Soy Isoflavones anyone?! (Nature's Clomid!!)

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:58 am 
Post subject: Soy Isoflavones anyone?! (Nature's Clomid!!)
Just wondered if anyone has used/heard of soy isoflavones for TTC at all?
Lou (Sunshine) mentioned it at end of last year and have justed started looking into it properly myself seen as tho I have a 3 mth wait for any help.

When TTC you should avoid soy, but if you take it as you would clomid (5 days at beg of cycle) then it has the same effect as clomid.
I've been reading other forums (don't worry, not going to any of them Laughing ) like baby and bump and verity and there has been a lot of success with it, a lot of ladies been ttc for 2 yrs then have gotten their bfp on 1st or 2nd go with it. There was a few that Clomid didn't work for them at all but the soy did.

So I am def giving it a go, but just waiting to see if af/bfp arrives on 15th before I give any more money to H & B!!

This is a bit of info on it -
http://www.twoweekwait.com/newsletter/2006-01/

xx

Last edited by xxVictoriaxx on Tue May 11, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:19 am 
Post subject:
that info looks really good Vic and think i'll give it a try next month too, anything worth a go and all. I'm due on 12th and have no unusual symptoms so get some ready for when af starts x
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:28 am 
Post subject:
Anything is worth a try hun!! We're due similar time, mine should be here by 15th and feeling nothing so far. How are your cycles at the mo?

This is the one I'm getting -
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1448&prodid=1368

It's 55mg and you are supposed to take double the dose of clomid, 50 mg worked ok for me so I'm taking 2 soy per day giving 110mg.

Hopefully it'll be bfp nex wk! But if not I'm really looking forward to giving this a go, reading all the stories has given me loads of hope it will work. xx

Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:52 am 
Post subject:
hopefully it will be another 36 day cycle month but never got a real positive opk but strongest on 28th feb, so gonna count that for this month as ov, so around 7dpo today but not feeling confident apart from af showing. Last months af was lighter but still lasted 2 weeks! Gonna temp next month and try the soy supplement, what days are you gonna start 1 to 5?
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
that looks interesting vic, think ill give it a bash nxt cycle! x
xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:59 am 
Post subject:
I've found a much better supplement from boots, it's only 50p more but they are 100mg of Soy so only need 1 tablet per day, plus you can do 3 for 2 on vits and get pre natals too Very Happy

http://www.boots.com/en/Menopace-Plus-56-tablets-2-x-28-dual-pack-_1221/

The Soy is in the active botanicals tablet, so I'll give the other tablets to my Mum (hope she's not offended Laughing )

With the days to take them, I took clomid on cd 2-6, but most of the success stories with Soy seem to be coming from taking them later cd3-7 and even 5-9 as it's supposed to give you a stonger Ov. So I'm gonna give it a go at cd 3-7.

Good luck!! Quite excited about taking it now xx

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:02 am 
Post subject:
thanx vic defo gona give it a go nxt cycle! x
xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 am 
Post subject:
Good luck hun and hope it works for you!! We'll have to start a Soy buddies thread Laughing can see how we get on and how successful it is. xx

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:42 am 
Post subject:
that looks really good - I will be looking into it later Razz xx

xxxmichellexxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Vic,

We are not going to need it!! This month is the month for our BFP im sure. We are due to test roughly the same time and it's already been a great month for some so why not us!
(However, i might give it a go too along with the sperm meets egg plan part 2, epo, one full fat yoguart daily, no caffiene and the lunar phase cycle. Somethings got to work right??)
xx

Laura77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
Went to H&B and found the Estroven. I figure I've tried every other nutritional supplement why not this one! It's a multivitamin at the end of the day, contains folic acid and so on which we need anyway. Fingers crossed! Good luck girls!

Victoria - I think the soy thread has already started! Cool
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:21 am 
Post subject:
Good positive thoughts there Griggie!! I'm actually feeling positive too, don't think this will be my month but I'm very hopeful it will be next!! Like you say, has to be us at some point so why not now?! Hopefully you'll get your bfp on Sunday, but if not that sounds like a plan you have there Wink

Laura, didn't think there'd be many trying it, so think the thread has def started Laughing
When are you starting it hun? AF should be here by mon at the latest, so I'll be starting probably by next weds/thurs.

Good luck to us all!! xx

Just to point out that although soy is a natural supplement, because it does the same thing as clomid, to be on the safe side I am sticking to 3-6 cycles of it before having a break of 2-3 cycles (Although I'm hoping my bfp will be here long before that!)
With clomid there have been some studies to suggest that it could increase the risk of ovarian cancer in later life if used for more than 12 cycles.
But being natural, the side effects are much less than the clomid so the chances are it hasn't got any of the nastier potential side effects with prolonged use but best not to risk it. The good thing is that it doesn't seem to have an effect on drying up ewcm like clomid can, so that's a big bonus!!!

Laura77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
Started it with two capsules on Monday (cd3). Will take them alongside EPO (read info, it says no neg interactions found). Unfortunately I'm going for my nasty hysteriogram (the blocked tubes test) on Friday and need to start antibiotics on Thursday which always give me thrush! If that's the case, then there won't be any bd'ing next week anyway! It's never simple is it!? Oh well, giving it a go anyways, here's hoping! x
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
i just seen another lady get a bfp with it first cycle on verity after ttc for a long time! x

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:42 am 
Post subject:
I've just read that story Blondie, the lady was trying for 5 years and had had all sorts of treatment (unsuccessfully), then 1st round of Soy and she got her BFP! Amazing!!

Laura- how's it going so far for you?

Has anyone else started it yet? I went and bought my Soy yesterday as I'm 99% sure I'm not preg and af will be here by monday. So looking forwards to starting it soon. xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to:  

Community

Popular