Soy Isoflavones anyone?! (Nature's Clomid!!)

Laura77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls. I am on the fifth day of taking 2 x 55mg per day. I'm going to take an extra dose today as many of the reports suggested taking up to 200mg daily. I've not had any noticeable side effects so far, however, I'm now on antibiotics and had the hysterosalpingogram (HSG) this morning (AWFUL!!!). Need to ttc next week as much as possible...fingers crossed!

Victoria - which Soy Isoflavones did you buy in the end?

Good luck everyone!
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:52 am 
Post subject:
Good luck Laura! I heard it's good to take an extra dose towards the end. Hope it dose the trick for you and have fun bd'ing!! Very Happy
Have you been taking it in the evening? I did that with clomid to lessen the side effects but kept waking up in the night with the hot flushes! So not sure if I'll take it in the eve this time.

Well AF arrived last night so I'll be starting the soy on monday, will prob take an extra dose on day 4 and 5. I got the ones from boots -
http://www.boots.com/en/Menopace-Plus-56-tablets-2-x-28-dual-pack-_1221/

Not sure whether to take 200mg on day 4 & 5 or whether to buy the 55mg ones too and take 155mg on those days. Altho might be able to cut the ones I've got in half...... I'll have to check.

Wishing everyone luck!!
xx

Laura77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:03 am 
Post subject:
I took one 55mg in the morning and one at night. I didn't get hot flushes but had a continuous mild headache the past few days (I don't get headaches often, so I reckon it was the soy) I took an extra one yesterday afternoon so that's it. Still a bit sore from yesterday's HSG but it's only cd8, I've got a few more days before proper 'go time'. Good luck!
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:05 am 
Post subject:
Probably headaches are from the soy as I got them with the clomid. Good luck!! xx

JemimaCl
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:26 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, I have just ordered from boots so I will be joining you - I'm still waiting for af to show though, I did another test this morning but still bfn. At least I have a plan for next month when she finally arrives!! Good luck to everyone. x
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
well i think af is gonna be here anytime as i've started to spot. For once though not completely gutted as glad she now here so i can start the soy. I'm going to take a trip to boots tomorrow and then read up a bit more about best day to start and all. I think your right Vic and we should have a soy sticky for all of us who are gonna try it there next cycle and test dates to see what the result rate is like for us all x
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
Glad there's quite a few of us now but I do hope af does stay away for you both so no need for the soy!
But when af arrived for me yesterday wasn't too disappointed either as quite excited about the soy! It's given me a new positive attitude to ttc and also OH said he was sorry when he realised af had arrived (he was too tired on the vital day!!) So he's gonna make more effort this cycle. Wink
Be interesting to see how well the soy works, I'll see if they'll let us have a sticky or we could just keep bumping this one up. Good luck!! xx

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:13 pm 
Post subject:
well af turned up unexpected a week early this morning so iv been out and got my soy isoflavones so i am gona take it cd3-8 the i think my tables are 750mg how many do i take? i havnt been on clomid b4 so dont know how to work out what dose i should take! x

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
just read bk through post have i got the wrong ones on the nutritional info it says each capsule contains 750mg but that seems really high???

Laura77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
xxblondiexx wrote:
just read bk through post have i got the wrong ones on the nutritional info it says each capsule contains 750mg but that seems really high???

I only looked at Estroven which is a multivitamin containing 55mg of Soy Isoflavones in each capsule. I think the soy isoflavones on their own have 750mg. The reports I've found recommended up to 200mg of them to help with fertility. The same reports say too much soy is counterproductive.

If anyone is seeing an herbalist in the near future, it might be something they know about. I will try to see my acupuncturist in the next couple of weeks, she's quite hot on fertility treatments but hasn't mentioned the soy yet.

Cool
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
ok think iv figured it out i think each 750mg capsule contains 23mg of isoflavones?

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, well after hearing so much about the goodness of Soy Isoflavones, im willing to give them a go next cycle, providing I dont get prescribed anything from the Fertility Clinic.

The only thing I would like to ask you ladies, is obviously as I have pretty regular cycles...taking the Soy wont affect those will it?? xx

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:47 am 
Post subject:
iv taken my first soy today (cd3) are you due to start taking yours today vic? anyone else started today or recently? x

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:08 pm 
Post subject:
xXSiobhanTTCno1Xx wrote:
Hi ladies, well after hearing so much about the goodness of Soy Isoflavones, im willing to give them a go next cycle, providing I dont get prescribed anything from the Fertility Clinic.

The only thing I would like to ask you ladies, is obviously as I have pretty regular cycles...taking the Soy wont affect those will it?? xx

There is a chance it could mess it up, but that could also happen with the clomid as you said the clinic may put you on that. But I was reading a thread on another forum yesterday (about 80 bl oody pages Shocked ) one lady had regular afs but had been ttc for over 2 yrs with only one bfp (mc at 9 wks), she did 1st round of soy and was so p!ssed off as it delayed ov by 10 days, BUT she ended up getting her bfp!! She's about 30 wks now. If it did mess up your cycle it would be a pain trying to figure out when you're going to ov but it certainly won't mess your chances of getting a bfp! Just like clomid, it seems to make a stronger ovulation - i.e better size/quality egg.
Good luck if you do decide to give it a go! xx

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
xxblondiexx wrote:
iv taken my first soy today (cd3) are you due to start taking yours today vic? anyone else started today or recently? x

Good luck Blondie, are you taking 4 or 5 tablets a day if you have 23 mg?

I'm supposed to be starting today too as also on cd3 but I'm not sure now as I have to have a 21 day blood test. I'm worried that if I ov cos of the soy then they'll think I ov on my own, when I don't till at least cd50/60 usually. So I'm really not sure what to do, if the bloods show I've ov'd then they might not help me out Confused Obviously hoping the soy will work and have very high hopes for it, but if it doesn't I'm on my own.
Could send my sis to have the 21 day bloods for me Laughing (only kidding!)
Still got a few hrs to decide as not taking it until the eve anyway. xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 2 of 37

Jump to:  

Community

Popular