Nursing Bra

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:04 am 
Post subject: Nursing Bra
HI. What exactly is a nursing bra? I know that when you nurse your nipples are "runied" for life, but now I've read a post that talks about sagging breasts as a result of nursing. Is this true? Does the bra help in anyway? Is it impacted by how long one nurses for?

DebLG
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:57 am 
Post subject:
Hi

I have breastfed three children the longest being 9 months the shortest being 6 months.m My nipples are not ruined, my breasts do not sag. Maybe this is because I do not have huge ones. only 34B

The nursing bras I used were both for support, and easy access to feed. They had clips at the top that I could undue with ease to feed.

Deb
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
good to know! thanks.

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:17 pm 
Post subject:
ive just stopped breastfeeding after 8 months and like DebLG said it has not ruined my nipples or my breasts have not sagged either i am a 36C. i would say get a nursing bra if you are wanting to breastfeeding as its great for support and great access for feeding your baby. i must admit though i also used normal bras too and had no problem with them, just had to pull it up a bit when feeding, so the nursing bra is ideal if you are out and about.
caz x x

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:55 am 
Post subject:
I think the original thought behind nursing bras was to allow ladies to have support and ease of access at the same time - otherwise the temptation is to go bra-less, which leads to the sagginess.
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:56 am 
Post subject:
my boobs got huge the first time i was pregnant and i had loads of stretch marks on them by 12 weeks -i think this is all down to your genes though -i am typical scottish girl with very pale skin- so when i stopped breastfeeding i was left with saggy boobs which i stick into a well supported moulded cup bra
i dont think its anything to do with feeding though it is just my genetic make up-anyhow i would have still breastfed couse i really only wanted the best for my babas
now im pregnant again they are big and full and no saggys- im massaging that bio oil into them -they are soooo tender the noo

Jump to:  

Community

Popular