Soy Isoflavones anyone?! (Nature's Clomid!!)

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
im gona try 4 this cycle! humm i would be tempted to leave off the soy untill you have had ur bloods done then if the soy doesnt work 4 u at least u dont screw up ur chances of getting any help? iv got 6weeks untill nxt fertility appointment so if soy hasnt worked by then hopefully should be getting clomid! hopeing that something will work for me felt really posative about it all last month but feeling like its a million miles away at the moment Crying or Very sad

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
Aww I know how it feels Sad but 6 wks will fly by and hopefully they will offer some help, altho FX the soy will work 1st time for you!
I think you are right and it's best to leave the soy this cycle, as much as I really really want to do it! But an extra cycle won't hurt, it's all about what's best in the long run.
I've got provera that the cons gave me so my plan is that if I have no signs of ov by the time I have my blood test on CD21 I'm going to take that and I'll be able to bring on af and start the Soy much sooner!
Good luck Blondie and good luck to everyone else. FX the Soy works it's magic with you all 1st go. If there's anyone left, I'll be joining you all soon! xx

xxxmichellexxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Girls.

Blondie, i'm with you, took my first two tablets a couple of hours ago, had a nightmare finding them, had to buy tablets for menopause that contained them from boots, dragged my dh backwards and forwards from h&b to boots three or four time deciding!! (poor guy!)

I do agree VC that i wouldn't want to mess up my results either, but i have to say that my 21 day bloods came back normal this week, so i checked in the with the docs this morning, she said that everything seemed normal and so i should be getting pg. Gave me a form to get an app for fertility clinic. (just book an app for that in ten days time!!)
Whether your oving or not, they should get you checked out!.
x

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
VictoriaC wrote:
xXSiobhanTTCno1Xx wrote:
Hi ladies, well after hearing so much about the goodness of Soy Isoflavones, im willing to give them a go next cycle, providing I dont get prescribed anything from the Fertility Clinic.

The only thing I would like to ask you ladies, is obviously as I have pretty regular cycles...taking the Soy wont affect those will it?? xx

There is a chance it could mess it up, but that could also happen with the clomid as you said the clinic may put you on that. But I was reading a thread on another forum yesterday (about 80 bl oody pages Shocked ) one lady had regular afs but had been ttc for over 2 yrs with only one bfp (mc at 9 wks), she did 1st round of soy and was so p!ssed off as it delayed ov by 10 days, BUT she ended up getting her bfp!! She's about 30 wks now. If it did mess up your cycle it would be a pain trying to figure out when you're going to ov but it certainly won't mess your chances of getting a bfp! Just like clomid, it seems to make a stronger ovulation - i.e better size/quality egg.
Good luck if you do decide to give it a go! xx

Thanks hun, I have decided that as my appointment is only 2 weeks away and AF is due towards the end of this week, I will hold of this month and see what the fertility clinic say. If they dont give me anything then without a shadow of a doubt I will be giving them a go xx

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
griggle fx it works how long is your cycle normaly? x

xxxmichellexxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya.

My cycle is about 28 days at the mo, will have to keep an eye, on how each other is doing.

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
mine too so we will be due to test at the same time Laughing

xxxmichellexxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
This is the second day i've been taking them, had slight cramping in my ovaries, I guess they are getting ready to produce that big fat egg!!
BFPs to all. x

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
my 3rd day today havnt felt and side effects or anything different! x

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies, I didn't take it in the end, decided it was more important to get an accurate blood test. Can't wait to take it next cycle tho (altho hopefully bfp before!). Good luck and have Fxd you all get the 1st soy bfps!! xx

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
i dont blame u vic, fx u get ur bfp this cycle any way or if not this a soy bfp nxt!
hopefully we can start a soy bfp trend! x

Laura77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
Well, did 5 days on 2 x 55mg soy (threw in a third on day 5) and now on cd12 - bd time Very Happy ! Had an HSG done on Friday and have been told by several people (here and elsewhere) that HSG often helps with fertility! Soy and the HSG together...surely I can't go wrong! How is everyone else doing with it?
Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:22 am 
Post subject:
Crikey girls, never mind a boob job, get yourself some soy flavones!, i'm sure mine are swelling.
I've been taking 2 x 40mg daily as i ov quite well (didn't want to mess it up!) Have been feeling crampy like af, slight headache today and def something going on with my boobs.
Don't know whether to up the dosage the last two days, have read overdoing it can stop ov altogether!
x

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:25 am 
Post subject:
fx for you too laura, i dont feel any side effects or any different still, hope that doesnt mean its not working Crying or Very sad
did u have any side effects etc laura? x

xxxmichellexxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:51 am 
Post subject:
Ignore my post about the boobs. They are fine today, must have just put in some extra effort in the gym Rolling Eyes
Still feel a bit crampy though! took an extra tablet today so will see what that does. Looking forward to coming off them though, the night sweats are a pain!!
x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 3 of 37

Jump to:  

Community

Popular