How soon can I have sex after D&C and bleeding?

JimmyChoo17
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:32 pm 
Post subject: How soon can I have sex after D&C and bleeding?
How soon after D&C did you have sex and how was your bleeding/Spotting?
Hi

I had a missed miscarriage last week - I didnt have any red bleeding other than on the day of the op just "Grey Matter" during the following days...I had very light pinky/orange when wiping then about 3/4 days later i started getting browny (Old blood I suppose) watery stuff (Sorry TMI). Today I have not really had anything just very light brown bits once.

I wanted to know what peoples experience after a D&C were of bleeding and when you had sex again? I am not sure if I am safe to or not! Or whether you only need to worry with red blood or whether we are ok?

We were devastated but want to TTC straight away and it would be nice to know whether we can get back to BD-ing again and how others have got on.

Did anyone else have sex whilst having a smiliar bleed or old blood as the case might be? And also when did you start having sex afterwards? I know u can get infections but some people fall pregnant 2 weeks after a MC so there must be some flexibility??

Up until today I prob wouldn't have as I felt tender but feel ok in myself now and just want to get back to normal. Drs said we could TTC straight away but he hadnt mentioned bleeding and i had too much going round my head to ask.

Thanks in advance ladies.

(UK, Late 20s, after 1st miscarriage losing our little Angel at 9 weeks (7weeks stopped growing)
kerah1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
hey hun.. sorry you had to go through this... when i had my first miscarriage the doctor said i could start straight away as i didnt bleed very much but it really depends on you i think. I have just had my second miscarriage and I have an appointment for a scan this afternoon to see if the baby has now gone (10 weeks old), i was bleeding so much and the pain was what i can imagine giving birth is like but the question you are asking is the first question on my list for the doctor today, I will let you know what he says... in the meantime take care of yourself xx
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun sorry to hear bout your m/c an its good to hear your ready to start trying again but wen i had a d/c 4 months ago i was told to wait for at least 2 weeks until i could have sex or till my next period which ever came first, its to stop the risk of infection and they say not to use tampons for your next period either, hope i've been of some help and good luck wen for wen u can start trying again xxx
Baby bean at 4 weeks on 13/2/2012
Baby Paris at 6 weeks 5 days on 9/5/12
JimmyChoo17
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:13 pm 
Post subject:
Kerah - good luck with the scan today. Its an awful thing to go thru and u have had this twice. I dont know how u r coping xx

Would be lovely if u can share any info this afternoon.

I have heard such mixed things about starting trying again but it took a year for me to fall last time i simply cant bare thinking about having to wait that long and even then possibly gor thru this again. I havnt really bled an awful lot at all and also what i have seen is definitely old blood but i am not sure whether i want to start or not - I feel getting pregnant again will be the best way for us really.

Can I ask how old you both are? I am 28 and this was our first bubba

Kitty kat thats great to see you are pregnant again - there is hope! x Did your cycles get back quickly or were they mucked up after a D&C? x
Redwolf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Hun.....

Its been 3 weeks since my 2nd mc.... ive been told to wait to i get he all clear for TTCing once ive seen he consultant and he end of feb/march 2010 so it is probably more like April!!!

Im still bleeding and sooooo my hubby and I haven done the dead yet!!! Shocked
Driving me mad as im craving it Embarassed

But i was nearly 17 weeks and did give birth and hen was rushed to theatre xxxx

Hope u fall again soon, take care

KIrsten xxxx

Alisonmck
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I was told that we could have sex as soon as i'd stop bleeding (bled for 3 and half weeks after D&C). Though we were advised not to TTC until after my next period, they said to help my body recover and also to make it easier to date next pregnancy. So now just waiting for AF.... been nearly 6 weeks so hope it arrives soon.

Alison
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Girls - when you were bleeding after your D&C was it red blood or like having old blood?

Too much gross info I know but just wondering!! xx
kerah1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:14 am 
Post subject:
hi girls... well yesterday didnt go as well as expected really, first they told me the baby had gone and then 2 mns later they said there may be something still left although they cant see if it is just blood or the sac as they would both show as a black space on the scan. I was suppose to go on holiday on tuesday and they said i could go as long as if the pain and bleeding come back i have to go straight to the hospital but as the black space is only tiny they think i might be ok and it will pass quickly. I was so upset and frustrated it was a total nightmare, i just dont know what to think anymore! I did ask the doctor when i could ttc again and he said as soon as i wanted as i havent been bleeding for a while, the impression he gave me was as long as the bleeding is not heavy its fine to try but i think every doctor have their own opinion to be honest.
JimmyChoo17 - i'm 28 as well and this was our second baby, i know exactly how you feel and at the moment i find it very difficult to cope with it, doctor said they could arrange for me to talk to somebody but i cant even talk to my mum about it! after the first miscarriage it was a mixture of red and old blood, for this one it was mostly red and now its only been very light old blood. Hope this helps, you can pm me anytime you want, take care xx
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:03 am 
Post subject:
Sorry for you loss. I know how you feel, I went through two m/c last year. I didn't have much bleeding after my d&c. Only bled for three days but it was very light, like the start of ones period. I was told to wait two weeks before we bed and that we can start trying again after I had my first period.
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:54 am 
Post subject:
sorry you had to go through this sweetie... I hope that everything goes well for you and that you will be a mum soon. I've started bleeding again with some cramps but very light this time so it is either my periods or the end of the miscarriage (sorry if tmi). I hope all of you are coping ok, thinking of you. xx
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:17 am 
Post subject:
Hi....

My bleeding was very heavy and bright red with clots for 2 weeks and then calmed down for 10 days of light browny old blood.....ive not bled now for about 7 days and 3 of them this weekend have been ovulation cm......

Gutted as got to wait till my consultant appt in March before TTC again xxxx

Take care

Kirsten xxxx

Vaisigano
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:53 am 
Post subject:
My first baby & I had a misabortion Sad

I was told I couldn't have sex for 4 weeks
& if I wanted to try again I have to wait for 2 nor,al periods!

I don't really know what it means?
So I can have sex on four weeks or wait for my nor,al periods?
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:05 am 
Post subject:
Sorry about your missed miscarriage Sad Its hard.
According to what you wrote - you can have sex after 4 weeks (not baby making), but only try for a baby after 2 normal periods.
From the other posts, I would say you only need to wait for your first period and then you can start TTC again. That's also what the dr's told me when I had mine. Big hug. xxx

Israt
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:52 am 
Post subject: Misabotion
Hello,

I am Jahan 28 years old. i lost my baby & it was 20 wks baby. i didnt do long or regular journey. Always try to safe myself but didnt take my meal. I felt tasteless all the food.Boddy was too week but other all side ok. Everyday i went to my office, chatting with my clgs

Finaly the came i went from my office at 6 p.m & i was felling little pain.It was not serious thats why i try to keep stable myself & try to seep.My husband do the household work. After 3 hours i saw one piece of blood & i was crying that what is happening. My husband told me dont worry please go to hospital & take advise from my doctor.doctor ultrasonogramed me & told me that there is no heardbeat in ur baby. I said what? still i feel my babys movement what you are saying its no 20 weeks but my doctor told me its 15 weeks.And thereis no heartbeat & grown in ur baby. I just crying .it is now 2 weeks running after my D&c.

Please pray for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular