Got the job.... need some advice!

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:13 pm 
Post subject: Got the job.... need some advice!
I got the job I went for on Tuesday! was offered it there and then which i am pleased about!! Luckily, my mum has agreed to have lewis 1 day a week and the other day I think My OH's dad will have.....However,
When my mum has him, she lives quite a way from me, so we plan to meet half way b4 i start work and me pass lewis over to her so he will have to go in her car.
At the mo he is in a travel system car seat, but i will be changing this within the next few wks as he is too big 4 it.
Will I be able to remove the car seat from my car into my mums?! Or r they hard to change over?
Not sure if im making any sense?!!! x
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
They're normally pretty easy to transfer, but it depends whether you will have the time to faff about doing it in the morning, when rushing to work. Have a look on Ebay for reasonably priced car seats. You might get one cheap enough to keep permanently in your mum's car. I wouldn't advise second hand car seats, becuase you don't know whether they have been in a previous crash and may therefore no longer be a safe. Unless ofcourse you get a second hand one from someone you know and trust? It's the type of thing people have sitting about and would love to get rid of to clear the space!
Congrat's on you job.
Bec x

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah thats what I was thinking ... I think my Oh's mum mite have 1 laying around.
I wasnt sure if once they were in ur car, they are really hard to remove or change, as my mum seemed 2 think they have to be anchored in?! (im not really sure what she means by that) but I just assumed that was an OLD way of doing things as i think thats what had 2 happen wen i was a baby!?

x
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,
Well done on getting the job and for sorting out childcare i know that was a big stress for you, as for the car seat they are easy enough to move from one car to the next - have a practice before you meet your mum though just so that you're not stressing at the last minute.
Also i love ebay and like becnichs said have a look there for a car seat - i got one for my step son earlier this year for a tenner, bought a doppler in nearly new condition for 16 incl P&P and best of all i bought my quinny travel system everything for 250 in really good hardly used condition so i'm an advocate in looking for a bargin especially as kids grow out of stuff so quickly.

Best of luck and treat yourself to something sweet to celebrate! Laughing

Have a good weekend Axx
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
Well done on the job. My Mum bought a car seat from Makro for about 40 to keep in her car rather than moving mine from car to car - saying that they really are easy to fix into the car. x
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
Thank u everyone! I am so pleased I got the Job! Unfortunately, will prob be celebrating on my own this weekend as my OH is working so much lately Surprised( Hes not been home 1 nite this wk b4 10pm!!
I think I will get my mum 2 get a car seat for hers 2, instead of rushing around in the morn's trying to get mine swapped over!

Thanks 4 all ur advice!! x
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
congratulaitons on gettign ur job!!

u will be able to change the car seat over i change mine over all time and put in mams gdads car etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular