Pregnancy Questions? Concerns? Get Answers Now!

rngrad2b
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:55 am 
Post subject: Pregnancy Questions? Concerns? Get Answers Now!
My name is Jolene, I am a mother of three, Madison (11 y/o), Hannah (6 y/o), and Mason (5 y/o). I am in my senior year of nursing school and I will be specializing in Obstetrics. I have worked in OB for the past 10 years, and it is truly my passion.

I am more than happy to answer any questions, comments, concerns, etc... If I don't know the answer to your question, I work with 2 obstetricians who I consult with. Please feel free to email me, you can also post your question on my group, there is a link on my website that will get you there. On my website you can see "your growing baby", learn about your stage of pregnancy, print a unique, custom birth plan, and register to get all kinds of FREE stuff for you and baby! (my friend registered and I could not believe how much stuff she got!) There is a link called "My Birth Pictures" where you can see pictures of my babies, I would love to share them with you! The site is a "work in progress, so check back frequently for new stuff!
Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy!

My name is Jolene, I am a mother of three, Madison (11 y/o), Hannah (6 y/o), and Mason (5 y/o). I am in my senior year of nursing school and I will be specializing in Obstetrics. I have worked in OB for the past 10 years, and it is truly my passion.

I am more than happy to answer any questions, comments, concerns, etc... If I don't know the answer to your question, I work with 2 obstetricians who I consult with. I recently constructed my first website where you can see "your growing baby", learn about your stage of pregnancy, print a unique, custom birth plan, and register to get all kinds of FREE stuff for you and baby! (my friend registered and I could not believe how much stuff she got!) There is a link called "My Birth Pictures" where you can see pictures of my babies, I would love to share them with you! The site is a "work in progress, so check back frequently for new stuff!
Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy!

http://ultimatebirthplan.googlepages.com/
Pilgrim
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:37 am 
Post subject: Feelings of pregnancy
Hi this is my first pregnancy after trying for 8 years so we are over the moon. I thought mums only worried about their little uns when they were born - boy was I wrong! I expected to "feel more pregnant" if that makes sense? How do I know everything is ok if I havent had many feelings of pregnancy? Sorry if this sounds stupid?
rngrad2b
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:29 pm 
Post subject: Congrats!
How far along are you? Not all women experience many pregnancy symptoms in the early weeks of pregnancy, while others have sore breasts, fatigue, nausia, and urinary frequency. This is nothing to worry about, especially if you are not having any bleeding, etc... when is your first OB appointment? I am so happy for you! Please keep in touch!
Jolene
ritzyellevegas
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:38 am 
Post subject: Breastfeeding & Being A Smoker
Hi, I am now 22 Weeks pregnant - Everything is going fantastic I have had no symptoms whatsoever throughout, the only one I have had is weeing alot - And we found out it is a little boy on X-mas day - We wrote in a X-mas card the week before when we went to the 2nd scan...

To Mummy + Daddy
Love from your little
X-X-X

And the lady filled it in and we opened it X-mas day - And anyway what my question is - I would like to breast feed in the first couple of days of my newborns life , I would like to know if it would be ok to breast feed for as long as is nessacery (depending weather breast-feeding suits me) my only worry is that I smoke and I worry that I will not have enough goodness in my breast milk - But definately for the first 1-2 Days I will breast feed as I would like to give him the best start in life with the colosturm - If you say it's not a good idea to carry on while smoking then I will do what I planned and put him on to bottle formula... But I am not going to give up smoking as I know that is what you are going to say - Smoking calms me and it's who I am - And our baby is fine & healthy - And my friend recently had a little boy and smoked through out her pregnancy and he was born so healthy and lovely - I don't believe anything that is said on smoking because none of it is fact I think it all depends on the person - And plus I do not drink at all and I believe alcohol does ALOT more damage than smoking.

Thanks will await your reply

xxx
MummaT
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
I feel a bit silly to being saying this because I'm sure lots of other people go through it fine, but I'm about 6 weeks gone (this is my 1st) and have had sore breast from the start. My moods are just going nuts. The littlest thing can set me off. I'm feeling really low and worried about everything. I'm finding it really hard. My partner and I have chosen not to tell anyone about the pregnancy until at least 12 weeks (just in case) and although I think this is a good idea I could also really do with some one to talk to. I do talk to my partner a lot but he has a lot of other things going on as well and sometimes I can just hear myself moaning and I'm sick of it so what must he think? I really want this pregnancy and I'm really worried that somehow I've managed to mess it up. I guess I really concerned about my moods. I hate feel so low and I don't want to be this moody, its like I can see myself from the outside and I know I'm being silly but I can't stop it. There are so many other things I should be doing but all my time and energy seems to be spent on this. I know its only early days and I guess thats another reason I feel so silly about this. Anyway I would be very grateful for any help or advise. Thanks
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jolice,

Don't worry about the moods, the way I realised I might be pregnant was that I was really emotional and down for about 2 weeks. I was going through a tough time at work, but that didn't really explain why I would cry at the slightest thing. I felt awful. I then realised my dates didn't quite add up and did a test, I was 5 weeks pregnant! the moods did pass, I am now 16 weeks, and feel a lot better. We also planned to wait until 12 weeks, and then ended up telling a few people, just so we both had someone to talk to, I know how you feel.

If you need to chat anytime, just message me or post on here, it's difficult not having people to talk to about it all isn't it?

Take care, and just bear with it, things will improve.

Love LD
Angeb
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:53 pm 
Post subject: 1st Pregnancy issues and concerns, please help!
Hi Jolene,

This is my first pregnancy and I am having some concerns. I went into my OB’s office on Monday, Jan. 14 2008 for my first exam, blood test and u/s. My u/s showed two yolk sacks and also showed I was only 6 weeks pregnant. We did see a fetal pole in one of the sacs but nothing in the other but we did not hear a heart beat at this point – which to my understanding is not a bad thing?!?
Before I left my doctor’s office he wanted me to take a gallon container and collect my urine for a 24 hour period to see how much protein I was losing, when I brought my test back in on Wednesday my doctor did another BHCG test, he called me later that afternoon on my way home from work and told me that my levels from Monday were 35000, and by Wednesday they had only went up to 37778 and he was concerned he went on to tell me I was going to have a miscarriage and asked me if I was having any cramps or bleeding, I told him I was having no such feelings so he told me to come back in on Friday (yesterday) to do another BHCG test which I will get the results on this coming Monday. Are my BHCG levels very low? I have been doing tones of research and according to my research my levels are not off or more or less do not indicate a miscarriage, I am totally baffled by what my doctor had said and for the sheer fact that he also told me that we will possibly have to schedule a D&C, I feel that he is jumping the gun entirely too fast, do I sound crazy?
hippygirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:31 am 
Post subject: how can i stop getting emotional and angry?
Hi my name is laura im sixteen and im 12 weeks pregnant. im so angry and upset all the time it gets annoying really. My boyfriend bless him dont know what to do with himself because i keep shouting at him every 5 minutes or i cry. im so scared that this is'nt normal i hope it is. im so excited to be having a baby i've even thought of baby names. i still havent had a scan yet but i cant wait till i get one through. anyway hopfully you can give me a few tips on how to control myself when i get angry or upset i know it isn't good for the baby and it isn't good for me xlaurax
gingin
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:34 am 
Post subject: thankyou
well i apparently i am moody anyway (news to me) real cancerian i guess !! anyway i have been really down and up too -- i could be as much as 9 weeks gone - moving to a new country in november and christmas meant i havent paid any attention to periods or lack of them - also i am in sweden and i have to learn a new language - i havent made any friends yet - enjoying the peace of leaving englang and old life behind at the moment - anyway my partner had noticed my moods and i was particularly concerned about that i was so down - today if the first day my head seems to be back together - we have only told our parents at this stage - the other thing i wanted to ask is if anyone felt quite isolated becuase its you going through it whilst your partner is bouncing around like he's got a new gadget !! you know how men are !! LOL
longmaonu
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:15 am 
Post subject: Worried....
Hi ,

i just found out that i'm pregnant with my first child and went to the doc for an u/s today but he's unable to detect any sac. He suspect that it's still in the early stages of pregnancy and asked me back on monday to do another u/s and blood test.

Care to enlighten me, as this is my first time, I'm kinda lost.

Thanks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular