3yr old niece

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:22 pm 
Post subject: 3yr old niece
every time i call up my little niece she sounds soooo excited to hear from me(i'm fave auntie!) but when i speak to my brother he always ends up screaming at her while i'm on the phone!! i'm beginning to hate calling up Sad

she only does little things like swings about in the room(apparently getting in the way) shouts bye bye to me while standing next to my brother. just general antics. am certain she's feeling neglected because they've just had another baby.

the mother never had much time for her anyways but since sophie was born emmy has really gotten less attention than ever, her bedtime isn't stuck to because mummy is too busy with baby, she's left at home with her grandmother or grandfather so the mother can take the baby into town shopping!! am sure she just wants some attention but my brother just won't listen to me and says she gets plenty of attention yet i've never seen her mother play with her, do painting with her or anything that she tells my brother she does when he's at work, she just sits emily in front of the tv or colouring book and ignores her to play with the new baby Sad

sorry, bit of a rant but i feel so bad after just speaking to her and hearing her crying (yet again) because her daddy shouted at her

Kimmy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:29 pm 
Post subject:
Aww bless you hun it must be so frustrating when you can see whats going on but no one is listening to you.

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:36 pm 
Post subject:
she's my lil babygirl(i saw her daily for the first few months of her life and was basically second mum) and i could never treat her the way they do.

she will beg to go to the park and her mum will tell her later, then never take her...i hate to see that disappointed look on her face Sad

i'm about 300miles away from her so i can only make limited visits but she's such a sweet little girl. emily visited me a few weeks back and when she went home her mother had the baby in her arms(sleeping) and instead of putting her down to give emily a hug just said 'oh, so you're back then' Shocked

Kimmy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
Aww thats horrible, hope you dont mind me saying but she doesnt sound very maternal you SIL. Maybe you should have a chat with your mum and see if she can talk to you brother

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
she seems to only have the babies for the attention it gets her.

i used to think she was a good mum but since she got pregnant with the 2nd she's just totally lost any maternal feelings for emily.

i don't talk to my mother so it's not an option, i have spoken to my brother myself though and he doesn't see that there is anything wrong.

my brother at least still shows emmy attention but it always seems to be the bad kind lately. i think this is why she does silly things because even though it's getting her bad attention, it's still attention from her daddy which she is craving

Kimmy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thats it she is still getting attention even though she is being naughty. Aww bless hun I really dont know what to advise

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
i don't think there's much advice anyone can give....thanks for listening to my little rant Laughing

Kimmy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
No probs I think sometimes we all need a rant to get things off our chest and it amazing how people can talk to strangers about problems but not people that are close to them, I talk to people on here about things I would dream of telling my oh or parents lol

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
thats awful, it is hard having 2 children, trying to share oit the attention but its so important to do it. i make a point of every now and then having a 'special day' with my daughter where we do things just the 2 of us, sometimes its something little like she comes to town and even though she hates town she likes it when its just me and her or a trip on the train or taking her to watch a show at the opera house like the rainbow show or cbeebies, i make a whole big thing about it being a special day for her and jay is staying home with daddy, she loves it
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
have tried suggesting that to my brother, he says that she gets to spend time with her mum when sophie is asleep but that's not proper special time because the mother runs off to the baby as soon as she's awake.

i can understand it's hard having two kids but even before the baby was born she never really had time for emily.

i guess she's just a s*it mother Sad i just can't wait until i move back to my home county next year so i can take emily alot more and make her feel special

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
Awww you need to have a word with him. My sister has 2 children. One is 3, and the other has just turned 2. Neither of them have ever experienced any neglect. Even if you are having a bad day and have a short fuse, you shouldnt take it out on a 3 year old. Have a talk with him

Jump to:  

Community

Popular