How did it go?

xDebsx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:41 pm 
Post subject: How did it go?
Hey Ladies - hope you all had a fab xmas!

How did it go with the step kids? any dramas? tantrums etc? any fall outs with the OHs?

We had a fab time. Had a couple of moments with OH daughter trying to act cocky so I ended up taking OH to one side and telling him to speak to her or I will! lol. Nothing major just tried to tell me that her dads wages had nothing to do with me as I don't go to work - he does! Shocked I could have slapped her - the cheeky little cow! If my family etc hadn't been there, there probably would have been trouble but didnt want it to escalate on xmas day. So anyway OH had words and she appologised. Then OH had words on boxing day about her drinking too much and showing off in front of the cousins etc - same old stuff really but all in all was actually a good time. Not completely uneventful but a lot less stressful than I imagined.

Hope you all had a fab time!

xx

SusanandLibby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:19 am 
Post subject:
Aww glad youhad a good one, ours was great really relaxed. W

e never have had Tia (my stepdaughter) for xmas, not even xmas eve or boxing day so this year we asked if she could pop round even for half an hour just to see Libby (who she absolutely loves) and to open her pressies on xmas day, she was round her nannys (her mums mum) all day who only lives literally round the corner so she managed to pop round for half an hour. Its a shame we didn't have her for longer but at least we did get to see her. Won't be seeing her again tho til Saturday Mad

dizzylamb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:40 am 
Post subject:
Me and OH ended up having a row because he didn't think we'd spent enough on his other daughter who is 9. I'm normally the main wage earner and now I'm on mat leave so we are totally broke. All her presents and Amy's presents were bought on a credit card (naughty me) and I think they both had plenty. Her main present was a keyboard and stand which cost about 80 and she had other things like games and a silver bracelet but he said I was tight. All this was on Christmas eve and I was really upset because I'd been stuck in the house for a week before because of the snow and had basically organised our entire Christmas in one day. Amy obviously had more presents at our house because she had presents from my family whereas only my mum buys for OH's daughter. He didn't understand that his daughter will have had exactly the same at her mums house and whatever she gets at ours is on top of that, he made me feel like she was more important than our baby. He did apologise on Christmas morning when he realised she was really chuffed with her presents but it ruined Christmas a bit for me. Men, can't live with em, can't kill em. Twisted Evil
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:04 am 
Post subject:
Hello step mum's - Happy New Year!!

Well we had a lovely christmas and glad to hear yours weren't too stressful!! - our chritmas day was great no issue's! Very Happy

Boxing Day started a bit stressy when my son got up with the hump (me and oh were not happy after all the presses, soon snaped out of it but did take the edge off the morning though!) oh had to take step sons home and my family were coming over and that was a bit tense to start just because my oh didn't want to take boys home but ended a lovely day which was good! its very hard when kids are coming and going cause the balance in the house keeps changing, sometimes making me feel like a visitor in my own house!!!

dizzylamb - sounds like you brought lovely presents for your sd - oh's are so defensive where their kids are concerned he probably would have had something to say about whatever you brought and feels guity he didn't go shopping for the kids- tell him to do the shopping next year!!

I'm bit stressed now though cause oh has no work (hes s. employed) and i'm back at work whats everyone doing for new year?
wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:27 am 
Post subject:
hey all,

xmas wasnt too bad, step kids seemed to stay in their rooms with their laptop / stereo or whatever do didnt really see that much of them...

went to my mums on the sunday and was very suprised to see that my mum, brother and dad had bought presents for my step kids... my mum did it last year but nobody else did. even my nanna got them a tin of heroes!... the kids didnt seem very appreciative though which peed me off if im honest and step daughter said something to upset me about the card my mum got her for her birthday because she couldnt read the writing great but my mum only has 2% vision in 1 eye ffs! and had pneumonia at the time of writing Rolling Eyes but other than that it was ok...

step son keeps insisting on picking andrew up when andrew really doesnt want it so oh was really good and kept telling him that andrew would go to him if he wanted to ..

ohs dayughter and i had a couple of hours shopping yesterday, she got 2 pairs of earrings and a couple more pandora bead things for her bracelet that we got her - what suprised me most was that she asked to go shopping with me Very Happy

felt really sorry for my step daughter she was all upset at midnight on nye because her mum was all alone (kinda made me feel sorry for her mum too Shocked ) so told oh to text her mum and ask her to call her and all was well

not as bad as i expected to be honest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Step Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular