Is it ever going to happen?!

fuzzyferret
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:00 pm 
Post subject: Is it ever going to happen?!
Hi i am new to this site, just joined tonight, so dont understand half the abbreviations on here! I've been searching net for sites on the average time in which ppl fall pregnant...I have been trying for 7 months now...I say I and not we cos hubby prefers not to think about it that way, he's just enjoying the practising! every month this year I have done a test and obv always negative. this month i convinced myself i was pregnant as period 2 wks later than i expected (although no months have been regular), felt bloated, sore boobs, strange cramps and just felt 'different' but couldnt point out why... did 2 tests 4 days apart, both negative...then period turned up but i still feel same as i did, bloated & sore etc. I just dont know what's happening & its doing my head in! I hear that some women have still had kind-of periods whilst they're very early pregnant - not sure if this is true?! I am ashamed to admit i find myself being jealous of other people with babies and children now, even some friends who i know are ttc i am jealous of cos i know it wont take them as long as me! I havent actually made it common knowledge that I am ttc, only one friend knows, I dont want ppl to be expecting me to make an announcement! i know its only 7 months & could be a lot longer before it happens, as it is with many ppl, but when i'm thinking about it all time it feels so much longer than 7 months....
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:14 am 
Post subject:
Hi fuzz, there is no normal time really however, if you end up trying for at least year and still nothing visit you doc and voice your concerns. There are some tests that can be done to make sure all is ok. I totally understand how stressful TTC is. My OH and I tried for 13yr before Hunter showed up. We were told we couldnt have kids in the end and gave up even thinking about it..........then hello Im preg. My biggest advice is dont plan sex all the time or it will become a chore. Try and be spontanious and still have fun. Stressing only makes it harder on your body. Dear god I know how hard it is to relax when all you think about is getting preg, especially when everyone else is sprouting tummies!! Evil or Very Mad Eat well, stay healthy and keep the lines of communication open with your partner. Dont hide your feelings from him. trust me on this one!! Take care hun. xx
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hunny,
Most people will conceive within 2 years of trying.
It took 12 months to conceive my son and I am now in the fourth month of ttc number 2.
I don't know if you are from the UK or not, but if you are, your GP will refer you for tests after 12 months of ttc, however if you are over 35 you can be referred after 6 months.
Good luck, sending you lots of baby dust, hope you get a BFP (big fat positive from preg test) soon xx

pips1
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi honey
Can relate to what your saying - I already know if a friend says she is going to ttc, she will be pg and prob give birth before me. I dont have any idea why its taking us so long, but it is really getting me down. I am now thinking of going to gp, have been trying nearly a year this time, and am 33, so guess should be taken seriously soon. Anyway, good luck to you - wishing you lots and lots of babydust and hopefully we will all be pg very very soon Pipsx
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:05 am 
Post subject:
can happen straight away for some ppl and longer for others.

tuk me 6 months,.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular