January 2010 Mummies

clare1980
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:00 pm 
Post subject: January 2010 Mummies
Well a few of us have started to have our babies and Im sure it wont be long for the rest of us so I have started the thread, My little man Henry is doing well my only problem is he seems to be very hungry midwife said he should be on 1-2 ounce every 3 - 4 hours well the 2 ounce is only really settling him for a max of 2 hours and he is hungry again what should I do how much is everyone elses baby taking Henry weighs 9 pound 11 so maybe this is why he is hungry ?

Last edited by clare1980 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Rach2014
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
If he is hungry every 2 hrs feed him x my boy was 9lb 7oz and he guzzles for the uk lol just go with what he wants and dnt listen to a txt book reading h.v
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
she's talking out her arse! josh was 9lb 2oz and drank 100ml for his first ever feed and fed 2 hours apart!

james drinks just under 3oz ever 2-4 hours and hes only a tiny bub!

listen to henry, he knows what he wants!

xx
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:53 pm 
Post subject:
Can I continue to be an honourary january mum Clare? lol. Like everyone has said, feed what he needs. As a bigger baby he will clearly need more than a 7lb baby for example. Harry drinks 3-4oz every 3-4 hours, but he's not quite as big as Henry yet. An extra ounce in Henry's bottle might mean an extra hours kip for you! Take care xx

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:11 am 
Post subject:
Sorry to hjack your thread but just wanted to say my little man fed 2 hourly in the day for weeks. I just fed him when he wanted it. Jack is a big boy but i like him that way! When they get a little older you can give a couple of ounces of cooled boiled water to encourage them to go 3 hours xxx

clare1980
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
thanks so much guys i feel much better with your advise I am now giving him 3 ounce every 3 hours which seems better and he is more settled

Gem you can so be a jan mummy Very Happy

Henry was wewighed today at his 5 day check and had his heel prick done he weighed 10 pound lol Very Happy

clare1980
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:34 pm 
Post subject:
Just wondering if anyone is bottle feeding and if you are how are you preparing the bottles are you doing it to the letter or do you store the water in fridge etc ?

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:09 pm 
Post subject:
once again sorry to hijck......i store the water in the fridge and warm it up a little before he needs it then add the formula. If we are going out i use those little tommy tippee pots xxx

clare1980
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:09 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for hijacking sparky I really appreciate it, I seem to be the only jna mom struggling lol, I am sterilising bottles in a batch of 6 then adding the boiled water letting it cool and storing it in fridge until needed (but no more than 24 hours) I then add the powder and warm it is this ok ?
adelepaul
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Jan mummies (and anyone else who is assisting) Very Happy Very Happy

Hope to be joining you in the not too distant future..........in the meantime I will check in every now and then to pick up some tips for when my time comes!!

Reading your thread has reminded me that I'm soooo close to the end prize now. I can't wait to be worrying about a whole new set of problems related to LO.............once I have survived pregnancy and labour!!

xx
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 pm 
Post subject:
adele it wont be long for you at all good luck sweetie Very Happy

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:46 am 
Post subject:
Yes Clare thats exactly right hun x

Deecee24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Well its day 3 and i've had to abandon all hope of breastfeeding as Mia is just far too hungry. My milk still hasn't come in and even when i was feeding her i don't think she was getting enough as she was getting hungry again 10 minutes after latching on and suckling for 30-40 minutes at a time. My nipples are sore to the touch and are scabbed. Yesterday i gave up and gave her formula. She takes 2oz every 3-4 hours and sleeps for about 3 hours with loads of awake time after about 7ish.

She's perfect and healthy and happy. I get loads of smiles and cuddles and noises too.

Me on the other hand am devastated that i can't breastfeed her. I soooo wanted to feed her but i'm trying hard to fix on the fact that i am doing what's best for Mia.

I think i've got a wee touch of postnatal depression too. i cry a lot!!!!! Crying or Very sad It feels harder this time and I'm really sore. My back, ribs, thighs, and tummy are really sore especially if i do more than 2 loads of washing and dishes.

Matt got annoyed at me last night saying i fuss too much and he wasn't happy that i wanted to change her into a sleepsuit before bed cause she'd had her outfit on all day and it was icked upon.

Does anyone else feel like this? I would like to know so that i can maybe mention it to the mw next time.

Sorry to bring the post down Sad

Dee
x
clare1980
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:28 am 
Post subject:
Deecee so sorry you are having a tough time but so happy for you mia is thriving I like you was so hung up on the fact I couldnt breast feed for the first 3 days I felt like a failure and that I had let my baby down but I realised soon that I was doing what was best for him and me and I had made my decision and I needed to stick by it and bne happy with it.

I did get a bit weepy the first few days but my Hubby has been wonderful and really looked after me again because I have been so ill he really had to which has helped, today is the first day I feel much better and slighlty human

I would definately mention it to your midwife though as although its totally normal to feel like this talking about it will; really help

Henry is doing wonderful he is taking 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours is awake for about an hour then sleeps for 2 hours on a night he feeds at midnight, 4 am and then around 9 am so we are so lucky at the moment touch wood he stays this good

I have really been struggling to get my head around the making up of bottle feeds so I found the World health organisation reccomendations on how to do it and although it tells you how to do it properly there is also a section on the way to do it if you need to make it in advance and basically it tells you to make it up as you would from fresh with water cooled to no more than 70 degrees and then let it cool on the side and refridgerate until needed but for no more than 24 hours - now Im more confused as I was going to store the cooled boiled water in the fridge and then make up but this is telling me to make the milk up and then put in fridge which is the way we used to do it - what do you think ? so sorry to keep harping on about it but Im really struggling with it lol

clare1980
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:29 am 
Post subject:
heres the link for the who guidelines its quite a big document but the relevant bit is on page 13 onwards

http://www.who.int/foodsafety/publications/micro/pif_guidelines.pdf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 1 of 60

Jump to:  

Community

Popular