February 2010 Mummies!!!

snoopya
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all.

Evie has been abit the same with her weight. She is a little up and down, between the 2nd and 9th centile and9th and 25th. She was only 6lb 6oz when she was born and is now 9lb 9oz at nearly 9 weeks. She is drinking between 4 and 6 oz every 2-4 hours (depending on time of day - every 4 in morning and 2 in afternoon and evening). HV says she has a nice round tummy and lots of padding on arms and legs so isn't worried but she just seems tiny compared to other babies.

She had her first jabs on Tues and hated them. She screamed and cried proper big tears, but was soon comforted and asleep by the time we got into the car. She hasn't had a temp or been grumpy but she was really sleepy yesterday.

She is sleepying through the night really well, usually from between 9 and 10 to between 6 and 7, so we are delighted Smile

Sounds like all the other bubs are doing really well. We are making the most of the nice weather and walking a lot.

Snoopy and Evie xx

meandmyboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
because he had a hight birth weight 8lb 14 and a half oz he was on the 75th centile has now dropped to the 25th if you go by the chart he should be 13lb 3 oz my god he would be huge his cosin is that weight and she is 20 weeks old
he takes about 4or 5 oz every 3-4 hours he is not sleeping tru yet usually up at 1 then 4 but the other night he just went strainght tru to 4 so hopefully at sign of things to come
xx Very Happy
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls. Went to baby group this morning and had a lovely time. I met a new mommy friend which is nice!!

Lewis is now having 6oz bottles every 3 hrs as I stopped bf coz he was so greedy! Lol. When I last had him weighed he was 11lb 7 and on the 50th centile but I think he's About 12lb now as that was last wk! Lol. It's made how quick they grow! He's still sleeping really well from about half 10 through to half 6!

Do your LO's constantly suck their fists? Lewis is always sucking his! Lol. He is so noisy sucking too!

Glad to c u on here

love steph x x
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:29 pm 
Post subject:
i know it is nice to see everyone chattin on here i have been swaddling up to now but been thinkng about gettin a sleeping bag what is everyone else doing ??

had to get some cream from the doctor as his face was really dry but it has cleared up brilliant now

he is gettin soo big his big bros dote on him altho tyler can get abit rough at times xx Very Happy
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,

Thankfully things with Lucas have settled down now. He has atopped throwing up all his feeds, no major coughing fits and most importantly no more visits to the hospotal or doctors.
He is feeding every 4 hrs normally between 4-7ozs and sleeps through the night from 11pm-6.30am Very Happy He last got weighed a week ago today and was 12lb 10oz although he is very long and has long feet so he is at the inbetween stage of clothes which is a nightmare. He would fit 0-3 if his feet werent too big Surprised

Tummymonkey - Lucas is also a noisy fist sucker and has been since he was in the NNU after he was born - it was them that gave him a dummy (I wasnt planning too) as they kept thinking he wanted a feed.

xx

meandmyboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
glad little lucas is doing well now

you are all so lucky all ur babies sleep tru just my little man that is the bad one of the bunch lol Laughing
finlay is the same his 0-3 clothes are getting too small but the 3-6 are just too big yet

sam x Smile
Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Evie is also a noisy fist sucker. Me and OH wonder if she is trying for her thumb as when she gets it she has a good old suck.

Evie is still in newborn clothes at the moment as 0-3 is too big, but it wont be long. I think she is just an ickle pickle!!

She has also found her voice which is lovely. I love hearing all the little squeaks she makes.

bunty77
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone. Had William weighed today.... 14lb 1oz. OH MY GOD!! He is enormous. He is 9 and a half week old. The HV didn't bat an eyelid but I nearly fainted lol. Embarassed Walked up to school for the girls which is just over a mile and mainly uphill, had to stop a few times and pretend to be checking on the baby Laughing I am really enjoying being a mummy again, funny because I wished Anna's life away, couldnt wait for her to crawl and walk etc, she obviously had other ideas because she was 19 months before she walked. Hope William walks quicker than that or I will have severe back issues when hes older if he continues growing at such a rate! Nice to here that everyone is doing well, William sucks his fist too, but he tucks his thumb into his fist so he hasnt found it yet. He won't take a dummy though. Iv'e tried loads of different ones, Anyway off to bed for me. Have a good weekend! x
Luper
Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Charlotte was weighed on Thurs & has put on 11 oz so am really pleased!! She now weighs 9 lb 11. She was 8 lb 15 when she was born. She is 10 wks today - God, where has the time gone??? The breastfeeding advisor at the hospital has leant me an electric pump so I can pump both breasts at the same time so I can start gradually replacing the 3 lots of formula I have been giving her a day as top ups with my milk. I have a manual breast pump which I have been using occasionally but this one will be much better & I will be able to get a lot more milk. So hopefully can stop the formula altogether soon now she is gaining weight better.
So it's been a bit stressful, especially as I had really sore nipples for a while too, which didn't help, but I'm OK now. Still determined to breastfeed for a bit longer yet.

We put Charlotte in her own room last night to try her out and she was fine! Was a little bit sad when we took her little crib down Crying or Very sad , but she is in her lovely cot with her toys and she seemed really happy.

How long did others keep their baba in their room with them? I know 6 months is recommended but so many people have said to me they didn't wait that long (sometimes 2 weeks!) and she seemed ready.

Hope you're all having great weekend
Lots of love xx

meandmyboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
well my baby went in his cot for the first time last nite he looked so tiny in it but he slept till 4 then he was up at 7.30 witch is the normal time so he is getting better

anyone using a sleeping bag?? been looking at getting one mind you he likes being swaddled

glad eveyone is ok
sam x Very Happy
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:13 am 
Post subject:
We use sleeping bags with Evie and have done from a week old. She loves to mover her arms around and sleeps with them up by her head so was always knocking off blankets. We have 1 growbag and 2 DreamPods from Mamas and Papas, both 2.5 tog. She just wears a sleepsuit with built in mitts and she sleeps for between 6 and 8 hours. It works for us but everyone is different.

snoopya
Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
Just bumping up to the top cos wanna see how everyone is getting on.

Angel78
Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:09 pm 
Post subject:
HI all,

Have now put Lucas in a sleeping bag as he has started kicking his covers off and it helps him sleep better. He will be moving into his cot next week in a room with his big sister which i'm a little bit concerned about but we'll have to wait and see. Will miss him sleeping next to me as he is moving a few wks earlier than Lily-Mae did as he is too long for the moses basket!
My little man never seems to be very well. He has his cough and phlegm back and has also started wheezing so have been given an inhaler and yet more antibiotics - good job he is used to talking medicines, i think he thinks its normal Confused He has finally just settled for the first time today so i have a few minutes to myself while my other LO eats her raisins. Havent had Lucas weighed for a while but i reckon he must be at about the 14lb mark - will have to wait until next wk to see if i'm right.

meandmyboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls how r u we are both good finlay has been in his cot a couple of weeks but still in our room angel78 i am sure he will be fine
we are hopefully going swimming at the weekend so i will let you know how we get on

hope everyone is ok x Very Happy
Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hey girls. How are we all? Lewis is doing really well. He's 13lb 15ozs now and has been sleeping from 8pm to 7am for the last few wks. He had his injections today Sad. Think im gonna put him in his own room on the weekend! But his dad wants to sleep on the floor in his room to begin with to make sure he's ok. Bless!! Lol.

Hey meandmyboys. Did u go swimming? I really wanna go! Started baby massage today! It was lovely.

Hey angel, how is Lucas doing?

Speak to u soon! Byeeeeee x x x
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular