sleep

Heather3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:05 am 
Post subject: sleep
Hey okey so im new to this and dont realy know what to do lol but gettin to the point, i have a baby girl who is a year old and i can not seem to get her to sleep with out bein in her room for hours i have tryed almost everything Mad
ElliottsDaddy
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Heather

We had a similar thing with our little boy. He wouldn't go to sleep without having a walk around our village, in his push chair.

We then did the controlled crying, where you put them down for 10 minutes, let them scream down the house, go back put him straight back down without saying a word to him or picking him up again and repeating the pattern.

I think we did it for about 3 to 4 nights maybe a week.

It was the most difficult thing I have had to do. We used to set the cooker clock to 10 mins. If it went off and he was crying would do this almost robotic way of getting him to sleep. It is hell to do a real nightmare and you feel awful doing it, but for us it did the trick.

Good luck.
Amysmum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Heather 3
I hope things are getting better now. My baby daughter, Amy is 9 weeks and I have let her cry it out. Slightly different scenario though - Shewould only went to sleep on my breasts and screamed the house down when she was placed in a moses basket. For daytime naps, she only slept in a bouncy chair which we had to keep bouncing ALL THE TIME. Last week, it got to the point when I was depressed and miserable because of lack of sleep. I know lots of people say it's normal for new parents not getting enough sleep. But I don't want to be miserable all the time. Parenthood should be enjoyable! So, I've tried a soft method which I put her down drownsy but awake ( I WAS VERY AGAINST CIO)but it just did not work. I didn't get any sleep at all for 5 nights. I thought I'd failed being a good mum. Thanks to my hubby who has brought back my sanity - reminded me that I have done my best and we decided to give CIO a go. We've been doing for 4 nights now - give her final feed, put her down awake, tuck her in, kiss goodnight and leave the room. I just put her down 30 hours ago but she went to sleep within 10 mins. Babies are like blank sheets. You've trained her to sleep in the certain way. It would proabably take a while to teach your little girl to fall asleep on her own as she is a year old but it's well worth it. Don't forget to play and cuddle her a lot during the day though. So, she knows that you still love her.
Best of luck
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular