Anyone due in Oct '09???

hopadom
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:57 pm 
Post subject: Anyone due in Oct '09???
I know it's early but is there anyone due in October? I'm getting my date confirmed tomorrow but I calculated it to be 7-10th Oct. I only found out on Monday with an early test and stumbled across this site when I was trying to work out my dd and it's great!

My partner and I tried for 4 months for this babe and now we're over the moon. I can't believe I'm only 4 weeks and my boobs are throbbing, I need to wee more frequently and my brain's turning to mush. Still got a long way to go yet. I've already got two lovely kids, son - 13 (in 3 weeks) and daughter - 6 1/2. I don't mind what sex this one is, just looking forward to a healthy baby.
HappyMummy2
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there!!!

I'm due oct 2nd or 3rd with my first!!! Can't express how excited i am... especially as have been trying for 8 months. We're already thinking names and looking at things to buy! Think my credit card will have to go into hiding!!!

Babyglue

Vx
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations V! I know it's tempting to start buying things isn't it. I went to see my doctor today and was surprised by his attitude. I know this is my third but he didn't seem in any hurry to refer me to the mw. Infact all he really said was are you happy with the fact your pregnant and it's still very early. I went in feeling all excited and came out feeling deflated. How's your experience been so far?
HappyMummy2
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:14 am 
Post subject:
Hey,

My doc has been quite good. I had a few blood tests this month checking on fertility stuff as it was taking a while, so i already had an appointment to see the doc on mon. So when he said to remind him why i was there, i said for fertility test results but i think i know what they will say!!! Anyway, he said how i need to do anther test on monday and let him know the result and then he'll refer me. I've done a test every morning and still am getting bfps, and they are getting stronger!!! He did say how the first 8 weeks are risky and so if i get past that... not something i wanted to hear but was expecting all the same.

Not having too many symptoms apart from tired alot but i do commute to work and i'm weeing a lot, and i think my boobs are changing!!! How have your previous pregnancies gone? I think i'll be asking for help along the way as this is my first! Have you go boys or girls, or one of each?

Babyglue
Vx
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:15 am 
Post subject:
Sorry just re-read your post and you've already said you've got a boy and girl!!! Sorry... forgot to say my mind has already gone to mush!!!!

Babyglue

Vx
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm 
Post subject:
Lol Laughing. Thanks V, that's cheered me up a bit. I think this website's great but I must admit it's so nice to speak to someone who's at the same stage as me. My previous two pregnancies went fine. All the usual feeling sick, heartburn and feeling like a beached whale but no complications thankfully. I must admit I feel more protective over this one in the womb than the others, I think it's probably because I'm older this time. Don't hesitate to ask any questions will you. I remember how daunting it was the first time round, just not knowing what to expect. Still this site is a fantastic source of information. So if you don't mind me asking when was the first day of your last period? Also how do you get the strip along the bottom of your comments? x

Last edited by hopadom on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
HappyMummy2
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hey,

My last af started on 27/12/08, meaning (i think) that i'm due on 2/10/09. what about yourself? i'm so excited, but everything that could go wrong keeps running through my head and i get worried. hopefully that won't last that long.

The tickers (mine seems to have disappeared at the mo) come in all shapes and sizes! I clicked onto somebodies that i liked and it took me to the website where you can create your own. once you've decided on the various things you get a load of codes and you need to select one and paste it into your forum settings as a signature. i can't remember which code you need... already my mind has gone to mush! I'll try and find out and will let you know. I'll also try and find out what happened to mine!!!

Babyglue

Vx
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
My ticker strip code (even though the ticker is missing) starts url:http or something like that and then a big long string of letters and numbers.

Good luck

Babyglue

Vx
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:08 am 
Post subject:
HI V, How are you feeling today? Well my last af started on the 1/1/09 and I've calculated my dd on various different sites and got different dates, so far I have 7,8,9 & 10 of Oct. That's one of the reasons I was looking forward to seeing my Doc as I thought he'd confirm it for me, but guess that's left to the mw nowadays. I know what you mean about worrying about what could go wrong. I don't remember ever worrying as much over the last two as I am this one.

Thanks for the info on the ticker, I hope I've got it ok, guess we'll find out as this is the first time of using it...

... well looks ok in the preview, hope everyone can see it when I post it. Do you know what's happened to yours yet?
HappyMummy2
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:39 am 
Post subject:
Hey,

You're ticker looks good! somehow mine has re-appeared!!

How are you feeling today? I'm doing ok. Aware of my boobs alot more!!! Can i ask... should i wear a bra in bed now? I got proper maternity bras yesterday (needed new ones anyway) so i figure they would be quite easy to wear all the time, but don't know if it's necessary.

Thanks

Vx
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi V, I'm feeling much better than during the week, thanks. I do gardening for my job and I think it's tiring me out quite a bit and even though I've been doing housework all weekend it's a lot less strenuous. Now about the bra business, I think it's down to the individual. At the moment my boobs feel better out of my bra but then I'm only a b cup anyway and whilst they are tender they have only got a teeny weeny bit bigger. I can remember with my other two that a bit further on (can't remember exactly when) they nearly doubled in size and I HAD to wear my bra in bed or I couldn't sleep. So I guess what I'm saying is we're all different and if you feel you'd benefit from wearing your bra in bed now then do so. Infact that's probably one of the best bits of advice I'd give any pregnant woman... you know your body best and you have to live in it, so, if you feel you need to do something before it is 'recommended' or 'advised' so long as you're not harming anyone DO IT!

Hope that helps x

HappyMummy2
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:23 am 
Post subject:
Hey,

Haven't been on for a bit. How are you doing? I'm ok, just wanting baby here already!!!! thanks for the advice about bras... i'm not going to wear one in bed just yet, but think it will come to that as they are bigger and are painful without support. I'm still doing cheapy internet tests every morning to check i'm still pregnant!!!

Babyglue

Vx
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, Had a busy week this week! How are you doing V? I'm feeling the effects of the hormones. Feeling rather irritable and tired at the mo and don't know about you but my tummy feels like I've period pains a lot too. It worried me a bit but I think it's just the changes that happen as your body starts to prepare for a growing baby in the womb. My mw contacted me during the week and is coming to see me for my first visit on 19th Feb, which I'm looking forward to. Have you been back to your docs?

How about morning sickness... you had any yet? I keep getting bouts of nausea at various times of day but no sickness. I have gone off most things though... food and drink, which is not good!

xxx

HappyMummy2
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 am 
Post subject:
Hey,

I'm ok, but starting to feel quite ill in the morning now. Not been sick, but in someways i think if i could be sick it would help! Never mind. As long as it's for the little bean then it's fine by me! I've been so tired. I'm usually quite tired (like my sleep, so don't know what will ahppen when the baby comes!) but this has gone even worse! Keep having little cat-naps when i get in from work. I get various pains going on in my tummy but figure it's the baby getting comfy! I wouldn't worry. I've heard you should only worry if they are really bad, and are associated with blood. I'll keep an eye on them though.

I wish i'd hear from the mid-wife but my doc isn't referring me until next week (once i phone him to remind him!). I'm still doing a cheap internet test most days to check on my two lines... is that silly?!?!

So how come you've been busy all week? I guess you're always busy with 2 kids!!!! By the way, where do you live? I live near salisbury. Hubby is in the army, so i don't get much say in where i live!

Vx
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi V, It's great to hear from you. I've been feeling a little low just lately Sad and I look forward to your posts! Smile

I've just been busy with housework to be honest. My work's been snowed off so thought I'd catch up on the dreaded housework. Then on Friday my friend crashed her car in the snow and it took us about an hour to get her out.... having stood on the side of the road waiting for a 4x4 to flag down.... and bless her she was quite shaken so I stayed with her for the day and helped with her work. Took the kids roller skating on saturday for their first time ever, which they loved.

I live near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk. We moved about a year ago, we did live in Bury but now live in a small village on the outskirts. It's lovely here but I'm fed up with the cold weather and so looking forward to spring and summer.

You said you commute to work, is that train or bus? Does it take long. I can imagine that must be tiring too.

Ooo nearly forgot... got a letter from local hospital today... got my first scan on 25th March.... yay!! Best you give your doctor a nudge I think, get things in motion. Bless you still doing tests... I'm sure you are pregnant still... you just want to speak to mw and get things in motion don't you.

Wow sorry this is so long, I could go on forever. Quite surprised there aren't anymore October mum's on here yet. Guess they'll be finding out soon!! xx
Page 1 of 7

Jump to:  

Community

Popular