I have had a tied sterilization can i have it reversed

sian4990
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:18 pm 
Post subject: I have had a tied sterilization can i have it reversed
I have had a tied sterilisation for over 10 years and have since remarried, My husband unfortunately had to have his testicles removed but has banked sperm available. I have been told that the NHS no longer does reversals and we are deperate to have a child together, I have been looking into this for sometime now and I am just hitting a brick wall, It is very distressing and I was wondering if any one can help out with any information that will help us in getting the right help that is needed, I have been told that I am still producing many eggs so that is 1 good thing just how do we get the reversal help if we cannot afford private.If it was the fact that i was sterilised then maybe the NHS may not help however as my husband has now lost his testicles surely there is help available you think ?????? If any one has the answer or can help please please let me know many thanks. Rolling Eyes
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Hi,

there is a really long thread on the TTC page about this, with ladies that are all going through the same sort of thing. I'm sure if you have a sympathetic GP you may be able to get it done on the NHS, but it is a postcode lottery! If not, it will cost anything between 2000 -4000 depending who does it and where.

Read the posts - they are really helpful and supportive ladies on there. You can PM me if you need to ask anything.

Good luck

Julie
xxx
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:26 am 
Post subject:
welcome to the forum hun xxxxxxxxx
my tubes where cut and tied so a reversal isnt out of the question xxxxxxxx
but we had to go private costing 3450 xx
has your doctor discussed ivf? xx im just thinking you cant be wasting his sperm Very Happy
and it may take a while to get pg after the reversal xxxxxxxx
good luck with your search hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular