** WHAT DID YOUR TODDLER EAT TODAY **

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:37 pm 
Post subject: ** WHAT DID YOUR TODDLER EAT TODAY **
I've seen this done somewhere before and it works really well. You can get some lovely quick idea's of meals and snacks etc
Its a really nice idea to see what sort of things your LO is eating and enjoying.

So I will start Very Happy

Yesterday (Sat)
B/fast: Ready brek with raspberry puree
Snack: Organix biscuit
Lunch: Couliflower Cheese grill and veg-ate most of that Very Happy Followed by a yogurt
Snack: Few choc white buttons
Tea: Bangers and beans with mash potato, ate very little Sad so gave him a small bit of cheese and some crackers, which he ate followed by a plum and a yougurt

Today (sun)
B: Weetabix and and organix fruit pot
S: Cheese chunks and a rice cake
L: Jacket potato with cheese and spring veg, only half eaten..followed by a full banana and pot of custard.
S: Probably be an orange or small biscuit
T: He'll be having a Pork roast with apple sauce and yorkshire pud, mash and veg (same as us)..then for afters he got a Jelly

EDIT-He ended up having a small breadstick as a little snack whilst waiting for tea, then he ate most of his pork and apple, bit of mash, onion and carrots..kept spitting out the cauliflower Confused ,afters he had his jelly and an orange and half a small apple and cinnamon muffin

Last edited by Zee81 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
aw great idea ok i'll go.

also zee do you puree his food or mash it or bit of both? rowan has chuncks and some mashed.

ok Sat

Breakfast: Porridge and Pear & Apple Puree
Snack: Rice Cake & grapes
Lunch: lots of things lol he had a peice of schampi, peas, garlic bread. then had spag bowl followed by ice cream
No snack as he was a little full from lunch
Dinner: He had a jar of beef casserole as am paranoid he never eats enough and if he eats this i know he's eaten (I hope that makes sense)

Sun:

Breakfast: Porridge plus whole banana
Snack: Jam sandwich
Lunch(when he wakes up) fish fingers, peas and mash
Snack: bread sticks and cheese
Dinner: beef, mash, peas, broccoli with gravy
then a yougurt after

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
KELLYnROWAN wrote:

also zee do you puree his food or mash it or bit of both? rowan has chuncks and some mashed.
Neither now, I just cut it up with a knife and fork to bite size chunks I feed him bits and he eats the rest with his fingers.

I was kinda mashing it all up together still, habit I suppose Rolling Eyes But realised he should really be eating it as it comes so he can get used to all the individual flavours. Its like weaning all over again, some of the faces he pulls Laughing Then he looks at me as if to say 'hmm, thats familiar' Laughing
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
yesterday

B: porridge and 3oz milk
L: lamb soup
Dinner: Ravioli

lily-ann generally doesn't have snacks but when she does it'll generally be a piece of fruit

today:

porridge for brekkie again(she only eats that and toast, sh doesn't seem to be a fan of cereals Confused )
lunch: ravioli(the other half of the tin from lastnight's dnner)
Dinner will probably be spaghetti bolognese made from quorn mince

SusanandLibby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hmmmm, Libby doesn't eat as much as your two Confused

Sat

Breakfast : Mashed banana with a whole weetabix and some rice crispies
Lunch: One slice of buttered bread with spaghetti hoops, a petit filous yoghurt and a snack size box of raisins
Dinner: Cheese and ham pasta and another yoghurt

Sun

Breakfast: Mashed banana, weetabix etc (she loves it and eats it all so she has it often Very Happy)
Lunch: Ham sandwich, cheese savouries and a yoghurt
She had some grapes this afternoon as well
Dinner: Don't know yet possibly garlic bread pizza and chips? Oh and definately another yoghurt (maybe 2)

Do you think I'm feeding her enough? I can't give her snacks otherwise he won't eat her meals Sad . xx

dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
Sat -
good post. Ive got to admit im not v good with his meals, so hopefully il get some good ideas here Very Happy

Sat -
Breakfast: 5oz milk and porrige with strawberry jam in
Snack: 2 Shortbread biscuits
Lunch: Half a chicken sandwich and half a pack of wotsits
Snack: Cheese cubes & buscuit.
Dinner: Spagetti on toast
Bed: 8oz milk

Sun -
Breakfast: 8oz milk and marmalade on toast
Snack: 3 rice cakes
Lunch: Half a ham sandwich, some cut up bits of cheese and some mini chedders
Snack: 2 shortbread buscuits
Dinner: 3 chicken nuggarts cut up and mixed with a bag of veg (peas, carrots and broccoli) and gravy
Bed: 8oz milk

xXleanne83Xx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
Sat
Breakfast
Weetabix plus 8oz milk
Snack
grapes
Lunch
Cheese roll a few wotsits raisens and a yogurt
Snack
rich tea biscuit
Dinner
home made lasagne
8oz milk before bed

Sun
Breakfast
8oz milk and cheerios
snack
fruit bar
Lunch
tomatoe soup and bread, half banana
snack
raisens
Dinner
roast beef, pots veg and a yorky pud.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
ZeeAndOliver wrote:
KELLYnROWAN wrote:

Neither now, I just cut it up with a knife and fork to bite size chunks I feed him bits and he eats the rest with his fingers.

I was kinda mashing it all up together still, habit I suppose Rolling Eyes But realised he should really be eating it as it comes so he can get used to all the individual flavours. Its like weaning all over again, some of the faces he pulls Laughing Then he looks at me as if to say 'hmm, thats familiar' Laughing

see am so confushed with what i should be giving him. but i give him his food cut up but always feel he's not eaten enough. should i just let him eat what he wants (which i do) then offer him his yogurt.

i just worry too much i think.

also i cant imagine giving him soup dont know why are your babys ok with it?

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Kelly..I just let him eat the amount he wants..as long as he's made a decent effort then i'll give him his pud, but if he turns his nose up straight away..I won't push him, but offer him some fresh fruit instead.

I used to worry so much, but now I just think he'll eat when he's hungry and he does, he has 3 meals a day, 2 snacks a day a 3 bottles plus water or juice in between.. personally I think thats good, so even if he doesn't eat his whole meal am just happy he's eaten something Very Happy

Ps..I give Ollie soup too (usually thick veg, lentil or broth ones), I put little chunks of bread in and he dips bread pieces in and eats them too Laughing
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
Great idea hun!

Saturday-

Breakfast- Apple and blueberry porridge

10.30 Snack- 4 Berry snackajacks

Lunch- 2 Cod fingers, 3 Happy smiles and mushy peas followed by a sqeezy yoghurt.

3.30 Snack- 3 Biscotti biscuits.

Tea- Cottage pie with Veg.

Sunday:

Breakfast- Slice of 50/50 toast & a Banana

10.30am Snack- 5 small rice cakes

Lunch- Dairylea sandwich, small sausage roll, grapes and 2 small cubes of cheese. Yoghurt for afters.

3.30pm Snack- Small orange

Tea- Chicken, peas, carrots, swede, cabbage, potato and gravy (All finger food sized)

Trying to encourage her to use her knife and fork but having no luck yet, she'll do a couple of mouthfuls but then they go flying across the room as she gets tucked in with her hands Laughing xx

Pinky22
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:13 am 
Post subject:
This is a great post Zee. Harry isnt quite a toddler yet but this is really helpful to get ready for when he is!
Kelly, I am starting to introduce more finger foods to Harry so I am giving him a finger food tea every day but like you I worry that he doesnt eat enough and still give him a jar or homemade puree for lunch so that I know how much he is eating.
I am hoping that he will get better with finger food and I will be able to stop giving him the purees but at the moment he is really fussy and seems to only eat bread. When I give him veg or fruit he bites chunks off and spits them out!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
hey pinky long time no seee.

its worrying isint it. rowan does the same with fingers foods or just throws them.

Monday

Breakfast: porridge & yogurt
snack: ginger bread man
lunch, salmon fingers, garlic bread and thomas spegetthi
snack : will be a rice cake and grapes
dinner: sausage, mash, peas and gravy then mango and cream

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
Monday..

B: Weetabix and plum and half a banana
S: Bit of my toast and marmalade and a rich tea
L: Home made Beef broth soup and 1/2 a slice of bread, Jelly, and a hand full of raisins.
S: A few Mini chedders
T: Home made Spag bol...he loves the stuff and scranned the lot, then he had 1/2 and apple with cinnamon and custard, another handful of raisins and 1/2 a fig biscuit.
Ohh, and half an Onion ring that he was eyeing up from my plate Laughing

Last edited by Zee81 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
how do you guys get their 5 a day in them?

andrew is having a fruit pot with his breakfast, grapes usually as a snack and another fruit pot and probably 1 veg in his meals because hes a fussy sod but i really struggle and i think they are meant to have 3veg and 2 fruit arent they? not 3 fruit like andrew is having....

hes such a poor eater i really struggle with him Sad

can some of you that give them soups like the beef broth put the recipie somewhere for me to look at? that could be an idea! Very Happy xxx
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:06 pm 
Post subject:
wriggler2008 wrote:
how do you guys get their 5 a day in them?

andrew is having a fruit pot with his breakfast, grapes usually as a snack and another fruit pot and probably 1 veg in his meals because hes a fussy sod but i really struggle and i think they are meant to have 3veg and 2 fruit arent they? not 3 fruit like andrew is having....

hes such a poor eater i really struggle with him Sad

can some of you that give them soups like the beef broth put the recipie somewhere for me to look at? that could be an idea! Very Happy xxx

It doesn't matter weather its fruit or veg..just aim for 5 a day, try to get them different colours too, like red grapes, green apple, orange orange lol and so on Very Happy

I just kinda threw this together this morning..
Hand full of red lentils and a hand full of pearl barley
1 carrot
2 small potatoes
and a hand full size of cubed beef steak (sorry didn't bother getting the scales out lol)
Half a veg stock cube and water (just so it covers the veg) and a sprinkle of mixed herbs
Brought to boil then simmered for approx 1hr, wizzed it all up in the blender and voula Very Happy

I had it too, but added a bit of salt to mine.

Just go with the flow Wrig, soups are a great way of getting loads of veg an grains into them Wink
Page 1 of 21

Jump to:  

Community

Popular