Your experiences....

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:22 pm 
Post subject: Your experiences....
Hello ladies, I really hope you and your babies are doing well. I am posting as I wanted to hear your experiences. I am 26 +5 today and have an Irritable uterus. It has caused me to go to hospital a few times with contractions and I have recently had other worrying symptoms. I have had shooting pains down below and for the last few days a very weird feeling by my cervix, almost like scraping. I have today have alot of thick discharge and twice when I wiped discharge with pink in it which I presume is blood. Basically i'm of course worried with everything that he'll come early. I wanted to ask what happened when you had your little ones? Symptoms before labour etc and your stories and also when you had your little ones and how they've coped... I hope you don't mind but am very worried at the moment and would at least like to make 30 weeks Sad Thank-you in advance. Natasha xxx

jewbag86
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
hey hun i too had irritalble utaras sp ? i was in and out off hospital every week with contraction and needed fluids to rehydrate myself that seemed to stop contractions. i also had polyhydramisis ?(to much fluid) that didnt help so felt less movments .. i had the swine flu jab on thurs 26th nov. felt [*@!#%*] friday 27th ..
feeling [*@!#%*] caused me to vomit that kicked of the contractions again so went to hosp sat morning and had jody sat evening by section ( always new i needed section ) she was born at 36 weeks 1 day

altho she was born nearly term she has suffered her suck reflux wasnt mature and she wasnt strong enouth to suck from bottles she endend up being tube fed on and off for 4 weeks about 3 days tube fed 3 days normal untill she lost weight and then she was tube fed again . she is now 10 and half weeks and has squezzy bottles as her suck is still alwuf she has a high pallate that may be causing it . her weight gain is poor she is now 8lb 15oz so still smaller then some newborns . on good note tho she is smiling . she seems to be progressing at the age of her corrected age she is doing all the thinkgs a 6 week old baby should be doig .
hope i have helped a bit . feel free to ask anythink else . xxx
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hello

I am 39 and had problems with high blood pressure from quite early on. I was always in and out of the day assessment unit. At 34+5 days I went in for a growth scan following many previous appointments and an overnight stay in hosital due to high blood pressue and protein in my urine. I was really not expecting it, but the consultant told me I had to stay in. I argued with him but he was having none of it, stayed in and that night my waters broke. Gave birth at 34 weeks, 6 days and 49 minutes...... Alfie weighed 5lb 1oz and had to go to special care for 4 days (11 minutes later and they wouldn't have taken him) but he is now back on track. He is 13 weeks and weighs 11lb 5oz. The Special Care Unit is such a brilliant, caring place, but really scary, and the staff are inspirational.

Alfie was one of the bigger babies in there, on one side was a little girl born at 24+1, she was 3 months old, and on the other side a boy born at 28 weeks. It is just amazing what they can do these days.

Good luck
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thank-you very much for your replies ladies Very Happy
Luckily shortly after i posted i decided to go in to triage and get checked over as they were concerned with what i was experiencing and after being examined as told the cervix is closed Very Happy I was put on the monitor and she was unsure of whether to let me go as i was having contractions, however i told her that i have them alot and it's really not unusual for me so she was happy for me to come home Very Happy Very Happy I'm still not convinced he'll stay put til term as he is a big baby and symptoms say otherwise but i'm really hoping i can keep him in there as long as possible. Your stories are inspiring though and certainly made me feel better Smile I'm really glad your babies are both doing well. Thank-you very much Smile xxx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:03 pm 
Post subject:
hope ur baby can stay in bit longer and build up somne strength.

i started having contractions at 31+4 and was in hosp for a week they giv the baby steroids to build up her lungs and they eventually to stop the contractions with medication and after a week was a allowed to go home even tho i was 2cm dilated and 3/5ths engaeged.. i went home but continued to have contractions on and off and was so uncomfortable as her head was 3/5ths engaged.

about 33/34 weeks i thort waters had gone had scan and there was reduced fluid but enough.

at 35+2 i decided to go get checked out coz for te past week i was constantly changing my underwear as i was damp and i had had shows. my bloods come bak and something was wrong with bloods i had an infection and scan revieled waters had gone so baby was at risk of infection and she was estimated at 5lb 12oz. next day 35+3 i was induced and gave birth to georgia after 1 hour 23 mins of labour she was 5lb 9oz and needed no help breathing or anything se was passed straight to me thin doctor gave her antibitoics in case she had developed the infection from me.

couple of days later she hadnt got infection so antibiotics were stopped.

after about a week in hosp we were allowed to go home. but after a couple of days at home she had lost more than 10% of her body weiht and was 4lb 14oz. weve been in hosp few times since as she has been slow to gain weight but shes absolutley fine just ont he small side shes now 9lb 12.5oz last week at 16 weeks.

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:02 pm 
Post subject:
Thank-you Laura Smile I remember you being on here when you were in hospital, she sounds like she's doing brilliantly though, well done. The doctor was slightly hesitant to let me go last time because I was contracting, i'm not sure whether it would have been better to stay as perhaps would have been given the steroids in case. My contractions are still quite frequent but alot less painful since I had the patches and are mostly just uncomfortable although the further I get the more I feel them in my back but I suppose that's just normal. The scan showed he's low in the pelvis which doesn't surprise me as I get pain down below but hoping it's not related. I don't think i'll go to 40 weeks but at least hoping to make it to 37. We'll see how things go but i'm hoping he stays in there a while Smile xxx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
yer hang in there hopefully u will b able 2 keep ur baby in there a bit longer.

they only giv u the sterios if u r before 35 weeks and they r almost sure u r goin to go into labour. and they like to giv them late if possible so they wud prefer to giv u them if u go bk in before 35 weeks rather than nw.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
I Was just reading bk thru this post and wondered if u did hav ur baby early?

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:02 am 
Post subject:
No shes still pregnant

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:40 am 
Post subject:
No this post was last year about her baby boy.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:01 am 
Post subject:
Dont think he was early Laura looking at her tickers he's just about to turn one so was probably born around his due date Question xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:37 am 
Post subject:
Yer thats wot i thought by looking at ticker.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
Yer thats wot i thought by looking at ticker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular