January 2010 Mummies

Jem1983
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:40 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

Just found this thread so hopefully you won't mind me posting.

I haven't had chance to update my ticker yet but I had my little Oscar on 6 Jan. He is a little angel. Had a pretty traumatic birth as his heart rate kept dropping so had to have a forceps delivery so I'm still very sore and was in shock for the first couple of days. Labour and birth wasn't what I expected at all so cried alot the first few days after. My emotions seem better now though. It is just such a roller coaster!

I'm formula feeding Oscar as I just wasn't up to breast feeding after the birth. Feel a bit guilty about it now but he seems to be doing just fine. He weighed 7lb 12oz when he was born and when he was weighed on Sat he'd gone up to 8lb 1oz so he must be doing ok. He drinks between 3-4oz every 3-4 hours. We've also been using Infacol as he seems to get a bit of trapped wind at night which makes him upset it seems to be working.

With regards to making up bottles, in the day I make a fresh one every time, at night i take a flask to bed and just use the boiled water in the flask to make up feeds.

My hubby goes back to work on Weds which I'm dreading. Have arranged to go out for lunch with my neighbour and her little girl to hopefully cheer me up. At the min we're taking it in turns at night so that we both get some sleep but I know soon i'll have to do it all myself Sad

Hope everyone is doing well.

Jem x
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 am 
Post subject:
i was supposed to be a december mummy (she was due 25th of december!) but came 13 days late so im a january mummy now.

my wee girls awesome for the last 3 nights shes slept from 12am until 6/7am. during the day shes awake almost every 2 hours for a feed but i cant complain if she wants to sleep all night lol.
how is everyone getting on with breast feeding?(well those who are breast feeding)
i really struggled at first to the point i was in tears in the hospital because i was convinced she wasnt getting enough. but the midwifes convinced me that she wont be needing as much as a bottle fed baby and i needed a sleep so took her for a hour to settle her and i got some shut eye and we seem to have just clicked since !
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hello yummy mummies!

Just checking in on you to say hi and read up about your LO's. Getting some good tips for when my time comes..............due day is 11 days.............and counting!!

Give your LO's a kiss from me!

xx
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:27 pm 
Post subject:
Rhoo our babies have the same birthday Very Happy

Spinetingle and Jem so great to see and hear from you and glad your lo are doing well

It was my birthday today and my dh and henry took me out shopping and spoilt me rotten we also went for a meal tonight and my sister babysat we were only gone for one hour but I missed him terribly - Henry seems to be doing much better on infacol ( touch wood) the sickness has stopped and he is winding much better

My hubby is back to work tomorrow so Im going to be so lonely without him and im dreading tonight as really I should get up and do all the feeds but he says he can still do them but it doesnt seem fair but he functions much beter than me on little sleep lol so I will let you know how we get on - anyway he has just settled so we are going to try and get to bed Wink

Deecee24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Well after an absolutely terrible day yesterday as Mia decided to stay awake from about 11am despite being awake for hours during the night too on and off, She screamed nearly all day and wanted fed every half an hour. I ended up being the one in floods of tears and unable to even shower as she wanted to be near or on me all day. Matt had to hold me for ages till i calmed down and he didn't get in till about 9pm last night.

Last night was a great night for once. Mia slept from about 11pm till 4.30am then from about 5 till 7.45ish. Hopefully todays gonna be better but we'll just wait and see. I even got a proper sleep as i'm not too bad on 5 1/2 hours lol.

Breastfeeding is going well as she only has 1 bottle a day now and only takes about 2ozmax from it.

How is everyone else? Do you feel like me or are you coping ok? I feel like a rubbish mum it was so much easier last time.

Dee
x
spinetingle
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:11 am 
Post subject:
I'm not sure I'm coping with breastfeeding that well.

She goes through these periods where she will latch on - owwww, then she comes straight off again - so you have to latch her on - owwww then she comes off again and so on for sometimes an hour Crying or Very sad

This happened last night so I put on a sheild and when she came off it was full of blood Shocked Shocked

I know it's worth it and it will get easier but I am really starting to feel like it is ruining what should be a lovely and exciting time with my new family!
xx
Deecee24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:32 am 
Post subject:
I know how you feel tingle. Mia is such a hungry baby but it doesn't help that she constantly falls asleep. It can be very demanding on me if she wakes every 20 minutes or so to feed.

Sometimes she just never opens her mouth very far and it's hard to latch her on. When she is on it lasts for about 40 minutes a time.
clare1980
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
I also feel like a terrible mom, had a awful night last night we tried to go to bed at 11 pm but by 3 am we were all still up and poor hubby was having to get up at 6 for work Shocked hes been grouchy all day midwife thinks it is probably down to colic so went and brought some coleif to try with the infacol to see if it helps I feel really down and finding it hard to cope on a night especially as Im just so tired and I even think did we do the right thing having a baby and I feel like I want my old life back - but then on a day I feel much better and more able to cope and I dont think that anymore but feel guilty for thinking it on a night - does anyone else feel like this ?

Deecee24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:28 am 
Post subject:
Yeah clare i do feel like that sometimes especially when its been a rough night. Mia's now starting to settle down. She woke up every 2 hours last night so its not as bad as it has been. I also think she's starting to associate getting clean clothes, bum change and either bath or top&tail, then swaddled with bedtime. I try to have her in her cot by 10o'clock every night to try to get her used to it. Seems to work. As soon as she was swaddled she fell asleep 2 minutes later Very Happy

The whole emotional thing is getting better for me too as i'm getting a little more sleep. feel more able to cope. She's still deciding wether to wake up or not just now. I've left her up the stairs in her cot just now. Didn't want to disturb her.

I'm having my soffee while i can lol.

What's happening with your bleeding ladies? Mine stopped for about a day and a half. We had sex but it was very gentle. I'm now bleeding quite heavily again. Is it just blood from the birth or could it be my period? I have no idea about this as i bled for a good 3 weeks the last time. Sad

Hope you are all feeling ok today.

Dee
x
Jem1983
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies.

Clare I know exactly how you feel at night. Oscar doesn't seem to settle until about 1am or 2am which can be really frustrating. Last night I fed him, winded him, changed his nappy, gave him a cuddle and he still cried. In the end I put him in his moses basket and let him cry for a bit. After about 15 mins he went to sleep. I felt so bad just leaving him to cry and had a cry myself, but it seemed to work. Trying to get into more of a routine for bedtime. Tonight we are going to bath him, put clean clothes on then give him a feed then bed hopefully for 10pm.

My bleeding has got better. I'm still sore though but I did have an episiotomy and lots of stitches. Feels like im never going to heal!

Simon (my hubby) went back to work today. I'm doing ok so far, Oscar has been asleep pretty much all morning so it hasn't been too bad.

Lets hope we all get some restful nights soon. They seem to last forever at the min and I feel like im the only person awake, although I know this isn't true!

Take care everyone

Jem x
spinetingle
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
You're not the only one awake Jem - Keira came to bed with us at 10.30 last night - fed for 25 mins then it was a case of put down/cry/pick up/try to feed/sleep for 5 mins/put down/ cry/pick up etc and so on and so on till 2.20 when I gave up and gave her a bottle.

This morning the same thing at 5 till gave in again after 45 mins.

She has since fed for two 5 mins slots - this is starting to get riddiculous. She can't be getting anough to eat. Waiting for a midwife to come but am starting to get the feeling they have forgotten about us!

Anyone ever contacted a breastfeeding helpline or person? I think I need it!!!

dee - can't believe you had sex - you're mad Laughing My bleeding is a little bit like a light period now but still feel uncomfy down there so going nowhere near dh for a few more weeks I think
xx
clare1980
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:34 pm 
Post subject:
so glad you girls are feeling similar I felt like such a failure yesterday but feeling much better today, we put him in his own room last night he had a final feed at 12:30 and went down at 1 am till 5 :15 Shocked it was bliss lol hubby then got up with him and left me sleep he then slept from 6 am till 9:30 - I feel so lucky it was definately what I needed, my problem today is he seems to have a bit of a rash about 6 spots on his face, arms and legs that are a red mark with a tiny raised bump in the middle looks very simlar to if you have a bite off a midge or a nettle sting - he has also vomited both feed this morning but seems ok in his self - do you think I should call the dr or wait for the health visitor who is coming tomorrow morning, I heard that babies get 100's of rashes in their first year if life

amesy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Ladies Very Happy

Nice to see you all on here, not been on for a week or so as been so busy.

I too have had my blue days where i just cried cause i was convinced i was doing something wrong and something was going to happen to Leah but havent had one of those days for a few days so hopefully my hormones are settling down Very Happy

I started with breastfeeding until she was 5 days old, but i was so sore and she burst a blood vessel on my nipple and had my blood in her mouth which was awful and me and my oh freaked and have put her on a bottle and she seems happier and i am to i was getting myself in a state everytime i knew she was due for a feed as i knew it was going to hurt Sad She is now taking 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours Very Happy

Little bit worried today as she hasnt been for a poo since 4am yesterday so way over 24 hours now, but MW said to give her till this evening and she willc ome out if she still hasnt been, so i can feel the anxiety building up now panicing she is ok Sad

xxx
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
Ladies, i just want to reassure you that what you are all going through is completely normal. The breastfeeding problems, the lack of sleep, the baby blues...i was exactly the same. It DOES get a little easier as time goes on, i promise. Its lovely as your baby becomes more and more alert and you start to get smiles! Harry generaly sleeps for at least 3-4 hours at a time during the night, sometimes he's a bit grizzly but he can normally be settled with his dummy. He has really alert periods during the day now which is lovely, but i get nothing done! It's hard to leave him cry. but sometimes u just have to pee/eat/drink/answer phone etc. Try not to feel guilty. Harry normally self soothes after 10 mins. He now drinks4-5oz per feed, mostly formula but i am still expressing and doing some breastfeeding. Because i dont make much milk he gets very frustrated though and comes on and off constantly. Im happy to keep expressing but he's gradually losing interest in breastfeeding. It's so hard to know what to do isnt it, and the midwives put on so much pressure to breastfeed. I feel a lot of guilt that i never managed it exclusively, but Harry is still getting some breast milk everyday and he's growing and is happy and healthy. You have to do whats best for you. I must be doing something right, Harry did the BIGGEST poo ever earlier. It was everywhere. Nice! As for sex, well Dee, you are indeed insane lol. I havent yet but its due to having a c-section...my scar is too tender, i darent risk it! Fingers crossed, not too much longer though Wink I stopped bleeding a few days ago, but it was nearly 4 weeks of bleeding. Last couple of days its been a very thin discharge. I think i read that anything up to about 6 weeks is normal, but i might have made that up. Mine stopped and started quite a lot for a while, also normal.

Right, best stop rabbiting on. All the best girls xx

StaceyRD
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
So officially had my first funny five minutes today.
Isabelle is six days old, and an absolute dream, but I found myself in floods of tears over stupid things earlier.
Background story: My family live 2hrs away, I moved to be with my boyfriend. Am so close to my family, he isn't to his. My family were overjoyed at my pregnancy, his mum nearly broke me and the boyfriend up because she tried convincing him I'd fallen pregnant just to trap him, and didn't want me to keep the baby. She never asked about me during the pregnancy and rarely saw us, despite living 2miles away.
My mum came to stay for a week, a few days before I gave birth and left on Sunday.
Now Isabelle is here I'm feeling selfish. Boyfriend's mum has been over 3 times in the last six days, and even jumped in and took over when I was brushing her hair. I don't get told she's coming over until a bit before, so isn't like I can say yes or no to it being okay. She's also invited us for tea this weekend and boyfriend said yes without asking me.
So earlier when she left, I had my back to my boyfriend, and couldn't stop crying. I find it so unfair my family are less of a part of my daughters life so far than his mum is. I'm not ashamed to need my mum, and so wish they were closer so she could see and be at every moment. But how do I stop his family doing that? His sister always wants to cling too.
Finally broke when the boyfriend opened a huge bar of chocolate and didn't offer me any - how stupid!! So I picked Isabelle up in her moses basket and took her to the kitchen. 40minutes later the boyfriend came in, coo-ed over baby girl then asked what I was doing and was I okay. Then joked about getting postnatal depression!
I'm just focusing on my daughter now, so funny feelings have gone, but glad they aren't anything unusual. Purposely ignoring the boyfriend now though, and he hasn't asked me if I'm okay again, or spoken to me for a while. Shame to be alone at this time.
Sorry for the rant/ramble xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 3 of 60

Jump to:  

Community

Popular