April 2009

nickynackynoo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:26 am 
Post subject:
lol Rach! I'm 28, so not really that far off you!

Caz - My midwife also ticked all boxes for all bloods to be tested when I only told her which ones I wanted done. I didn't want the NHS wasting time and money on unnecessary ones, so when I went for my scan and the hospital midwife showed me my forms and more shocking that I hadn't noticed and signed them, I was very disgruntled!

I'm not having the bloods done for Maternal Serum Screening. My partner thinks we should, but didn't last time and I wouldn't have the amnio test done anyway, so I'd only be worried sick. They've made the appointment for me, which I told them I'd probably be ringing to cancel. From the way they were talking, they don't seem to be too keen on it. Well, that's the impression I got. My (GP Surgery) midwife started putting the idea of miscarriage and abortion in my head if I had them done. It's a dilema and a half, but for me, I think I've made the right decision.

Nic x

Rach5569
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:32 am 
Post subject:
its so difficult to know what to do, when i had my first meeting with midwife she put the of god in me,saying with my age ive obviously got more chance of a downs,said about what tests they do and then said go home and discuss what you want to do with your partner! he was gutted and said he just wants to enjoy the pregnancy without worrying.
nickynackynoo
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:37 am 
Post subject:
I forgot how scary pregnancy was!

How have things changed since you were last pregnant? I think there's only the overwhelming choice off prams etc now! I went to Mothercare World and thought I'd collapse when I seen them all!!!

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:40 am 
Post subject:
i never have that test either, for alot of people it has come back bad and everything as been ok. but then there is risk of misscarriage etc. i wouldnt want the worry, and i wouldnt have the heart to abort i dont think, even if there was a problem. its a tough decision.
caz x x

Rach5569
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:44 am 
Post subject:
things have changed alot , with my first pregnancy i only had one scan, now apparently you have 3! theres more tests, and hopefully nicer maternity clothes! instead of the tents i used to wear lol. and yes i looked at mothercare website and thought wow!
carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:47 am 
Post subject:
you get 3 scans thats unfair! lol Sad Laughing i only get 2 at my hospital. guna have a 4d scan done at about 27 weeks tho.
caz x x

nickynackynoo
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:51 am 
Post subject:
I only get 2 as well, although I had three last time because the silly midwife (not the one I have now) and her student were almost shreiking that they couldn't tell which way my dd was lying when I was 38 weeks! They thought she was double breech (bum first) and sent me straight to the hospital! I was terrified as OH was at work and didn't have my mobile with me! She was lying normally though thankfully.

I'm not getting a 4d scan done, they're far too expensive and I have my eye on a nice Quinny so the cash will go towards that!

x

nickynackynoo
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:52 am 
Post subject:
What I meant was, they're far too expensive near where I live! Two of my friends had theirs done on a Hen in Poland and it was only 30 quid!

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
they are pricey, but i just cant resist. i had 1 done with shannon and it was amazing so it would be unfair to not have 1 with this baby! he he Very Happy thats my excuse anyway. Laughing
caz x x

nickynackynoo
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
See! That's why I can't get one done! Cos I didn't with dd (not that you could get them then)!

Nic x

JemmaFoot
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:50 pm 
Post subject: hi am new here....
Hi to all mum to be!!

Its my 2nd pregnancy, due on 2nd april 09... Got a little girl whose three years old, looking forward to have little brother or sister.. bless her..
Hope your pregnancy are going well as expected.... Mines fine so far, feeling something lately (butterflies feelings), cant wait for it to get stronger...

baby dust to you all

xxx
rhubarbsmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, our bubba is due the 18th April, its so nice to know there are other mums out there that are roughly due the same time.
wendy131
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:05 am 
Post subject:
Hi all, am new here Very Happy

Due on the 23rd April but just know it will probably be a bit early so I`m stuck in hospital on my birthday on the 19th Laughing

This is my 5th pregnancy, 4th child, have a son who`s 16, a daughter who`s 13 and another daughter who`s 4

It took a bit of getting used to being pregnant, at 34 I thought babies were behind me now lol
Finally start to get excited and midwife starts going on about bleeding and stuff being my 5th and now I`m worried Surprised have to go for a review at hospital next week so they can decide my risk factor and whether I`m able to go to midwife centre or whether I have to go to hospital for birth

I have too declined the screening blood tests, all I did last time was stress and when results came back I was none the wiser as they only give you odds on it happening, even if they do pinpoint a problem they can`t tell you how severe it is, its like downs, I know some downs kids and some of them apart from the obvious look they are just like other kids Smile
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:09 am 
Post subject:
hello wendy

I'm due on 22nd April (according to yesterday's scan), so all close together!!

Anna

p.s. 34?? I didn;t even START having babies til i was 34 lol. Will be 36 when this one comes along Very Happy
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi Anna

I feel about 64 , Oh the joys of having teenagers Laughing

My original date was the 7th but the dating scan knocked me back, guess its a couple more weeks of feeling queasy than I hoped lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular