scotlandmum1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm 
Post subject: induction at 38weeks
hi,
wondering if anyone can help me out!!
I am nearing the end of my second pregnancy and am due for another induction @38weeks on the 19th dec. Last time i had quite a stressful birth and am apprehensive about having another induction. The worst part last time was the prostaglandin tablets they used they made me really sore and gave me painful contractions for two days without even making a difference to my cervix!! Then i was put on an oxytocin drip and sufferd hudge back to back contraction until finally geting an epidural. Am i able to be induced with only the drip? the two days contractions with no sleep with almighty contrations at the other side really affected my ability 2stay in control of my labour and how early can i have my eidural...my thoughts are if the babys def coming and i want an epidural why suffer???? Thanks xxx
[/i]
nurse2b
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:44 am 
Post subject: Hi
I am sorry that you went through such a hard induction. Is it medically indicated for you to be induced this time? I have worked in labor & delivery for 5 years, and prior to that I worked in an Obstetrician's office. There are several methods that you can use to help "prepare" your body for labor that may make things a lot easier this time around. On my website you will find a link called "helping mother nature along" under the "week 40" link, I think that may be able to help you. You also have many choices when it comes to labor induction. You can specify what you want- that is your right! Have you thought about creating a birth plan? Take a look at the "printable birth plan", it takes you through your options when it comes to induction.
I hope this helps... I also run a Q&A forum, the link is on my site- you might find it helpful.
Good luck!
~J
http://ultimatebirthplan.googlepages.com/
scotlandmum1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:11 am 
Post subject: thanks
Thank you! Hes a bit on the big side and my partners in the navy so an induction is thought best all round!
Last time i was induced at 42weeks had midwife from hell....was told i DIDNT neen an epidural as she had 3children herself and there was no need!!!! I was however really quite young cant believe i stood for the standard of care i recieved when i look back. luckily going to a different hospital this time and have been on a visit was promised that there is no1 like that there....although the midwife who showed me around did say...'you might not need an epidural or have time for1' which i know isnt true unless it all goes as fast as light because im sure you know yourself with an induction they really control the pace. thanks for your help!! only12days of nervousness left:) xxxx
rngrad2b
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:09 am 
Post subject: 12 days to go...
I am glad that you will be able to have a different experience this time... I am hoping that you get the incredible birth experience that you deserve. I don't recall if i mentioned it, but I just started my first web site where you can print a free birth plan. The "misconception" that many women have regarding a birth plan, is that it is simply a "set of orders", and that if everything does not go as planned, they will be devastated!

My goal when I constructed this birth plan was to educate mom's about the choices they have, as just within the past decade the birthing options/facilities have changed drastically.

I hope that you will find this helpful!
~J
http://ultimatebirthplan.googlepages.com/
aanthony
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:47 am 
Post subject: Re: induction at 38weeks
scotlandmum1 wrote:
hi,
wondering if anyone can help me out!!
I am nearing the end of my second pregnancy and am due for another induction @38weeks on the 19th dec. Last time i had quite a stressful birth and am apprehensive about having another induction. The worst part last time was the prostaglandin tablets they used they made me really sore and gave me painful contractions for two days without even making a difference to my cervix!! Then i was put on an oxytocin drip and sufferd hudge back to back contraction until finally geting an epidural. Am i able to be induced with only the drip? the two days contractions with no sleep with almighty contrations at the other side really affected my ability 2stay in control of my labour and how early can i have my eidural...my thoughts are if the babys def coming and i want an epidural why suffer???? Thanks xxx
[/i]

Hi Everyone,
I have heard that in order to make the baby come out a little faster without all the medication you can use Castor Oil. This method of induced child birth is being used the most these days.
Ask this to your doctors'

All the Best
Love
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular