26 weeks premature

mrswilliams4
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:12 pm 
Post subject: 26 weeks premature
My little boy was 26 weeks premature...... he is now in reception, nearly five and doing incredibly well. He has no long term problems, just a weak immune system.

I am just writing this to give mummy's out there hope that all will be well......
AlfiesMom
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
wow thats incredible. you must have a very strong little boy there hun xxx
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
wow thats incredible. you must have a very strong little boy there hun xxx
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:05 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Iya,
My Little Boy, Cameron Was Born At 26weeks aswel x
What was you experience like hun? x
N well done Very Happy

Last edited by Hanika on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:36 am 
Post subject:
thats great that hes donw so well:)

TiNiStar
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
my son jayvyn was just born on may 26th, at 26 weeks. Smile

he's two weeks old in two days and in the nicu right now. but doing okay.

he's breathing on his own and eating 60 ml of breast milk a day. weighing in at 2 pounds and 2 ounces.

im glad to see that theres other mothers out there whose babies are doing so well after being born 16 weeks early, like my son.

sincerely,
.me.
kez1985
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
Bit of a late reply but I had a little girl at 26+6 - it's so scary but she is just over 14 months old now and into everything, she was progressing so fast all her consultants have discharged her early.

She was in hospital 13 weeks and she was our first, we didn't even know what NNU was!!

Good Luck all and Never Give Up Hope. They are stronger than you could ever imagine.

xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm 
Post subject:
thats gd kez that shes been discharged early. is she nearing walking yet?

kez1985
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Laura,

She is very close to walking, she is just mastering her balance. If we hold her hand she walks perfect but she hasn't quite got the confidence on her own.

She will walk with her push along toys and around furniture which she has done for a while so I think it's just a matter of time now.

We are trying to reserve our energy as we are going to need it when she is walking on her own lol

xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
wow thats great that shes close to walking she has really done fantasticaly.

wish i could say the same for georgia were still under the consultant we expected to be discharged at 12 months but we wernt and shes nowhere near walking cant even stand alone.

jothompson
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:36 pm 
Post subject:
I had my son at 27 weeks 2 pound 4oz
He is 8 in april and has a normal healthy life wouldnt think he was born early and had bleed transfusion. There is hope for every preterm baby born
Angie3556
Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
That is AMAZING and just what I needed to read!

I'm 27 weeks +4 days and there is question of us being delivered early as I have a several bleeds (one lasting from 13weeks to 21 weeks).

Originally they thought it was a low lying placenta, but that has moved up, then I was found to have a lobed placnta, which has disappeared, and I've also been checked for a vasa previa (blood vessles running over the cervix), which I don't have. It's something of a mysery! Although my consultant and the staff on the ward have been fantasic and checked us for everything under the sun!

I haven't bled for a few weeks now, but the haematoma is still present on the scan. I'm being sent for extra scans (the next one is 9th may), and baby is being monitored to check he is growing well. As long as he is, and there is no more bleeding we should be allowed to get to term, but I do feel like this is hanging over my head as I know that if we start bleeding again he'll be delivered early. (I have a history of PPH, prem SROM and abruption).

Ideally I'd like to get as far along as possible. My middle son was prem (born at 34 weeks), he had no problems feeding or breathing, he was even quite big 6lb 3oz, but he has a mild motor learning difficulty and I often wonder - if he hadn't been born early, would he have still had DCD?
Anyway back to the point. Thanks for posting, you have given me a bit of inspiration.
Angie x x x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hope everything goes well for u and baby.

Angie3556
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Laura, I guess we'll know more after the scan on Monday. Right now I'm viewing each day I don't bleed as a bonus. I'm a bit worried about his growth as my fundus is a little bit low, but he was 1lb 14oz approx at 24weeks, which is above average, so fingers crossed he stays on that growth curve and doesn't tail off too much.

I'm 28wks tomorrow which I never thought we'd see when I first started bleeding, so everyday is a step in the right direction. Very Happy
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:51 am 
Post subject:
Its great that uve reached 28 weeks. Every week, day, hour extra that ur baby is inside gives him or her a better chance.

That sounds like a really gd weight.

Keep strong and positive and hope ur scan goes well on Monday.

Keep us updated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular