Any October Mummies Out There.....

Moonstar
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:42 pm 
Post subject:
Em Jack Makes some wierd grunting noises in the night too., Just done another 1 then., sure he can read my mind., I have to give Jack 2 lots of Infacol, the HV told me too because he was a bigger baby., so why not try to give Hollie a little more.,

Cant believe I have managed to get on here twice today without Jack Crying. Lol:-))

Hopefully then Suse had had her LO by now then and Laura is well on her way too xx

Thinking of you Both, Not much longer now then xx
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:39 pm 
Post subject:
Afternoon Ladies,

I am still managing a nocturnal monkey but she's awake for longer during the day. She's a big girl so feeding every 3 hours sometimes every 2 but don't mind as the more she feeds in the day the less she feeds at night, well that's the theory anyway!

Had midwife and HV round at the same time today. The student midwife was stripping Katie to weigh her and Sophie was trying to stop her. First she just objected to the woman picking her up and then when she started taking her sleep suit off sh started shouting "No Jamas on, jamas on!" was so sweet to see her defending her like that!

It turns out that now at 2 weeks old Katie is a wapping 11lb 3oz! Very proud of myself and Katie as she's 100% breast fed.

So nice to here everyone's little ones are getting on so well. Katie grunts in the night as well. She breaths loudly and grunts when she's going to sleep and this can happen for 20 to 30 mins at a time! Then she she snuffles and grunts in her sleep as well! She's prob getting the most sleep out of anyone in our house at the minute.

Really hope Suse and Laura have delivered by the end of the day! Good luck girls thinking of you!

Love to all

XXX

xemplus2x
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh think use had her little boy Smile jut see. Msg on fb! Congrats Hun welcome to the yummy mummy club (mind not o yummy at the mo with black circles around my eyes as my mum likes to remind me how tired I look! Thank mum lol)

Hope all went well!! Laura hope alls going well wiu you &got your lo in your arms also!!!

X x x

LouiseP84
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,
Omg what a day!!! jake has screamed most of the day, its been mad! He has just wanted to eat all day. Just wondering if anyones ever used the hungrier baby milk? HV warmed against it but i really dont think the milk is filling him anymore. Have moved him up to 5 ounces now but its not making much difference. Any advice welcome on this issue! lol

Suse- congrats, about bloody time lol hope you and the LO are doing ok xxx

Moonstar- Jake was 10lb 10 today! lol what a whopper!

He is still quite unsettled between feeds but still doing ok in the nights, only wakes once to be fed and goes straite back to sleep. Hope all of you who have LO's with days and nights back to front are coping, it does get easier! Hang on in there Smile

xxxx

xemplus2x
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
Louise I woul hold off on the hungry baby mill for a little while as there's nowhere to go from there when he's older as ea still young (mind I could be wrong) with Lil I webt hungry baby milk then had to go on rice early at 10 weeks.whe they say they Gould be 4or 5minths old.

I would carry on as you are for now may be with extra feeds? He coul just be going through a growth spurt, will wear off. But if that all fails and still hungry then I prob would try the hungrier milk Smile but that's what I'd do... Don't know if right lol x x x

Vikki140
Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
OMG Just had Spencer weighed! he is 11lb 11oz an only 3 WEEKS OLD!!!! what a porker!!!

xx
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:13 am 
Post subject:
Hey Girls, not sure if everyone is on Face book but we have set up a October Mummies group on there as its easier to access for some of us, if your interested in joining add me on Facebook.

Beverley Evans was Fearnley

We have, Teresa, Vikki, Suse, Gail, Laura, Sam, Emma, Louise, Angela, Cheryl and Sarah already joined.

xxxxx

suse09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:09 am 
Post subject:
hiya! well finally had my LO on monday at 11.49am after a horrible labour, i pushed for nearly 12 hours before they finally gave me a full spinal block and had forceps delivery, he had got stuck i n my pelvis managed to turn himself back to back and part sideways sometime at the beginning, and the midwifes were tellin me for 6 hours that they could see his head before i demanded a second opinion, after which it took them 2 hours to arrange to trasnfer me to the main labour ward rather than midwwife led, where the doctor told me his head was down but not even out of my cervix due to his position then i had another 3 and half hour wait to get me into theater. the first epidural didnt work and i couldnt control the pushing and stop myself. was born by forceps, had a cut but only 3 stiches so not bad but its sickeningly sore now and swollen. 15 people watched him being born, so i officially have 0 dignity left after that lol! now worried sick ive done some damage as i havent been to the toilet for anythin other than a wee since sunday even tho feel like i wanna but the midwife says she doesnt think so its probably just constipated and to take lactulose for a few days and see how it goes, did anyone else have this? im feeling quite emotional burst into tears every timei think about the labour but im hoping its just a mixture of milk comin in etc and it will pass.

on the up side, my LO is absolutly gorgeous, he looks the spitting image of me, hes an absolute angel, though doesnt know night from day at all he sleeps all the time in the day and feeds every 2 hours at night but hes so beautiful it doesnt matter. feeding really well, my boobs are gettin sore now but its ok after the first few sucks he latches on really well, and milks comin intoday i think boobs are massive and hard, think im gunna stick with the BF'in so does anyone have an recommendations for agood breast pump, prob a manual one as cant afford an electric one?

its taken me till today to feel well enogh to even pick to laptop up and thats something for me lol im normall never off it.

hope lauras had her LO and vikki so beautiful!!! well done xxx

Cheryl35
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Suse on your gorgeous boy!!!
Sorry you had such a hard labour.

xxx
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
Suse- Sorry you had such a rough time at the birth. In a week or two the memory will have faded. I am stunned by how quickly the memories of the birth of Sophie and Katie faded! We must have evolved that way or no one would have more than 2!

Your little man is gorgeous! You're not the only one with a nocturnal baby either, think we're all either in that boat or just getting out of it!

Laura- hope you and little one are getting on well!

xemplus2x
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
Ahhh suse I just wrote on your wall saying I want to hear about it lol!
Did you go on your own in the end? No induction? I'm surprised they let you push tahr long. Bless you sounds like you did have a rough time. You did so well though, no way I could push for that long!! 10/20mins was enough for me!! As for stitches don't worry They'l heal in no time. You putting anything on them? Arnica in the bath is ment to be this helps with swolleness also. I'm sure alls working down there, takes a while. I can say only now 3weeka iv got 'control' back and been doing my pelvic floor constantly, and going for a no2 (sorry tmi) is quite uncomfortable pulls my stitches. But does get better hang in in there.
With Angela on the labour tho, I put money in next week you won't remember the pain, brain is very cleaver! I said no more after Hollie as found this time painful but already iv forgotten it all :0) All worth it hey, he is georgeous!! Must be so proud.

Laura hope alls ok with you!! X x x

suse09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
thanks, also i wanted to ask, he only seems to be having one or two poos and one or two wees a day, hes still passing meconium is this normal to be still passing this at 3 days? when should his normal poo come in? xxx

xemplus2x
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:13 am 
Post subject:
Once your milks in I think, it will change. Hollie was a good 3 or 4 days I think Smile x x

KarmaViolet
Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
Yup... up until milk comes in they say you should get the same number of nappies as age in days - so 1 on day 1, 2 day 2 etc... so it sounds like he's doing fine!! And yes, meconium kept up until milk came in too...

I've got the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature pump, and not had any problems with it at all... seems easy enough to use and does the job for me!

Isobel Grace
28/09/10 7lb 10.5oz
Laurbb
Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am 
Post subject:
yay suse! congrats! finally ay Smile sorry to hear you had an awful labour. mine wasnt too nice either Sad i was induced on the monday, had the pessary put in at half 10. waited around in a ward all day with the oh, started getting contractions about 8pm. he had to go at 9 so i said id call if anything happened! woulda been nice to let him stay tho. anyway i woke up at 5 am and went to the loo. my pessary fell out and i thought oh greatttt now ill never have this baby! so i went to reception and told the mw and she told me to go back to my bed and she'd come examine me. anyway i went back to my bed and my waters went everywhereeeee. i rang my mum and my oh about half 6ish and they rushed down. i was taken to delivery suite at 7am. i was on gas and air and had a diamorphine injection whilst in labour, and spent most of the day bouncing on a big bouncy ball haha. they put me on a hormone drip cos i wasnt getting any further than 4cm dilated. then at half 7 that evening (15 hours in labour!) they said the babys shoulders were stuck and i had to have a c section. by this time i was exhausted and relieved that i was going to be numb from the belly down! and i had paige at 7.43pm on tuesday 9th nov Smile she is so beautiful xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 188, 189, 190  Next
Page 189 of 190

Jump to:  

Community

Popular