Soy Isoflavones anyone?! (Nature's Clomid!!)

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:56 am 
Post subject:
Laura 77 I temp and the first month I tried soy (cd1-5) I noticed lower temps before ov and then higher than normal temps after ov and I ov'd a couple of days earlier than I had been doing. Then the second month I took it (cd3-7) my temps were normal before ov but a bit lower than normal after ov, but I ov'd on cd15 again, when it would normally be 16-17 ( or even later a few times over previous months ) Don't know if the difference is because of the days I took it ?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:12 am 
Post subject:
Well I've decided after going completely natural last month, no soy , no temps , no opk's etc, that i'm going to try soy again this month. It's month six of ttc and if no joy this month i'm off to the GP (i'm 41 and have had a reversal so I was told to try for 6 months before seeing GP )
I'm a bit wary because my cycle seemed to go a bit weird after the last time , and I had some crazy temps the first half of the following month , but I had taken soy for two days and then stopped and switched to Agnus castus which may have made things worse, BUT !!! that month I ov'd on cd16 and at 10dpo got a faint second line on a hpt , which unfortunately wasn't repeated and started spotting on cd32 and had a very strange loss on cd33 which i'm pretty sure was a chemical , so that ties in with what a lot of women find who don't actually get a bfp while taking soy/clomid but then get one the month they stop taking it , so will take it this cycle and then not next cycle (GP may want to repeat some blood tests ) and see what happens .
Does anyone know if you can take evening primrose oil with soy, I know I've seen someone ask it before but can't find the reply ?
I'm doing cd5-9 this time in the hope of a good quality egg and also eating a high protein diet as it's supposed to give you better quality eggs Laughing
FX and good luck Ladies x
Laura77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
nat70 wrote:
Laura 77 I temp and the first month I tried soy (cd1-5) I noticed lower temps before ov and then higher than normal temps after ov and I ov'd a couple of days earlier than I had been doing. Then the second month I took it (cd3-7) my temps were normal before ov but a bit lower than normal after ov, but I ov'd on cd15 again, when it would normally be 16-17 ( or even later a few times over previous months ) Don't know if the difference is because of the days I took it ?

That sounds similar to me. My temps since ov have been just slightly lower than normal, now 13dpo and temps still up, but don;t feel any preg symptoms whatsoever, just big and sore (.)(.).

Good luck! Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:39 am 
Post subject:
It sort of makes sense to see lower temps with soy I suppose with it increasing your Oestrogen levels , mines quite low this morning and I only took my first dose yesterday so it must be working already Laughing the times that I did get pregnant I never felt any different until 5-6weeks, makes me wonder why I can't stop symptom spotting now Rolling Eyes Laughing FX you get you BFP x
AshleyMac
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
i know this question has already been asked but has the soy worked for all of you is it worth trying??
EMZxoxo
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:43 am 
Post subject:
Going for it this month....got AF this morning so I'm gonna take this quantity from what i have been advised and reading up

My cycles are 28 days so from CD3

CD3 - 4 pills (total 92mg soy)
CD4 - as above
CD5 - as above
CD6 - 5 pills (total 115mg soy)
CD7 - 6 pills (total 138mg soy)

I will let you all know,

How are you all getting on? xxx
Fluffy2
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I took it last month for the first time. My cycle have been anything from 30 days (which I assume is an ovulatory month) to 42 days (assume annovulatory) since a m/c 2 years ago. All test cames back ok - unexplained infertility. Took clomid for 3 cycles and got 30 days then 34 days then 30 days again so I ovulated but no bfp Sad

Took soy last month and for the first time ever I got a positive opk on day 14. Got af on day 30 so must have ovulated on day 16.

Bit worried though about what I have read about taking soy if you do ovulate anyway (I do but only sometimes) - can do more harm than good and even cause birth defects???? Anyone know anything about this ?
EMZxoxo
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:03 pm 
Post subject:
well obviously thats the thing...no one really knows do they as its not like the pregnancies have gone that far yet as its relatively new, but i did read about avoiding it when you are pregnant and obviously taken for ttc you take it early in the cycle anyway.
StayWithUsPrecious
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
has anybody took soy tablets without going to your gp first or using clomid? Any advise as i have bought menopace plus today and going to start them tonight Smile i have nt been to a gp or used clomid x x
EMZxoxo
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hey am in exactly same situation as you starting tonight, x
StayWithUsPrecious
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
im excited about taking them but nervous and worried at the same time Smile as its al new to me, i hope they work and i get a bfp will mean the world. As long as the tablets dont harm the baby. Im glad were in the same boat as we can talk to each other and share experiences Smile let me no how you get on emz x x
Fluffy2
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, no sorry I wasn't suggesting takeing it whilst pregnant. I take mine like clomid days 4-8. I just read that if you take it (like clomid) when you already ovulate, it can cause birth defects (should you get pregnant). I think it's only to be taken if you have problems ovulating otherwise it can do more hamr than good. I have taken it for the last two months and just done a bit more research to find this out so a bit unsure now.....Having said that, I have heard lots of success stories so.....
StayWithUsPrecious
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:05 am 
Post subject:
EMZxoxo how u getting on with soy tablets? X x
starshaped
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:19 am 
Post subject: hey girlies
when @i was researching what supplements to take I read alot of bad things about soy are there any downsides to it does anyone know? I'm not taking it yet just folic acid + omega and its my first month ttc so pretty early on but im just wondering what exactly its supposed to do?

baby dust to all Smile Mwah! xxxx
starshaped
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:42 pm 
Post subject: ??
did you say you ovulate normally on cd 50/60? I thought there could only be 45days max in a cycle?? sorry if this sounds silly but im a little confused Question lol xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 34 of 37

Jump to:  

Community

Popular