Post subject: Anyone still awake??
Insomnia hits again =]

MyModernDoula
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:37 pm 
Post subject:
meeeeeeeeee Laughing
i know what you mean.
on my last pregnancy i couldn't sleep either, and i couldn't sit down either, so i spent my nights cleaning Confused
At the moment i'm just catching up on some time on my own. Cool

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:46 pm 
Post subject:
I dont have the energy to clean =s

Just watching outbreak on sky, what a rubbish movie =s

I love the name Yara btw =] Similar to Kara

x

MyModernDoula
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:48 pm 
Post subject:
I saw the name Yara on a magazine when i was about 5 months pregnant, and i thought wow, i have never heard Yara before, i looked at my husband and said Yara it is Laughing
With my second we couldn't decide, so i just made a list of the one's that i liked and told him to choose.
Have you picked a name yet?

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:53 pm 
Post subject:
Yep Ava Hope Amelia Adams

Ava cause I thought it was cute, Hope cause she managed to survive when I miscarried her twin at 16 weeks and cause it took me so long to conceive and Amelia for my little sis. My little sis is also having a baby and is calling her Elizabeth Laura May =]

I picked Kara Anna Louise for several reasons. I picked Zac and Kara cause they were two of the kids of me and my dh's fav tv couple who are also called will and laura. Anna is my older sis and Louise is my best mate. Nathaniel is Will's brother and William after his dad =]

Planning for anymore?

x

MyModernDoula
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:58 pm 
Post subject:
I am sorry to hear that you lost one twin.
It's not very commun to have 2 sets of twins Smile
Well...deep down i do want one more, but not for the moment, my girls are still too young and they need a lot of atention. I am still young, so maybe in 5/6 years time, but my husband doesn't want anymore, but i'm sure that i can change his mind.

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:05 am 
Post subject:
I wanted to have my kids, I want five =], over about 10 years, but it took me about eight years to get pregnant so am going to have to have them closer together to make sure im not a 50 year old mum lol thinking of trying to get pregnant bout 6 months after Ava is born.

Me and my sisters are mostly close in age, my older sis Anna is 36, im 34, Maggie is 30 and Tina is 29. Then theres my youngest sis Mia whose only 18, until she got pregnant we werent close me and Mia,i dnt wnt me kids to be too far apart but I alsoways got on well with my other three sisters.

At the mo im a house wife and stay ay home mum so can give them attention, orib going to be till my last baby is about four.

Do you take your kids to day care?

x

MyModernDoula
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:11 am 
Post subject:
My first girl wasn't planned, but we were really happy, when she was nearly 1 we started to plan Melanie, it took me 3 months to get pregnant, i just wanted them closer together, because i just think it's easier.
I am only 23 years old, and i was a hairdresser before i first got pregnant, but i haven't worked as a hairdresser since they were born, i am now a Doula, which i really enjoy and i can work around my husbands hours.
He gets home at about 3PM, so i can work from there and weekends, but i plan to do a midwifery course when my girls are older.

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:14 am 
Post subject:
Sounds fun =] I always wnated to be a midwife when I was younger cause I love babies.

I was a teacher at a private girls school teaching law, politics and economics but havent found a new job since I moved so will prob just stay home with my babies for a bit =]

My hubby, until a few months ago, was with the intelligence in the RAF so he was gone loads, thats why I got a manny cause he was gone for first few months when twins were born and I needed the help. Its a big advantage having him home now =]

Whtas your husband do?

x

MyModernDoula
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:20 am 
Post subject:
I think the best thing for you at the moment is to stay at home and enjoy your babies, be the first to see every milestone, and be like me go running to write it down on their baby book Very Happy
My husband works as a security guard in Imperial College.
We live in Picadilly Confused , it's really noisy.
Why did you move to Dublin? Where were you living in London?

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:23 am 
Post subject:
I am an obbsessive baby booker =]

I love Picadilly. I used to live in fulham, moved around all over the uk and lived in kensington for the last 6 years. We went to dublin when we were newlyweds and I fell in love with the plce, always wanted to move back there and my hubby thoght it was a good time when the kids were little, he had just retired early and I had quit my job

I love it!

x

MyModernDoula
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:28 am 
Post subject:
I had a client the other day, she lived in Parson'r Green, very close to Fulham.
It's a shame you don't live in London Sad , we could meet up. I have never been to Dublin but i have seen pictures, it looks beautiful.
I am originally from Portugal, but i have been in London all my life, but i plan to go back for good one day. I went in June for 2 weeks and i just boght my ticket to go back for christmas for 1 month Razz

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:32 am 
Post subject:
We only just moved a month ago so before that you could have caught me lol

I do miss London but I do love Dublin, the scenery and eveyrthing, we live in quite a quiet bit and compared to London it is so much more peaceful and plus the people are really friendly =]

Will is orgionally Canadian but his mother is sweedish, I'd love to go to sweeden with my babies =]

Where in protugal did you come from?

x

MyModernDoula
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:38 am 
Post subject:
From Lisbon, the weather there right now is boiling, i live close to the beach, and Yara loves it there, she keeps asking me about people there bless.
So have you found yourself a nice midwife there? I hope the NHS there is better than here. Confused

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:41 am 
Post subject:
Ive been there, remember the sun =]

Im with bupa, i really like my new m/w, much nicer than my old one, more mumsy and makes me feel better when im worried about something.

Just getting impaitent now, only a month to go =]

x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular