20 week scan - so worried

NervousNellie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:23 am 
Post subject: 20 week scan - so worried
Hi,

I've posted a couple of messages but tend to be a bit of a lurger so I hope you don't mind me posting for advice.

We're expecting our first baby, something niether of us thought would ever happen. OH is excited but I'm a natural worrier and am in a real state about the 20 week scan (due on 9th Feb).

Was anyone else really apprehensive before their 20 week scan? All I can focus on is that there might be something wrong with the baby. I had a scan at 7 weeks and at 12 weeks and both were fine, I heard the heartbeat two weeks ago at my midwife app but I still can't stop worrying. I havne't felt the baby move but its my first so I guess I shoudn't be too worried.

Is this normal? I'm going to be a complete wreck by the 9th Feb.

Its great to read all the 20 week scan messages, I bet it makes it even more real.

Thanks if you've managed to read this far.

NN
EmmG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
Aw bless!
Its natural to worry, especially with your 1st!
Is your bump growing?
I'm sure all is fine, just try to relax hun!

All the best for your scan!
x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
Its normal to worry sweetie - i think its unnatrual to not worry. Especially about something so precious!!

Once your there you'll be fine, and sooo excited. Its the best feeling ever seeing the scans and hearing the heartbeat. Do you want to find out the babies sex? x
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:21 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you both of you, at least I know I'm 'normal'!

OH and I aren't too bothered about finding out the sex of the baby, I know it sounds like a cliche but as long as he/she is healthy that's all that matters.

I'm starting to get a proper bump, I think I'm coming to the end of my "looking fat" stage. It's hard to recognise a growing bump when you see it every day so OH is taking a photo every week. He's being really good and very patient with me.

Thanks again for the replies Smile
AlfiesMom
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:23 pm 
Post subject:
no problem sweetie - let us know how you get on.

I know what you mean about just want the baby to be happy and healthy. But curiousity got the better of me and OH, im far too impatient Embarassed lol xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular