July 09 Babies.

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:44 am 
Post subject:
Snoopy your post made me smile Very Happy

Good on your with the WW. My weight is really getting me down Sad feel so [*CENSORED*] about myself in that department Confused

This time of year is a bloody nightmare for the coughs and colds etc aint it Mad Sam i full of conjunctivitis poor thing!

PMSL at your scales Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Photobucket is dead simple to use. You upload you photo and copy and paste the code in your message and hey presto Very Happy

I have posted a video of Sam in baby pics is anyone wants to have a look!

My babies are growing up!
donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:21 am 
Post subject:
snoopy u make me laugh! well done on the weight loss, im still trying, going to ww tonight to see how much i have put on! Embarassed Embarassed

mara, hope sam's conjunctivitis has cleared up, harry had it just before christmas and the health visitor said to me at weigh in clinic in front of other mums

' express some breast milk and bathe his eyes with it......oh yes, i forgot ur not breast feeding anymore r u?' Evil or Very Mad

u can imagine how angry i was, i dont have much faith in them tbh.

took harry to be weighed yesterday, he is 20ilb, 76 cm's. they even measured his height twice as they didnt believe it, i said i dont make him sleep in a grobag, (well i do but not that sort, pmsl)
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, sorry I've not been on in ages! Sounds like all our babies are Stars, they're all coming on a treat! Where have the past 6 and 1/2 months gone? We booked our holiday for the week before Emilia's birthday and it really doesn't seem 5 minutes since she was a tinie tiny newborn! SCARY!!!

Emilia has only started rolling again this week after her first time which seems ages ago! She loves being on her front though and now once she's rolled over she puts her head down and tries to get her knees under - crawling soon methinks!!!! Still no teeth though Snoopy21, she's absolutely desperate for them bless her she's been grumbling in pain and had some really nasty teething nappies as well. I found those teething powders though and they really seemed to have helped her!

I'm in the same boat with the weight thing! I was a big girl before pregnancy but now I'm absolutely huge, just can't seem to shift it! Start back to work in March though so hopefully a new routine and busy shifts will help!

I will try to get on more often to reply to thread!
See you soon! x x

shandie
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
My little one was due 2nd august but arrived on the 31st July, so here I am.

She weighed 7lbs 12oz, and I planned on BF her at least until she was 6months old, but that didn't work out, I only managed until she was about 2months. She suffered from reflux and spitting up, which completly freaked me out, especailly the spitting up, she seemed to choke on it. She was on Gavison for about 4months and Cow&gate comfortable digestion.

I wasn't going to start weaning her until she was 6 months but she seemed ready to start earlier so I did at 4 months and thats when her reflux and spitting up stopped as well. She's been teething since she was about 6wks, but still no signs of any teeth. She rolled over once when she was about 4 months, and never again since, she's been sitting up since she was 5 months old. She loves going on her belly, if I put her on all 4's she will move one arm, rock then flop down. lol

I haven't weighed her for ages, so i've no idea what she weighs but she's in 6-9months clothes. She can only manage to drink just 5oz of milk at any one time. She's on 3 meals (jars) a day, she also loves my mashed potatoes, with mixed veg.

Getting anxious about her crawling especially seeing all your lovely babies only a couple of weeks older, and have already mastered crawling.
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:29 am 
Post subject:
Hey shandie! Very Happy
Dont be worrying! Your LO's development sounds the same as caitlins! She was due 19th July and born 22nd July by induction due to high BP.
I breastfed her for 8wks but stopped due to milk allergy, even though id have loved to be able to continue BF and was emotional when I stopped (I really didnt expect to feel like this! ). Embarassed
Caitlin responded great to bottle feeding, though did seem to take less oz's than other babies (20-24oz per day) Im not sure whether the milk perscribed by doc is more filling... anyway Caitlin wasnt weaned until 6 months (she really wasnt hungry...) and was taking 4, 5-6oz btls and 1/2 a jar at breakfast and dinner. then she got a cold followed by a tummy bug Rolling Eyes which resulted in her totally goin off food and takin maybe 16oz milk a day and no food. She has lost a bit of weight and is now 16lb 13oz. Sad She been draining her btls last 2 days so am expecting her to pile weight on and make it back up!
Very Happy
Developmentally Caity didnt roll till 6months and still doesnt roll more than twice in a row so doesnt get far,,, on her tummy she remains happy for 10-15min and will reach for a fav toy but def isnt close to crawling. If i hold her by her arms she will walk and laugh but I think thats more me forcing the poor pet lol! Caitlin has no teeth either!!! Ur buba is def not behind! Laughing
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:11 am 
Post subject:
Hey guys, I'm back!! Donzy reminded me on facebook that i never post on here anymore so here I am!! I do have a sneaky peak sometimes at the feeding forums but that's it i'm afraid!

Anyway, Lili and I are both doing well. I've lost all my baby weight and more now so really pleased with that. Lili is thriving at 7 and a half months - she weighs nearly 17lb and absolutely loves her food - hasn't refused anything yet. We are still having trouble with her posetting though but doctor is happy about her weight gain so still says she'll grow out of it. She's been sitting up since 5 months and rolls around so fast (had to put the stair gate up on top of the stairs). She has been trying to pull herself up (in the bath of all places) so i'm wondering whether she'll skip the crawling? She had her bottom two teeth through at christmas time and her top two are trying to come through i think. She says Daddy now but not mummy Sad and waves goodbye. She has the loveliest smile and still sleeps all night from 7 to 7

I am going back to work tomorrow so she will be going to Creche 4 days a week. She's been for some taster sessions and seemed to enjoy it so fingers crossed she'll be ok. I'm not sure I will be though!!

Well great to catch up with you girlies again, i will try not to be so slack from now on!

donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
MOGGIE! Welcome back! Lili is gorgeous + I know where ur comin from bout the work thing. Im back 3 days a week + itr hard, physically + mentally. Hate leavin harry though I know he is being looked after brilliantly by MIL. Just h8 leavin him. + its hard wakin early handing him over at 1 when I go 2 work, then being in charge of a shift when I have been up half the nite with a teething baby is bloody hard work. Harry has cut 3 teeth in a week + another is on the way. Trying lumpier food now, he loves marmite sandwiches and finger foods. Especially rice cakes, yuk! Just cooked up a batch of bolognese, those baby pasta shapes r so cute!
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hey guys just thought i would check in Very Happy

Hope all my fellow July mummies and babies are good Very Happy

Well what can i tell you. Sam has been poorly for a couple of weeks. Bad chest cold and stuff and is on his second dose of antibiotics Confused

Just notice today tooth number 7 through and another 3 at the surface so probably through in next few days!

Only problem with all the illness is now Sam has gotten really morngy and clingy. He cries everytime i put him down so pretty exhausting!.

But it hasnt stopped him being a handful! He can now walk with furniture easily and is starting to reach out to get to another piece of furniture. He is letting go all the time now and is really showing signs he wants to be off walking Confused

He is saying dada all the time but no sign of mama Evil or Very Mad thats gratitude for you Evil or Very Mad

He loves playing so big and puts his arms in the air when you ask him how big he is Laughing and he has just started copying if i tap on his hands he will do it back Very Happy

But i am finding it really hard now he is on the move all the time. Its certainly not easy being mummy to 4 kids. Never enough hours in the day to get everything done Confused

But on the plus side i have joined a gym yay Very Happy so hopefully will shift some of this weight!!!

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
Thought i would just update. Caught Sam halfway up the stairs today Shocked Shocked Shocked Only turned my back for a minute and he was up like a shot. Now he wont stop doing it and i cant have a gat thereas there is nothing to fasten it to Confused Confused Confused

EmzyLouPlusThree
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:39 am 
Post subject:
aw mara cant beleive what a bright little button your sam is , its amazing! Tommy has 4 teeth now he sits up really well and eats pretty much everything he loves sandwiches bless him , still no rolling or signs of crawling though Rolling Eyes although its quite nice that i can still put him down and still find him there when i come back lol , hes very vocal says rara baba dada just not mama hes always laughing never cries real happy chappy , hope everyone and there babies are getting on well xx
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Just wanted say Hi to everyone. I've not had a chance to read the thread yet but I will do soon and post some comments.

Hope you are all well.

Terri xx

MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry i have totally forgotten to post here. Imogen is just getting more and more of a handful everyday! She pulled herself up to standing a few weeks ago and perfected cruising last week. Her new favourite trick is going the coffee table with a toy, gets to standing and leaning on the table, then drops the toy on purpose so she can show me how she can bend over and pick it up. Laughing Its so funny watching as she does it about 10 times in a row and always makes sure i'm looking and watching. If she doesn't have a toy she just like to bend over and touch her toes. Laughing
We've also been practicing standing on her own. She managed about 5seconds today so i'm very proud of her. She loves walking when you hold her hands so i'm thinking combining these two she might be walking by her 1st birthday.

Like you said Mara, i'm finding Imogen very clingy since she was ill this last week. She either wants to me held but then climbs up me Confused or she wants me right next to her while she's exploring.
She's also perfected her whiney scream when she doesn't get her own, which is just lovely.Laughing I'm finding it hard as it seems OH's family just give in to her. Anyone else have this problem?? We were at dinner last week and she grabbed my fork trying to play with it, i took it away, she whinged so MIL was fusing about finding her another fork to play with... firstly she shouldn't be playing with any fork and secondly all thats teaching Immi is that the min she whines someone will give her what she wants. I really don't want her raised that way.

Anyway i've rambled enough, hope you're all okxx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:04 am 
Post subject:
Hi

As I have not been posting pn this thread I will tell you a little about myself and my little man.

First off I used to go by the screen name "TerriJayne" so you may remember me from that.

Oliver was born on 18th July 2009 after being induced and a 8 hours labour that ended in an assisted delivery (vontouse).

Had a bit of problem with breastfeeding at first and he lost 12% of his body weight so we ended up back in hospital for a couple of days to get breastfeeding established. In my opinion if the government gave more to the NHS, especially midwifery then I may have been helped more when I had him which would have saved us going through all that.

He's still quite little bless him (around 15-16lb) and people don't really believe when I say he is almost 8 months old as he looks more like about 4-5 months, he's still in 3-6 months clothes which is good in a way as he is not growing out of stuff as quick as expected!

Weaning went really bad at first but then suddenly last weekend from no where he just became a right foody and now he'll eat anything in sight. He usually has what we have, just mashed up, then I give him fruit smoothy for desert which the hubby makes fresh or I give him a petit folous (or however its spelt).

Oliver has been teething now since about 2 months old and has a painful bought about once a fortnight but still no teeth have come through, I'm starting to think he hasn't got any (hehe).

He is currently sat in his baby walker staring out of the window. As much as I'd like him to be a Dr or a Lawyer I think he may end up being an outdoor worker like a gardener or something similar.

I had yesterday off work so got most of the cleaning and washing done then so I'm just planning a relaxing one with may be a few walks. I'm still half a stone off what I was when I became pregnant and then I was 1 1/2 stone overweight so I still have two stone to loose, hence the walking, plus its good fresh aire for Oli-bear. I think i am starting a water fast today too, its where you only drink water for 3 days, its meant to detox your body (not that I believe in that stuff) but also you loose about 3lb! that'll help kick-start the weight loss me thinks!

Anyway thats enough of me going on for now, whats everyone up to this weekend?

Terri xx

snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:10 am 
Post subject:
Hi terri Smile Glad uv joined us Smile

Caitlin update...
STILL no teeth Rolling Eyes
Weighs about 18lb, havent weighed her this week Laughing
Wearing 9-12mth tops cos has long torso (6-9 still fit but startin to look short) Can still fit 3-6 trousers and tights though. A cpl wks ago I pondered whether she had a rare form of dwarfism cos of her short legs, long body and big head.... iv too much time on my hands Laughing (Btw caitys head doesnt look huge, its just at top of centile chart Smile )
Rolling everywer now. Trying to crawl but cant, sort of shuffles round in a circle.
Sleeping maybe 9-8 at the moment. Up until this week she was still waking 3-4 times a night for dummy but am finding that by getting her to bed earlier (bedtime had been creeping up to 1030/11pm) she sleeping better.
New favourite game is ripping tissues outta box Rolling Eyes
Says dada constantly. No mama yet, ungreatful madam Mad Laughing
She goin through a clingy stage too. For a cpl weeks there I had to rush back from WW (iv now lost 15lb woohoo!!) as she was unsettled bn left with MIL. Seemed more settled this week but at home still cries if I leave the room. Have to shower quickly in morning while she screams blue murder then beams from her cot when I come back. Confused

I honestly dont knw how u cope with ur adventure babies. Sam and imogen sound like mini toddlers Laughing

Im meant to be going back to work next week but hav decided not to. Hrs dont suit and nursery place fell through. Hate the thought of leaving her anyway and didnt wana spend last 2wks of mat leave stressing lookin for childminder. Gona look for something more suitable in a few months. My income dropping few hundred quid a month though due to no SMP or working tax credits. Hoping il manage somehow Confused Sad

As for plans this wkend... its OH bday on mon so think me and caitlin gona go shopping 2day and pick sumthin nice. He was out last nite so think he wud appreciate peace 2day!

Finally HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!! Hope u all get spoilt 2moro. xxx
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:50 pm 
Post subject:
Come on ladies its been a week since anyone posted and that was me Laughing

Just popped in to update... I think Caitlin is getting her first tooth at 8 months! Very Happy can feel something sharp in bottom gum. cant see anything but Confused No grumpiness about it either so hoping she a strange baby that teething doesnt bother... i can live in hope..... Laughing

Oh and she can crawl backwards now which she finds frustrating. Keep finding her with her legs trapped in cot bars or under chair legs Rolling Eyes

Hope your all doing ok!

Bet Sam and Imogen are running by down and are getting their adult teeth Laughing just as Caitlin catches up I bet other babys are learning new tricks to keep their mummys on their toes!
Page 6 of 8

Jump to:  

Community

Popular