Maternity Claims and benefits? what am i entiteled 2?

abis
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:33 pm 
Post subject: Maternity Claims and benefits? what am i entiteled 2?
Hi, i have never claimed before and this is my first child, does anyone no where i start and what benefits i can be claiming. i also hear the is a grant of 500 but you can not claim this unless you are claiming, does this mean i can claim after the baby is born as i will be on some kind of benefit?
Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
it really depends on if your partner is working whether you can claim most benefits.

i know with the sure start maternity grant(500) you can claim from 29weeks up until 3months after the baby is born but must be getting income support, jobseeker's allowance or a different benefit(can't remember which!) at the time you claim for the grant.

this is the website i generally use and it is very useful and informative.

www.adviceguide.org.uk

abis
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks very much - i will have a look around the site
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
it depends on ur circumstances.

u can claim the sure start maternity grant now if u r on income support or jobseekers or something liek that but if not u need to wait until baby is here and make a claim for tax credits and child benefit and make a calim for the 500 grant by ticking the box stating u r awaiting a decision on ur tax credits as u only have a certain amount of time befor ebbay is born.

how far laong r u with ur pregnancy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular