at tea would be more filling. Im lost as to how much to giv and wen with btls once I introduce a few spoonfuls.... Dnt want her missin out on milk, she only takes about 25oz a day over 4btls so she aint overly hungry.... This baby lark is more confusing than I thought Laughing
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:21 am 
Post subject:
Hey donzy Very Happy OMG what a fab weight lol. Sounds like hes doing brill Laughing

Im right there with you on the immobile bit but unfortunately theres no stopping Sam Laughing Laughing

He has perfected the sitting up in the last couple of days and can sit for around 10 mins Laughing

Hey Snoop hun. Glad the sleeps better. I started Sam with Baby porridge. Never gave him baby rice as its horrid Laughing

I started him with a few spoonfuls at tea time and he gradually took more and more. Then after about 3 weeks i started him on breakfast with his first bottle. Now he has lunch most days Rolling Eyes . Hes a right pig. He will eat the equivalent of a full jar of food each meal but i have started him on home cooked food Very Happy (wheatabix, dinners etc)

He still takes around 30oz of milk per day though and i have moved him onto stage 3 milk Rolling Eyes there is just no filling him but hes not really fat. He is just very tall around 70-72 cm a month ago!!! Shocked He weighed 16lb about a month ago so god knows what he weighs now lol.

donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
Snoop, i tried harry with baby rice but not impressed Mad

he likes baby porrige with fruit now, initially i just tried a couple teaspoons at lunch time, then gradually increased the portion, then moved it to breakfast time a week later and introduced lunch, again a few tea spoons.

now harry has a bottle when he wakes, porridge about 9, a bottle about 11.30 then lunch at 12.30, which is savoury then followed by fruit puree, just starting to introduce something at 5 but he isnt interested at the mo so not gonna push him x Smile
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hey girls. I normally post in june mummies as i was due end of june so got talking to all them in pregnancy. Guess i can join in here though as Immi was a week later so July baby.

Imogen is doing really well. She's always been a great sleeper and is now going 8pm-9am. Sometimes wakes at 5/6am but mostly gets herself back to sleep.
She has her 2bottom teeth.
She's been rolling all around the room since 3 1/2months. (she's always been a wriggler, from about 1month she was on her side trying to get further lol)
She can sit up for quite a while unless she's particularly excited and just bounces then falls Laughing
She's now on 3meals a day.
Despite being big at birth (9lb 12oz) she has dropped from 98th centile to 25th. So she's not my chunky monkey anymore but still healthy, apparently she just wasnt destined to be a big baby and has now found the line she wants to stay on. She's around 14lb 11oz atm. She still fits in some newborn babygros still and has only just gone into 3-6months clothes but most look really big on her, she's got really little legs!

having a real problem with getting milk into her atm, so if anyones got any advice i'd been grateful. She takes about 12oz from a bottles within the day and i put about 2oz in each meal but i just cant get her to have anymore. She screams and throws the bottle. I think i will start follow on milk when this box has run out.

snoop - yes i introduced a few spoonfuls at lunch then it quite quickly went up to lunch and evening as she loves food. I think its just instinct knowing how much she will want after that. I dont really measure of anything i just know now the rough amount she will eat. good luck with it

Hope you &babies are all well.xx

snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi michelle. Very Happy Imogen sounds like she doin fab. She was really young rolling! Caitlin still wont go the whole way over Rolling Eyes Prob easier for me though if she stays still for a while longer. Dont have a clue how to get her to take more milk, though as far as I know they need min 20oz a day wen on 3 meals so u not far off with 18oz including meals... (im pretty sure 20oz is what the dietician at the hospital told me when I had to discuss weaning due to caitlins milk allergy)

Mara howz Sams sleepin? Back in routine yet? havent managed to change Caitlin from 10-9 to 8-8 yet though thankfully she has spent 3 outta the last 4 nights in her own bed so thats something! Smile

Thanx everyone for the advice on weaning. Think im gona be a bore and wait until the 22nd jan to start her wen she 6months. She still not sittin up, not finishin btls and isnt interested wen we are eating - so because she prone to allergies I think im gona wait & go by the book, only thing tempting me is the fact she has been waking at night again. Went out yday but and bought 10 dif jars, mainly fruit or veg purees and a box of porridge (plums organic) so im all sorted to start. She got some lovely bowls and spoons for xmas and im quite excited about it. God how sad am I. Laughing Do intend to make my own baby food but wana see what she likes and dislikes first.
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hey girlies. Michelle great to see you on her like you i was a Junie but ended up in July lol. Imogene sounds like a little angel hun, a lovely petite little girl.

Not sure about the milk hun. Like you said maybe get her on the next milk see how she goes.
Bet you have little teeth marks just like me Rolling Eyes

Snoopy its great to hear yo got Caitlin sleeping in her own bed again well done hun Very Happy

Sam is now back in his routine thankfully. Phew a few hrs to myself on a night again Rolling Eyes

I am having a bit of a nightmare atm though cause he can now get about loads so is into everything Rolling Eyes i am constantly taking things off him. Keep having to remind the kids to shift her stuff Rolling Eyes

But apart from that all is good Very Happy

shandie
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:41 pm 
Post subject:
I was due early August but my little girl arrived a few days early so here I am. Gosh my little one sounds like a lazy little madam compared to your babys lol.

She has no teeth but has been teething since she was about 10wks old. She can sit up for about 2mins after that she tends to lean too far forward, she's not too keen on being on her stomach, tho does sleep much better and for much longer if put on her stomach.

She has rolled over just once when she was 4months, but has not been able to manage it since, i think its due to her weight lol

She reaches and grabs for things with ease, she's a very happy noisey baby, constantly smiling, she laughs out loud really LOUD. I haven't gotten round to getting her weighed yet, but she is a very chubby baby, she wears 6-9months clothes, forget 3-6months lol

I started weaning her at 4months, (was adviced not to as she suffers from reflux, and was on medication for this, but i trusted my instincts that starting her on solids might help, and it did-she has never experienced any problems associated with her reflux since.

I started her with baby rice once a day, she took to this like a duck to water, when i gave her the first mouthful she swallowed it instantly, and looked at me as if to say "about bloody time" lol and we haven't looked back since, she's on 3 meals a day now. She still can only manage to drink just 5oz of milk, and she wakes up just once during the night.
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:46 pm 
Post subject:
hi, well I should have been an august mum, but my little girl decided to make a very early appearance on the 3rd of July, (she was nearly a June baby.) Its great to have a July group now.

I started trying her with purees a month ago, as she seemed very reluctant to drink her milk. She seems to really enjoy her purees.
She sleeps really well at nights from 9.30 - 8.30, isn't it great to finally get a nights sleep again.
Page 1 of 8

Jump to:  

Community

Popular