Soy Isoflavones anyone?! (Nature's Clomid!!)

TTC1stbaby
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
I am giving soy isoflavones a try this month. I know clomid can give false positives on opk. Is it common to get false positives with soy with opk and hpt as well?
Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:36 pm 
Post subject:
TTC1stbaby wrote:
I am giving soy isoflavones a try this month. I know clomid can give false positives on opk. Is it common to get false positives with soy with opk and hpt as well?

I never did Smile Good Luck x

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:29 am 
Post subject:
I am trying soy his cycle. I missed cd3 so started cd4 instead. I normally ov around cd36 so hoping the soy can help me!! I am still on af at the moment but have the same abdo ache I get 2 weeks before I ov so am hoping that it has started to do something already. I don't get af cramps anymore strangely enough so I know the abdo pain isn't from that. Anyway, anyone else trying the soy? Goodluck x
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
So have taken my 3rd lot of the soy and nothing! still got the abdo pain but no other side effects or anything and af is still here.....
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:46 am 
Post subject:
ok so its CD10 and my temp has dropped down to 35.9 which doesn't normally happen until CD26 for me so maybe ov will come sooner?? My cm has changed too from dry to a tiny bit wet today and normally I will get wet cm for a week and then ewcm so fingers crossed the soy is doing it's job. I am also taking metformin and was doing the whole dose at night but since CD4 I have split the dose am and pm so that could also be the reason for my temp going down sooner?? Anyway, yesterday I couldn't take any met because I ran out so today I am going to take a higher dose and keep taking it until I do ov Smile

I really want to be pregnant within the next 3 months but things never work out how you want them normally lol!!

No one else doing soy at the moment?
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:37 am 
Post subject:
I'm not doing soy at the moment but I've done it quuite a few times , i found agnus castus actually worked better for shortening my cycles than soy, that could be a bit hit and miss and sometimes it would be a bit shorter and others it was longer Question
What i have found totally by accident whilst taking it for something else, is a chinese herb called Dong Quai which seems to make me ov at cd 13 Shocked as my normal cycles are 30/31 days with ov around cd 16/17 it was a bit of a shock the first month taking it Shocked Laughing and it doesn't give me any side effects at all and makes me less moody in the 2ww whereas soy gave me loads of pregnancy symptoms in the 2ww and drove me nuts Laughing
FX you ov sooner though , it does sound promising and lots of women find soy does make them ov earlier, I found it could sneak up on me a bit more with the soy and my CBFM didn't give me as many high days first as normal xx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun, I tried AC and it had no affect on me whatsoever so then the Doctor gave me metformin to try (this was last pg). The Dong Quai sounds good especially if it makes you less moody - I def need some of that lol!! I always get really bad moods the week before ov for about 2 weeks!!
Good luck x
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:00 pm 
Post subject:
ooh since I last wrote my nips have gone all tingly and I have a pain in my left abdo!!!!! Laughing hoping thats my ovary getting ready to mature a nice little eggy Laughing
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
I started soy isos this month. I am on cd 17 and I am having really bad side and admoninal cramps, lots of cm and lately have been having hot flashes. Has anyone else experienced this when taking soy iso? I started them on CD #3 took 3 40mg pills 1 with each meal. CD #4 took 3 40 mg pills, DC #5 took 4, CD #6 took 2, CD #7 took 3 pills. I was burnt out of using OPKs and didn't use any until CD # 14. They are showing only the control line. I have never had this happen before. Is this an effect of the soy?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:12 am 
Post subject:
I had hot flushes on soy TTC1stbaby, was a pain in the backside, i would wake up sweating throw the covers off, go back to sleep and then wake up freezing Rolling Eyes Laughing the side cramping could well be from your ovary, i tended to get more ovary twinges and earlier in my cycle when i took it , is it possible you could have ov'd already if you're getting blank OPK's now ? As I find abdo cramps tend to happen in the days after ov for me and the ovary pains can often carry on after ov too (as the corpus luteum grows)
Although I found with my OPK's they could go from barely there to a positive very quickly with the soy instead of rising gradually, one month they went from hardly a line at 6:30 am to a strong pos at 8am Shocked I only tested again on a whim as well Laughing so it's worth keeping on testing xx
Allowicious i found the Dong Quai great and I was taking it for scarring in my tube didn't even know it could help with ov until i realised how early i'd ov'd and googled it and found loads of women saying it really helped with their cycles and it worked first month with me as well Question and anything that helps with PMT is definately good in our house Embarassed Laughing xx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:25 pm 
Post subject:
CD12 and still have abdo pains and funny tingly nips lol!! My cm has changed a bit to slightly wet so I know that that ov isn't far away. I don't think I have had any side effects from the soy other than getting my pre-ov bad moods a little earlier. No hot flashes or sweating or anything like that.
I will see if my local pharmacy has the dong quai in his health shop, I might get some to try cos I am evil when I get a bad mood Smile
My calculations say that I should ov on Sunday but to be honest I think it will be a bit later than that. My DH has a swimmers test on saturday just to see if they have decreased or not as his last test was back in 2009 (20mil and 20% motility). please please please hope they haven't decreased!
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:59 am 
Post subject:
I have def got some twinging going on in the ovary area, hoping it will mean I will ov soon Smile
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:20 am 
Post subject:
CD19 and nothing yet so I guess it didn't work and I will ov around cd36 as per usual Sad
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:40 am 
Post subject:
I'm having the same thing with taking the DHEA this month Sad very annoying isn't it Rolling Eyes (it raises your oestrogen like soy just in a different way) with the Dong quai alone I ov'd on cd13 but now taking it with the DHEA it's been more like doing soy with my opk's getting stronger then weaker and getting watery cm early then it going away then coming back again Rolling Eyes thought ov was imminent on friday(pain bloating ewcm etc.) but then no sign Rolling Eyes and the twinges stopped and the cm went, but as of last night suddenly got lots of ewcm and my cervix is a lot softer , finally got more opk's this morning and one from 6:30's pee sample has a line but faintish but the fresh one I just did has a much better line so it looks like things are getting going and i could get my surge later Question , my conclusion from all this is that cp is probably the best way to tell how close ov is ,better than opk's or ewcm even, don't know if you've tried checking but once you know what you're looking for it seems to be the best , most consistant sign I've found Question You could still ov a lot earlier than usual though , so I'd keep an eye out for signs and maybe try checking your cp Question just to make sure you don't miss it as it can sneak up with soy (and also with DHEA apparently Rolling Eyes Laughing )good luck xx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Oh its all very confusing Smile I can't check my cervix position because I can't reach. I remember a Dr telling me I have a long vagina so maybe thats why?? Embarassed

I have the start of ewcm today so reckon I will ov in about 5 days and I am on CD24 today which would put ov around CD29 which is not unheard of for me so the soy definitley failed to shorten my cycle but it did help to bring my temperature down quicker. I think that my right ovary has stopped working because I always seem to have pains in my left one before I ov, so I reckon thats the reason my cycles are long because the right one tries and fails and so the left one then has a go and usually works!! I will try it on the next 2 cycles and then will stop if it hasn't worked.
Page 36 of 37

Jump to:  

Community

Popular