Some support?

Rainbowsmum
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jenna
I had Rainbow at 34 weeks (she is now 3 weeks old) but Ruby was born at 32 weeks....my partner and those around me had no idea how strong the drive was for me to be with my girls!! NICU was like being tortured, I wanted to hold them and to breast feed but couldn't. I remember my whole body just aching to hold them and when I got my cuddle I just cried and cried. The other March ladies are chatting on the forum and are all still pregnant and I feel cheated out of those last few weeks, but just keep looking at the positives where I can! You must get a kangaroo cuddle as you will feel that bond so strongly also get involved with all of the cares that you can..tube feeding nappy changes etc all make you feel like you are the mummy and know whats best!!
Try and shut out any comments that have hurt you, you can deal with all that later, just surround yourself with things relating to your babies and get through the next few weeks as best you can. You will be home before you know it. Aren't people odd though I would have happily lived in a half finished rabbit hutch with my baby than have them away from me!!! If you do get cross with people just blame it on the hormones!!! Wink
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
Ive just seen this post, my Aimee was born at 34 weeks. I had to have an emergency delivery because i hadnt felt her move for a while so i went to get checked and it was discovered that she wasnt being fed through my placenta so the poor little thing was struggling. She was only 2lb 15oz when she was born and was in hospital for 22 days.

I honestly dont know how i got through that time, i think i just went onto autopilot Sad xx
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
georgia was born at 35 weeks. we got to o home after a week and i was alwyas wiv her so i cant understand how it is being apart from her. but we were constantly in and out of hosp for the first 2 months wiv one thing and another everything was so worrying and i felt i cudnt enjoy my baby.

but i lok bak now and its as if all that never happened now shes fine Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular