February 2010 Mummies!!!

tummymonkey
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:56 pm 
Post subject: February 2010 Mummies!!!
Me and Lewis thought we'd start a post for the feb mummies!! hope your all doing well and i hope we can offer each other advice and support. All is going well at the moment but i'm sure i'll be needing your advice in the future. love steph x x x
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi TummyMonkey!

Im hoping you'll let me join the Feb Mummies ... even though I actually gave birth to my little boy Joe on 29th January!! I was with the February Mummies all through my pregnancy and feel more at home with February !!!

J x
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
Awww course you can. how are you and joe doing?? x x
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Me and Joe doing good, I was surprised at how good I felt so soon after giving birth. Was obviously very sore and couldnt walk very well Shocked but mentally & emotionally I was back on track almost immediately! Joe is a hungry little mite and Im trying to get his feeding into a bit more of a routine at the moment. Ive been struggling with giving into giving him a dummy because Ive not been able to calm him down a few times recently, he always has his hands in his mouth, but he refuses more food Confused

How about you and Lewis? How is life as a mummy?

J x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
Fab idea Steph.

Glad that both of you are settling into bein a mummy. I too am surprised at how quickly I've felt fine after giving birth, took a bit of time mentally as I still kind of have some blame issues to deal with myself (even though nothing I could have done would have made his birth any different) but I'm getting to grips with that now. I went into work yesterday and everyone was amazed that I looked "normal" - I even fit back into my skinny jeans which I didn't expect to already.

I've given Cameron a dummy a few times, mainly between night feeds if he wakes up mega early for them, keeps him quiet for 45 mins or so. He's being a pickle at the moment, woke up for his 11am feed and didn't go back to sleep, just given his 3pm feed so hopefully he will go off in a bit! xxx

tummymonkey
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
I felt fab after the birth. i had to stop in over night because it was too late to be discharged, but i was up bright and early the next day with my make up done Very Happy !!! the nurses were laughing at me. Wink I'm back in my skinny jeans too!! i'm putting it down to BF. i have cried a few times, especially when he was a week old and i was thinking back to the birth, but not coz i'm sad. i think its just hormones!!

Lewis is sooooo greedy!! (just like his daddy!!) he's feeding every 2 hours!! the midwife and HV say just go with it and feed on demand, but thats easier said than done at 3am when he won't stop crying unless he's stuck to my breast!! lol. I have given him a dummy, the HV was very pro the dummy so i don't feel guilty.

Are you breast feeding or bottle?? Have you been out much with bubba?? i'm venturing out on my own for the 1st time 2moro to buy his daddy a b'day pressie!! I feel a bit anxoius about it and don't know why!!

What issues do you have sophie?? was the birth traumatic?? x x
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:18 pm 
Post subject:
Just read your birth story again!! I can imagine how upsetting that would be!! like you said though, there was nothing you could do and he was in safe hands!! i suppose its just the thought of what could have happened!! but don't beat yourself up about it hun, it won't effect cameron. x x
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Im back into my normal clothes too and going into work for first time tomorrow, looking forward to seeing everyone! Weve been out loads with Joe, weve been out for Sunday lunch and down to York and up to Metrocentre already! Got the hang of the buggy and car seat no problem now, it was a nightmare to begin with!

My hubby went back to work last Tuesday - he works away 2 weeks at a time - so Ive been completely on my own for a whole week now. Its flying by and Im coping ok but really looking forward to hubby coming home next week, I need a break !

J x
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies. It is strange to see that we have all got our babies and sounds like everyone is doing well. I had my little girl Evie 5 days early on 19th Feb. Got a bit of an infection in my stitches from episiotomy but back in my size 8 clothes and feeling great. Didn't realise being tired could be so hard and couldn't cope without my DH but it is all worth it in the end. I'm so in love with her!!!

sophied
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
I've been out a few times now - i've driven to bluewater to o shopping with my Mum twice (which was fine as Cam slept all the way in the car). Went out with hubby a few times when he was home - hope your first time out alone was fine Steph.

I am bottle feeding - I really wanted to breast feed especially with Cam in special care I felt that was the one thing I could do for him unfortunately I didn't get any milk for the whole 5 days I was in hospital - I was using the expressing machine every 3 hours day and night and holding cam to my breast when I was able to hold him but the milk never came. The midwife's and I decided that it was best to bottle feed as I wasn't getting any milk yet, I still don't actually think that any came in for some reason, I never had any leakage and not even the tiniest sign of milk when trying to express. I don't feel bad now about not being able to breast feed and maybe if I had kept at it my milk would have come in but a happy mummy makes a happy baby and it was just stressing me out even more. I'm going to speak to the doctor about it in case there is a problem - I know that a very tiny amount of women don't produce milk - knowing my luck i'm in that percentage!

jbtrying - its quite scarey being on your own for the first time isn't it - when my hubby went back to work my Mum came over the next wek every day so this week has been the first week on my own - its actually gone quite well but its still scarey!

Snoopy I hope your infection has cleared up.

Its good to see that we are all doing so well and enjoying being mummies! xxxx

meandmyboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls can i join too i had my wee man on the 24th of feb cannot belive that he is 10 days old already i am the same as you all feeling great and back in my normal clothes (even been thinking about sex) everyone keeps saying to me oh my god you are back on your feet what are we supposed to do lie in bed lol
it makes you feel good when people say you look amazing

anyway glad you are all ok hope you are enjoying your babies xx Very Happy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
LOL Sammy I thought the same - people are amazed that you are up and doing things, its been like that all through pregnancy for me too - its kind of like people expect you to look like poop and be like a zombie and hardly be able to do anything when you've had a baby!

Hope you are all enjoyin the sunshine - we are going to feed Cameron in a bit and then take him to the park for a bit of fresh air! x

meandmyboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:34 pm 
Post subject:
it is a lovley day here too think we might go for a wee walk too our park is rubbish tho but gets us all out for fresh air.

think it is quite funny when people look amazed when we are out and about lol xx Very Happy
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Still can't believe I am a mum, did they really let me take that precious thing home with me to look after? Such a responsibility. The first few days have been really hard, but it is starting to get better. Just having a problem with her not wanting to sleep in the moses basket at night. So far nothing I have tried has worked. I put her in and 5 mins later she is crying.... she'll sleep fine in my arms, but then of course, I can't! I know it will get better, and generally I feel very well despite the lack of sleep!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Kyriane

Proud mum of Alyssa Marie - 1 week old today!
tummymonkey
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 pm 
Post subject:
hey girls, well apart from forgetting how to collapse the pushchair Shocked and standing in the car park looking silly for a min!! lol, my trip out went very well. i went to the bullring and i even BF in starbucks Shocked !!! i've been out loads now and don't feel at all anxious.

how you getting on in the nyt?? lewis is going about 5 and a half hrs which i think is quite good! does your bubba get hiccups?? lewis gets them everyday. lol

hi kyriane, glad your doing well. fingers crossed we all get a good nights sleep soon.lol

have you done it yet 21sammy?? Wink i've been thinking about it too but haven't done anything yet!!! Laughing

hey snoopya, lovely to see you on here and glad evie is doing well.

love to all the feb yummy mummies!!! lets hope more feb mummies join us soon x x x
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular