Any October Mummies Out There.....

Cheryl35
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:35 am 
Post subject:
I dont suppose anyone has invested in a double breast pump by any chance and has feedback?
xx
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies.
How are we all?
I rushed Jake to the doctors yesterday, hes had this cold for over a week but was lying in his cot yesterday and started choking! yanked him out of his cot and took a good few slaps to stop it, was scary and it happened another 2 times afterwards! then he couldnt breathe whilst drinking his milk bless him. Anyway doc said other than the nasal drops there isnt anything else, just keep an eye on him. Checked him over and it hasnt gone to his chest and temp is fine, phew! he gave me a right old fright! He is still snuffly and unsettled today, hopefully he will be better soon.
Suse- hopefully you wont be waiting too much longer!

Xem- glad Hollie is feeding better.

Dotty- Jake slept from 10:30 until 3.45! chuffed lol then slept til 6.45 then 8.30! 3-4 hours is great Smile

Hope everyone else is doing ok xxx

suse09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:28 am 
Post subject:
aww sorry to hear you little mans still poorly louise bless him he looks angelic on the photo.

think i asked this last week but cant find where i wrote it, just wondering if its worth gettin a breast pump to express as il defo want to express at some point but am only planning on BF for about 6 weeks, will i be able to get suffient amount out just using my hand or is it hard?

well im still here got woke up with sharp crampy pains across whole bottom of bump lasted about a minute, but havent had another one.

my midwife was supposed to ring me yesterday at the latest to book my in for another sweep and to get my BP done especially after bein in day assessment other day and ive heard nothing and shes not at our surgery to contact, do you think i ought to ring day assessment back cos i know her only day in the surgery is tomorrow and i dont wanna miss out on gettin another sweep if i can help it...not sure what to do??

xxxx

Beverley30
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:18 am 
Post subject:
OMG Louise, how scarey that must have been, poor little Jake, really hope he starts to get better soon. xx

Suse, glad you have a date for induction now, something to aim for, I think you will pop on Saturday xx and have a nice 8lb 5 bouncy boy xx (am always wrong)

We had a very good night last night after a bad night the one before, def no routine going on here although I am trying to stick to one with him, bath and bed by 9pm etc....last night he went down at 8pm woke at midnight and 5.30 am and went back til 7.30am so I feel like I have had a lie in!! he actually settles right ...away after a feed now, as we have started giving him colic drops as the gripe pains started a few days ago, but seems to be working well, he even "self burps!"
Going to catch up with a girl I made friends with today, we were both induced together and our babies were born a few hrs apart so be nice to see how she is doing etc.
Hv is due out tomorrow morning for measurements and weight check etc, he was 9lb 14 on monday as I forgot she was coming so took him to clinic to be weighed, reckon he gunna be over 10lb now!! 6wks and 2 days old...so not bad at all, he is following the 25th centile at the moment xxxx

Laurbb
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
hi all. hope you're all well. unfortunately im still pregnant! lol. had a sweep done a couple of hours ago. any stories good or bad to share with me? im hoping it works for me. im 2cm dilated so fingers crossed. if not im being induced on monday so the end is in sight Smile

Vikki140
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Ladies,

Got a question about powdered formula. I have no idea how to mix it!!! We have been using ready made so far along with my expressed milk but its geting expensive and he seems to be drinking alot more now.
I know you boil the kettle but then do u mix it straight away with the powder then leave it to cool down or leave it to cool down before mixing it? Confused Confused Confused
Can u mix it and then keep it in the fridge???

Sorry i sound so dumb!!

Also... Has anyone else bought an electric breast pump? I treated myself to one and now wish i hadnt! Its rubbish! I can get 40z out of my manual one and im lucky if i get 1oz out of my electric one!! Well gutted Sad

xx
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies,

Vikki, you boil the kettle then you can either pour the water in the bottles and leave them cool for 15-30 mins or leave in kettle to cool then pour them, either is fine, i usually pour into the bottles then leave them cool, that way they cool quicker and also the kettle is free to be used for a nice cup of tea :-0 once cooled you then had the required amount of formula. According to guidlines you are meant to make up feeds fresh as and when you need them but i do it the naughty way and make them up in advance, leave them cool then pop them in the fridge, warming them in a jug of water when needed. Hope this is some help to you Smile

Bev- wow 8pm until 5.30, thats amazing!!! Jake is much better now thankyou Smile he went in his cot awake at 10.30 after his feed and slept until 3.30 then 7.00 then 8.30! Brill!!! we have also started bathing him in the night now.

Suse- cant believe still nothings happened, fingers crossed you wont be much longer!

Hope everyone else is good xxx

suse09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
laura - i had sweep 2 days ago, didnt hurt n she said i was 2 cm, but nothings happened since. she promised she would ring me and book me in for another one for tomorrow but shes not rang and i cant get hold of her until its actually tomorrow by which time theres virtually no chance at all of me getting an appointment Sad so annoyed.

have you been booked in for induction ? keep us updated! XXX all the best i know exactly how you feel im acsolutly fed up tonight. got back ache to the max, my hands numb with carpel tunnel, i cant sleep properly cos my hips go numb then i cant turn over without it being a mammoth task, and cant get up without feeling like im a 90 year old with terrible arthuritus in my entire pelvis, cant walk cos it gives me stabbing pains down below and makes me feel sick, the list just goes on and on and on Rolling Eyes
SORRY!!!! for the massive moan but im seriously uncomfy and peed off with the midwife for letting me down at this most crucial of times.

xxxxxxxx

Laurbb
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
ahhh i had it done and she said the same to me. im 2cm dilated! we're in exactly the same boat lol. booked for an induction on monday so i wont be able to have another sweep b4 then! just hope it works. only had mild cramps since i had the sweep, is that normal? ah my hips are the same! they go numb when i lie on one side so i have to heave myself to lie on the other side and then repeat for the rest of the night! getting ever so fed up Sad ive had mild carpal tunnel as well. have u booked an induction?>

Paradise
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies

hope Suse and Laur dont have long now....I can sympathise with the hip pain...it was so painful in the end but it goes away once LO's are here....along with the heartburn and all the other nasty stuff.

I feel like im almost recovered from my section. wound fine and managin to get out and about a bit more now. Hows everyone else feeling?

Sophie has colic we think, just sent out OH to get some infacol as she wont settle for long then suddenly has a sudden outburst where she goes bright red and screams the house down. Hope the infacol will help or else i dont know what to do to help her. Sad Shes not even 3 weeks old yet....feel so sorry for her.

Anyway i can hear her stirring again so i better go......

Laura

sending labour dust to Suse and Laur xx
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies!

Suse and Laura - sorry you are both feeling so uncomfortable. Hopefully it won't be too much longer now you've both had the sweep.

Well, Andrew is now 5 weeks and 4 days and weighing in at a whopping 10lbs 6oz!! He's a porker! lol. He takes 5 oz in his bottle and has 6 bottles within 24hrs! He is sleeping quite well - last night he was fed at 7.30, 12, 4am and then up at 8:30am! Each time he had his bottle he went straight back to sleep afterwards so quite pleased and hoping it will last!

He has been quite grumpy in the afternoons and been bothered with wind - have been using infacol before each bottle and it seems to be helping a bit. We noticed yesterday that is belly button was really sticking out and got worse when he was crying - spoke to HV about it and she said it might be an umbilical hernia? Has anyone heard of this before? She said it might sort itself out but that I should show the GP next tuesday at our 6week check up and see what he says.

Hope everyone else's LOs are behaving and all October mummies are well too.

Gail xx
xemplus2x
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Smile suse & Laur argh wish your Los hurry up!!! I'm getting impatient now grr really hope you both go now before/ over wkend.

Vikki, yeah can do either way, I use to make them all up in morn & then put in drive & heat up in jot water when needed when she older wad really naughty I microwaved them. If I was going out or away you can get little tubs tommy tippy do them but seen wilkos do their own, little tubs with carpartments. You Putin each feed and empty each one (not explaining well but if you see you'l know what I mean) so if you do one feed bigger you can & don't have to measure powder out already done. Just bring boiled water in bottles.

Louise & cheryl sorry can't help with pimps, iv just got a single manual one, I don't get much off though. Can't say iv seen double ones, feel like a milking Parlor hehe

Gail sorry I don't know about hernia either hope he's ok.
Paradise argh colic! Infocoil is amazing!!! & gripe water think they can take from month old mind. Lillie had it awful same time everynight! Does go don't worry!

Well my hospital have well & truely f up! Iv said before they have no records of lillies birth been lost, well Hollie hadn't been born either! Mw cant get a nhs no for her as she's not on computer no details, Havnt seen a hv at all so I rang up, worried as hadn't been weighed & she's 2weeks tomo! Hv came out tonight after she finished work bless her, same one as I have for lillie & she said there is no record of Hollie no paper work!! What a joke! So if I hadn't rung... Good job nothing wrong with us!
On a hood note she's put on 1/2oz she was happy with it, so doing something right lol

I forgot to ask the hv, but anyone know... Hollie just grunts all the time, argh even in her sleep soooo annoying! Never heard anything like it, is it normal??? Lol

Hope everyones ok Smile love to all & labour dust to suse& Laura.

xemplus2x
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:36 am 
Post subject:
Hello Smile suse & Laur argh wish your Los hurry up!!! I'm getting impatient now grr really hope you both go now before/ over wkend.

Vikki, yeah can do either way, I use to make them all up in morn & then put in drive & heat up in jot water when needed when she older wad really naughty I microwaved them. If I was going out or away you can get little tubs tommy tippy do them but seen wilkos do their own, little tubs with carpartments. You Putin each feed and empty each one (not explaining well but if you see you'l know what I mean) so if you do one feed bigger you can & don't have to measure powder out already done. Just bring boiled water in bottles.

Louise & cheryl sorry can't help with pimps, iv just got a single manual one, I don't get much off though. Can't say iv seen double ones, feel like a milking Parlor hehe

Gail sorry I don't know about hernia either hope he's ok.
Paradise argh colic! Infocoil is amazing!!! & gripe water think they can take from month old mind. Lillie had it awful same time everynight! Does go don't worry!

Well my hospital have well & truely f up! Iv said before they have no records of lillies birth been lost, well Hollie hadn't been born either! Mw cant get a nhs no for her as she's not on computer no details, Havnt seen a hv at all so I rang up, worried as hadn't been weighed & she's 2weeks tomo! Hv came out tonight after she finished work bless her, same one as I have for lillie & she said there is no record of Hollie no paper work!! What a joke! So if I hadn't rung... Good job nothing wrong with us!
On a hood note she's put on 1/2oz she was happy with it, so doing something right lol

I forgot to ask the hv, but anyone know... Hollie just grunts all the time, argh even in her sleep soooo annoying! Never heard anything like it, is it normal??? Lol

Hope everyones ok Smile love to all & labour dust to suse& Laura.[[/b]

suse09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:38 am 
Post subject:
laura - im booked in monday as well! i had mild cramps the day i had the sweep then nothing after that. i dunno if to bother ringin her today or to just wait and get induced monday if nothing.

i woke up really wet this morning, not wet enough to soak through the bath towel i have on the bed lol but wet enough for it to run down my legs when i stood up, just clear and it came with a gush but id say there was probably only like maybe an egg cup or so full, couldnt really place the smell it was just slight, not sure what it was, sort of similar to the normal gush ive been gettin in a morning but more, is it possible for waters to just gradually go? ive been gettin these gushes for bout 3 or 4 days now maybe 3 times a day. sort of dont wanna ring about them cos MW told me off other day for not ringing when i felt dizzy and dont wanna tell her ive been havin it for days and not said anything but i hate makin a fuss... what dya thinik?

woke up this morning and had a slice of cake for breakfast lol...oh well not much longer before il be dyin to get back in my jeans so might as well take advantage.

em what a nightmare at the hospital!!!!! jesus, they sound as bad as ours, youve had a nightamre all the way through with them havent you, totally incompetant. bless hollie grunting, cant believe how cute she is, love your facebook pic of her xxx

keep updated ~Laura, fxd we both go before monday xxx

Beverley30
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:43 am 
Post subject:
Morning,

Just a quickie will post more later once Jack has been seen by HV etc...

Suse, get it checked NOW!! lol call MW or your antinatal day assesment unit if you have one, they can check if it is your waters and they wont let you go any longer esp if you been leaking for a few days they will probally have you in and induced pretty much straight away, try laying down for 30 mins, then get up and if you trickle then its probally def your waters, could be your hind waters and they can trickle as baby's had is acting like a plug, so when you lie down the water can come out so you will notice any leaks when you stand back up.
Other than that it could be baby pushing on your baldder but if waters have gone you need to get checked out as it can lead to infection xxx good luck xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190  Next
Page 187 of 190

Jump to:  

Community

Popular