so knackered!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 1814
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:39 pm 
Post subject: so knackered!!!!!
is there any other older mums feel like this?? im just sooooo tired!!! ive been lucky with this preg (touch wood) not had any bad symptoms apart from constipation!! Shocked but this tiredness is killing me!! do you think its down to being older or just one of those things?? i dont remember feeling this bad with my other 2 children but it was a long time ago!! hope everyone is doing ok!! Wink xxx
_________________
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 8251
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
hey Rosie hun Wink

yep its cos you are old Confused Shocked Nah only kidding hun even the yougsters get tired too just make the most of any rest you can get Smile Hope you are ok.

Helz xx
_________________
wendy131
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2898
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:51 pm 
Post subject:
I think we forget how tired we get in previous pregnancies, lets face it we forget it all otherwise we wouldnt get pregnant again Laughing Laughing Age is just a handy thing to blame it on Very Happy
_________________
jenshayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 2411
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:40 pm 
Post subject: Re: so knackered!!!!!
rosie36 wrote:
is there any other older mums feel like this?? im just sooooo tired!!! ive been lucky with this preg (touch wood) not had any bad symptoms apart from constipation!! Shocked but this tiredness is killing me!! do you think its down to being older or just one of those things?? i dont remember feeling this bad with my other 2 children but it was a long time ago!! hope everyone is doing ok!! Wink xxx


Yep! I''ll be 39 when this bambino makes it's appearance and I have good days..and I have bad days! 7 years apart for each of my kids, Matt 14, Madisyn 7, and unknown due in August! I just listen to what my body tells me to do. If I'm tired, I rest, and when I get a good burst of energy, I try to get caught up on most of my to-do list. I just hang onto that expression of - being in your 30's is like being in your 20's now days! HA! Yeah right! Laughing
_________________


Den1970
Newcomer
Newcomer
Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:33 am 
Post subject: Tiredness
Hi Rosie

I am 39 years old, I have two teenage sons and I am now 11 weeks pregnant. I have never known tiredness like it and can't remember being this tired in my twenties. So, I'm putting it down to age too. It is comforting to hear that it is not just me!

Good luck and hope energy comes to us all soon!

Den
suzee1
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
I have 2 teenage sons and am expecting my 3rd baby any day now. I have also suffered from extreme tiredness during the this pregnancy, especially the last 2 or 3 months which I dont remember ever suffering with my previous pregnancies. Saying that, however, I have al;so suffered heartburn, aching pelvis, braxton hicks and the usual aches and pains that normally go with a pregnancy, and I never suffered with any of these in my earlier pregnancies either. Maybe it is just because Im getting old now, lol.
Amandaplus2
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4330
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I am 39 and wast just saying to my OH the other day I feel like an old woman hobbling about especially in the morning. I was extremely tired in the first trimester then it got better, now not sleeping too well as cant get comfy so if im off work I have a nap in the afternoon if I can. But I havent suffered with the other usual complaints like heartburn, morning sickness, backache or stretch marks so I guess I can count myself lucky that way.
_________________

pussycat
Guru Member
Guru Member
Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 862
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:48 am 
Post subject:
I know for a fact I wasnt as tired as this with my last pg 15 years ago!!! 3 weeks before he was born, I took my other 2 out for a day to Hampton Court Palace. Im knackered and breathless now just walking from downstairs to up!!!! lol

Not doing too bad thougha s still working!
_________________

Shell99
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 44
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:07 pm 
Post subject:
I'm 37 and 7 weeks pregnant with my first child so its all ne to me!! I'm still slightly shocked by how quickly its all happened as we were only TTC for 5 months. Never been so happy as the day I saw those 2 lines appear in the test! I am really tired and having 9 hours sleep a night instead of my usual 7 and often needing a little 10 minute nap where I can! I feel like I'm always asleep! I'm looking forward to the 2nd trimester when the blooming supposedly starts!! Very Happy
pussycat
Guru Member
Guru Member
Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 862
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
Shell99 wrote:
I'm 37 and 7 weeks pregnant with my first child so its all ne to me!! I'm still slightly shocked by how quickly its all happened as we were only TTC for 5 months. Never been so happy as the day I saw those 2 lines appear in the test! I am really tired and having 9 hours sleep a night instead of my usual 7 and often needing a little 10 minute nap where I can! I feel like I'm always asleep! I'm looking forward to the 2nd trimester when the blooming supposedly starts!! Very Happy


Welcome to askbaby Shell and huge congratulations!!!!

Everyone on here is very very supportive so if anything crosses your mind, good bad or just need to get it out there post in the correct section and you will always get lots of support. I couldnt have managed some days without the girls!!!
_________________

Shell99
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 44
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:26 am 
Post subject:
pussycat wrote:
Shell99 wrote:
I'm 37 and 7 weeks pregnant with my first child so its all ne to me!! I'm still slightly shocked by how quickly its all happened as we were only TTC for 5 months. Never been so happy as the day I saw those 2 lines appear in the test! I am really tired and having 9 hours sleep a night instead of my usual 7 and often needing a little 10 minute nap where I can! I feel like I'm always asleep! I'm looking forward to the 2nd trimester when the blooming supposedly starts!! Very Happy


Welcome to askbaby Shell and huge congratulations!!!!

Everyone on here is very very supportive so if anything crosses your mind, good bad or just need to get it out there post in the correct section and you will always get lots of support. I couldnt have managed some days without the girls!!!


Huge thanks for that! Its good to know there are so many other women out there with all the same worries and feelings! I will keep you all updated! Smile
val1
Active Member
Active Member
Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Posts: 78
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:25 am 
Post subject:
Hi
I'm 40 and expecting my first child in Dec. We were also surprised when it happened just 3 months after starting to try. I was convinced I was too old but here we are. I too am so so very tired and work is more of an effort than ever but apart from sore boobs no other symtoms so really lucky there i guess.

Coming to the end of the first trimester so so far so good but think the biggest hurdle will be the screening or should I say the testing for abnormalities as it's coming and it's going to be so tough. I guess there are no tips for getting through that but it's nice to know theres women here that understand and have experienced the same thing.
_________________
wendy131
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2898
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:18 am 
Post subject:
Val the best way to get through the screening is to stay positive and not to think about it if you can

I`ve been trying to find it online but no luck so far but when I was in hospital I was reading an article and it said that the figures make it sound as though older parents are more at risk of problems but the truth is its more to do with the fact that there are a lot more younger mums than older mums which can make the figures look distorted, for every baby born to a mum in her 40`s there are 100`s of babies born to mums in their 20`s hence why the odds are lower for younger mums simply because there are more babies in their age group
_________________
val1
Active Member
Active Member
Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Posts: 78
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:49 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone

Wendy you were right! Very Happy just got the screening result yesterday after and agonising 2 and a half week wait and then I had to ring the hospital! Midwife told me I was very low risk (1:3500) which apparently is better than some 20 year olds. I'm still stunned this morning as try as I might to stay positive I was convinced my age was against me here and hse explained that although it's a starting point, think she said at 40 1:100 but then the scan measurements and bloods change the odds. Still cant believe it. So no amnio for me now and I'm off to work today to tell the world, altho bleary eyed as like everyone else I'm so so tired Shocked and just having so much trouble sleeping comfortably, does anyone have any tips at all as I'm keeping hubby up to.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day Very Happy
_________________
Amandaplus2
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4330
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:49 am 
Post subject:
I know how you feel. I was so tired I had to go to bed at 6pm when I came in from work.
_________________

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Older Parents All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  

Community

Popular