what do yyou think to...

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:49 pm 
Post subject: what do yyou think to...
what do you think about other people comparing your babies to your step kids, my mil on sunday said that andrew was a lot like my step son looks wise and it really upset me purely because my step son looks the spitting image of his grandma on his mums side so nothing to do with my family, its not the first time shes compared andrew to him either, she also keeps saying that his mentalilty is a lot like my ss's in that andrew runs around until he cant anymore and is into everything, i know thats just how little boys are but i would be gutted if my little man turned out like my step son,

xx
Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
hello wriggler...

obviosly i don't have babies with my oh (yet!!!!) but i think knowing how little things bug me where my step sons are concerned i don't think i would be impressed should I be in your shoes... its true what you say a lot of boys and girls do things just cause thats what toddlers do when they are finding there personality - like parents and children they pick up our expresions and manerisims just cause they are round us all the time not cause they are genetically like us....if that makes sense???!!

Is your mil very old??? - its just mine is,and she is always saying stuff withour thinking!! ....... i'm not making excuses for her - your children are yours and you dh in your own right, she should say nothing rather than risk saying something that will upset you! maybe she said it because she thinks of your s. kiddies not as your s children but as yours and your hubbies??

Do you usually get on well with your mil??
Failing all that a nice glass of wine always calms my nerves!!!
xx
wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
lol shes not really that old i think shes about 60ish.

i dont know why she says it, we normally get along fine and i think she just doesnt think it will offend or anything but it really did pee me off. if anyone andrew looks like my dad and my ss looks like i said the spitting image of his granny (his grandad looks like harold bishop off neighbours!! Laughing )

i think it just upset me more because i dont want andrew to turn out like my ss hes really spoilt.

blech not really a wine girl, beer thoguh now we're talking! Very Happy

andrew is turning into a nightmare at the mo though soooo defiant!! Laughing although hes just built a tower of 4 bricks! go andrew! Very Happy
shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
I personally think my little girl looks a lot like her Half Brother, which is good coz he looks like his Dad, others say they can see her Half Sister in her, but i dont mind to much as more than once they have both be confused as being my children and been told how much she look like me, and i have had to put people right, Laughing
But then if you look at pictures of me at my babys age she is the double of me, i think babys just look like everyone,
Stars x

Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 pm 
Post subject:
wriggler... sounds like Andrew is just what a little boy should be like!

no you mil is not that old at all! - she should know better!! - your andrew will not turn out like you ss - because you won't let him!!!

my oh has an older son who is in his 20's and he looks like my youngest ss - whereas my older step son looks like his mum (sorry mate!!) but is very much his dad's personality. my mil still calls me oh's ex wifes name! though she made a big point a few years ago of telling me how much she didn't like her!! God knows what goes on in these peoples heads!!

mines a lager and lime! cheers lol Wink
SusanandLibby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
I don't really mind, my mum has said a couple of times that she can see Libby in my step daughter, but then again she does look alot like my hubby, I probably would be p1ssed off if she looked just like her mother xx

xDebsx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:44 pm 
Post subject:
Tbh hun yeah it would annoy me but I think it's always the case that your family will always see the kids like you and the inlaws will always see them like their dads (or dads side). Mine are are exactly the same - its like some sort of competition on who Thomas looks like. Personally I think he is a real mix of the two of us but more often than not he is like me. OH is always saying he looks like his daughter as a baby - but he doesn't. What made me laugh most though was when we went round to his ex's, his daughter got the baby album of herself out and OH was saying Thomas looked like his daughter in one and his ex turned round and said "no she doesn't!" lmao - he doesn't look like his half sister coz she is the spit of her mumand he looks more like me Rolling Eyes

xx

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:28 am 
Post subject:
thanks girls its nice to know im not being totally silly about this Very Happy

xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Step Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular