Please Help?? Am i pregnant??

jojo81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:20 am 
Post subject: Please Help?? Am i pregnant??
Hi, im about 8 days late, i took a clear blue digital test this morning and it came back negative, does this mean im not pregnant?? I know the digital test are suppose to be the best.. im just so confused becuase im getting a lots of signs to say and make me feel like i am pregnant.

Also when i was pregnant with my daughter 7 yrs ago it took about 2 weeks after my period was due to get a postivie result but i also now how much the test have come on since then.
I would really appreciate some advise
Many thanks
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
You might just have a low hormone level, leave it 3/4 days and test again.

Good luck xx
jojo81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks very much, thats what ive been thinking, plus im full of cold and i quess that doesn't really help..
jojo81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:41 am 
Post subject:
Hi, i went to the doctors yesterday but could only get to see the nurse, she advise me to wait another week and then do another test (which is what i will do) but i also asked her what i should do if that come up negattive aswell and i still had not had my period, she just advise me to wait untill the following months and see if i have a period then but you will be looking at another 2 weeks after next week, do you think this is right or should i book myself into see the doctor is the result is neg next week and i still haven't had my period, just very confussing! Why can't things just be straight forward?? If anyone can help i would be very grateful.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
Go back if its negative and you still havent come on, it wont harm to see the doctor early, even if he just says come back in 2 weeks x
rngrad2b
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:44 am 
Post subject:
Hi,
It sounds like you went through this same thing with your last pregnancy, you may very well be one of those women who produce low levels of Hcg. I have seen patients who have only tested positive through a blood pregnancy test (quantitative Hcg) and never tested positive on a urine test! You may concider asking your doctor to run this blood test if you are feeling anxious, you usually get the results the same day (if you test early enough in the day). I don't see any reason why you Dr would not order this if you requested it.
Out of my own curiosity, I have researched the sensitivity of home pregnancy tests: Currently, the Early Result Pregnancy Test "test 5 days before your missed period" is the most sensitive pregnancy on the market. This company claims that their test is sensitive enough to pick up at 15 mIU, the Clearblue digital picks up levels at 50 mIU's. You may want to try the First Response test in a couple days using your first morning urine.
Hope this helps! Let me know...
~J
http://ultimatebirthplan.googlepages.com/
jojo81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:39 am 
Post subject:
Hi, Thanks very much for your advise, i will purchase one of these for this weeks test.. Its so frustrating because your start thinking the worst, and get yourself all worked up when the test comes back negativie. I know what my body was like 8 years ago so im really going by that but then i was only 18 at the time and thought my body would have matured abit since then but obviously not.
Once again many thanks for your help and advise, i will let you know how it goes...
Fingers crossed xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular