Symphisis Pubis Disfunction

baileyjean
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:59 am 
Post subject: Symphisis Pubis Disfunction
Hi everybody,
I have recently been diagnosed with this lovely condition, i am 32 weeks pregnant but i have had it since i was about 14 weeks! i have tried everything to control it but nothing works, so much so that i have now been told that my last chance is swimming, does anybody have any advice for me please? ive have literally tried everything its so bad my poor partner bless him has to sleep in the spare room because i keep him awake at night! if anyone can help i would grately appreciate it, thankyou.
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:29 am 
Post subject:
I have had SPD with both my pregnancies, and unfortunately the only advice I can offer is to rest. Try not to do too much walking or anything where your legs are seperated, so when going up the stairs try to go up one at a time, and get out of bed with your legs together. The best thing to do is try to get referred for physiotherapy, where they can also give you a support belt to go around your pelvis which helped me a little bit. When swimming, although the pressure is taken off your pelvis, try not to do breast stroke as your legs are apart. One last thing is when in labour, if you have a supportive midwife, try to give birth lying on your side with your legs together - do not lay on your back with your legs apart, as this can be sheer agony. I hope this helps.
mrswolfbane
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
my midwife told me to buy them pants that hold ur tummy in but a size bigger as they actually hold ur pelvis together aswell obv a size bigger bcuz of ur belly im going to try it and see if it works
cardea
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:09 am 
Post subject: SPD
Hi - i'm 35 weeks preg and have had SPD since about 24 weeks -luckily it is only mild. Somedays it is really painful and i can not put one foot in fronf of the other and the next day i can be fine. The only thing i can advice is rest. My midwife has suggested a support belt to help support the weight of the growing baby etc. I hav'nt bothered as it has not been too bad - maybe this would be of a benefit to you though ? Also, your midwife should refer to to a physiotherapist. X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular