Disabled Mums

DebLG
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:47 am 
Post subject: Disabled Mums
Hi

Anyone out there have a disability? I have MS use a cane, and a wheelchair when necessary. My baby is due in January, and I just want to know how people cope. I have a great support system, husband, mum, mother in law, and older kids, but I'm still a bit scared.

DLG
crystaljo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:59 am 
Post subject:
Hi again Deb

I dont have a disability, but my cousin has MS. Shes not using walking aids (yet) she has to self inject drugs though.
She has 3 children, her first baby and subsequent illness led to her diagnosis of MS. She went on to have 2 more children, the youngest being a year old now.
As i understand it, you cannot take the MS controlling drugs while you are pregnant, is that right?
She deteriorated a little after each pregnancy, but soon stabilised again when back on her medication.
She cannot cope on her own, her mother is her career and her husband is a star!
She manages fine with the kids, its just things like the housework she finds difficult.

It sounds like you have a wonderful support network around you, this is the most important thing.

Did you have MS when you had your other children?
DebLG
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:06 am 
Post subject: Diabled Mums
Hi

I am on no drugs, it is all dependent on what you have. Their are three types of MS. It has been suggested that mine is progressive as I never recover, i just slowly get worse.

This showed up about 4 years ago out of the blue. I woke up unable to move properly and was rushed to the hospital where I stayed for two weeks.

MS is very hard to diagnose depending on the version you have.

My network of support is great, but I try to stay positive, I work full-time, and I am also working on my law degree.

I just worry that I can not run around and do the things I did with my other 3 kids when they were young.

Thanx
Deb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular