We have been set up!!!

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:27 am 
Post subject: We have been set up!!!
Hi all, look I thought this would be important for all woman who are almost due or who are in the first year of motherhood. I learnt something today that amazed me, our hormones take a full year to settle after giving birth. ( naturally or C Sec ). Also its our bodies way of healing when we dont feel like having Wink Wink with our OHs. It makes sure everything is ok before we get our mojo back. So if you are 10mnth down the track after giving birth and still feel as though you are not your normal self, your probably not and that dear friends, is 100% normal. She explained to me that woman are almost set up by mother nature to feel a little down and out for 12mnths, how rude!!!! We have had all the stress of TTC, hormone crazyness for 40wks and then we are expected to cope with another 12mnths of it!!!! Confused Isnt the body amazing, cruel and nasty to us, but amazing none the less.
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:29 am 
Post subject:
so our bodies are conspiring against us all that time!?
disgusting behaviour! (very interesting though!)

How you doing today anyhow hun?

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:34 am 
Post subject:
Hi ya Kat, not to bad. Have had an interesting day though. Have mentioned it all in my PND forum in the Support section. Just getting ready to go to bed actually, just thought Id have a nosey on here before!!! Very Happy
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:48 am 
Post subject:
O, forgot to mention that apparently its really normal for a baby to wake at least once during the night for at least the first year and sometimes beyond. Their little sleep clocks can take a while to mature so if you do have a good sleeper its just a lucky break, if not then sorry but thats quite normal Confused Learnt lots of other little tit bits too but to tired to remember! Shocked
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:50 am 
Post subject:
Shocked not fair!!! the only way I've been coping recently is by telling myself I'll feel normal again in a few weeks time - damn body it's got a lot to answer for!!
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
i have to agree, im 9months down the line after having my son and dont feel my normal self!!
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Huntermac. Is this post natal depression? Or do all women take awhile for their hormones to be normal? Up to 12 months is a looooooooooooooong time! Mad Especially after everything we go through!

mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:54 pm 
Post subject: xx
i feel like smackin my self stupid body grrr lol xx
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:02 pm 
Post subject:
yup i agree, i have always said it took me a full year to enjoy sex again and still quite teary lol.
but all totally worth it
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
ugh. Thats not fair. I thought after 9 mnths of this it would get better Sad
At least ill have my bootiful baby xx
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
sweetpea24 wrote:
Hi Huntermac. Is this post natal depression? Or do all women take awhile for their hormones to be normal? Up to 12 months is a looooooooooooooong time! Mad Especially after everything we go through!

Sorry but those of us with PND can have these up and down times for a LOT longer Sad 12mnth is just the norm for the average woman, some can take a little longer and some a little less. Its nice to know tho that if you still are feeling a little vonerable at the mo (not PND) that it is normal and your not loosing your mind Very Happy And that means we have permission to still be a little unreasonable too Laughing

Jump to:  

Community

Popular