Less than 24 hours to go...

redali
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:00 pm 
Post subject: Less than 24 hours to go...
I promised myself that this month I would be patient and try to step back and not obsess about testing… so far I’ve been really, REALLY good (especially considering by this time last month, I’d already taken 3 tests), but now it’s just getting to me. I was due to start yesterday (usually pretty much spot on time, but as last month day late, thought AF might show up today), but so far nothing… no cramps… small twinges a few days ago but for the last two days, three actually, have been overwhelmed with them.

All day today (and yesterday too) I have been feeling sick to my stomach. On Saturday, DH & I stopped at McDonalds so he could get a Big Mac (where he puts all his food I will never know) and as usual I went to pick his gherkins off… this is the same thing I have been doing for 7 years… except on Saturday from the second I popped it into my mouth, I felt horrible and had to spit it out… really really nauseous! As we were on our way to a birthday party, I just thought, I’ll be fine… in theory I was… my day went from bad to worse…. Could barely eat anything – the smell of twigletts (I am NOT a fan of marmite) made me want to run for the loo, then later when the adults were BBQ-ing, I couldn’t go anywhere near the chicken and took a bite of a sausage and had to give it to DH, as just made me feel ill. Then yesterday woke up REALLY hungry (no wonder since I’d not had much day before) and went out to eat with friends… when it came to ordering suddenly I wanted a full English!!! I can’t even tell you the last time I had bacon and eggs, let alone a FULL English… then not two hours later when DH & I brought DD bowling… I was so hungry I wanted to order just about anything and it wasn’t even 2 hours after I had eaten. UGH!!! Plus I felt really lightheaded and then the 3 kids on the lane next to us each had a bad of cheesy Doritos… DH said he could almost see me turn green… combine that with the fact that my mouth tastes like I have a gym sock in it and it has been a rough couple of days.

I don’t want to get my hopes up or DH’s as we’ve had 3 or 4 months now of disappointments… all the symptoms and none of the joy and he finally said this month that he would like me to wait test until after AF is due (hence the delay)… This may sound stupid, but I’m actually scared to test… I want this so badly and just don’t want to be disappointed again…

Thanks for listening!

A
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:06 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds promising Redali when are you going to test, i admire you holding out

Claire
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:31 pm 
Post subject:
I'm testing first thing in the morning and hoping I get my BFP, so i don't have to wait anymore... I am SO impatient!!! Embarassed
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
It sounds really promising - I really hope you get that bfp especially with those symptoms!

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
sounds promising.

and uve been very gd waiting to test.

gd luck:)

Wishes
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds promising Redali

Fingers crossed and lots of baby dust!!

Wishes x
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
good luck hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
redali
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:15 am 
Post subject:
Well... as of this morning my ClearBlue Digital test reads "Not Pregnant"... I bought the digital thinking it would make me feel better about knowing definitively one way or the other...

Now find myself longing for the feeling of trying to decide whether or not I see 2 lines...

No sign of AF, so I guess I just need to wait it out...
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:53 am 
Post subject:
so sorry you got a bfn hun xxxx but its still early days yet xxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
redali
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:10 am 
Post subject:
I know... now I'm doubting when I was/am due... I've posted a note on the TTC board, as I'm now doubting if I've been calculating correctly... been using my first day of spotting as the marker day for my cycle, but am now wondering if that is why I haven't started... that maybe I'm not due for another day or so...

just don't know...
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:13 am 
Post subject:
i always marked day 1 as the start of my cycle till i read somewhere you mark the show of red blood as day 1 xx confusing i know hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
redali
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:17 am 
Post subject:
That's my problem... about a year ago (when we sort-of started trying - don't ask LONG story) I did some research on-line and at the time I found 4 or 5 sites that said any show at all was considered the start of your cycle, as it was the beginnign of the lining coming away... so that is what I have been using.

Now today, I've been out looking (What exactly DID we do before the Internet??? LOL!!!) and have found just as many sites that say at first RED blood show... UGH!!!! I just don't know...
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:26 am 
Post subject:
I am sorry to hear you got a negative, but there is still time yet! I would leave it a day then try re-testing with a first response as I find them very accurate. FIngers crossed you still get that bfp this month.

redali
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:30 am 
Post subject:
Funny thing is when I went out to by my test last night I was looking for the 1st response and Tescos didn't have any and when I saw the ClearBlue Digital, I thought it'd be better (words and all...)... think I'll go back to the 1st and retest in a couple of days if I haven't started... dont' want to get my hopes up.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:42 am 
Post subject:
sorry u got bfn!

maybe it is the way ur charting ur cycle and u af will arrive in few days.

really hope you get bfp tho:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular