Soy Isoflavones anyone?! (Nature's Clomid!!)

mrsdragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:37 am 
Post subject: first month trying SI
Has anyone had luck trying SI? If so what amount and days did you try?
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:49 am 
Post subject:
I have tried it and took it from cycle days 3-7 and took these http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Womens_Health_And_Family_Planning/Tesco_Soya_Isoflavones_30.html
I think I took 3 tablets a day

Very Happy
Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I haven't been on here for a long, long time but as I got the whole soy isoflavone idea from this post I thought I'd add my story.

I have PCOS and had no periods for 9 months - didn't ovulate AT ALL Sad after I came off the pill. I did track my temp and my body would have tiny peaks & troughs so was trying, but just not quite managing.

In May 2010 I took one and a half soy tablets from the Vitabiotics Menopace Plus pack (didn't take the vitamins) on days 4-8 of my cycle after induced period with tablets from dr. I meant to do days 3-7, but took the vitamin by accident the first day and didnt realist until the day after... doh!

I got my bfp at the beginning of june after a very clear ovulation peak in my temps. I supplemented the first 12 weeks with natural progesterone cream I bought from Serenity online. I only used very tiny amounts twice a day.

My baby girl was born on 22.2.11 and is perfect Smile . I don't think I would have her if it wasn't for the soy isoflavones. I did spend a lot of time on the internet & thought very carefully before deciding that the soy & progesterone cream combination was right for me to try. I'm sure it won't be right for everyone, but wanted to share.

Good luck to you all & sending lots & lots of baby dust your way xxx
StayWithUsPrecious
Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
after coming off the pill i didnt ov either so thought it was worth a try

i took menopace cd 5-9, that month of taking soy i didnt ov but the cycle after i did ov and got a bfp. I took soy for 2 cycles both cd 5-9 i would just like to say it might not work for everyone and be very careful if you do decide to take and read up on it x
LilyLadybug
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:11 am 
Post subject:
Going to give soy isoflavones a try next month. Just bought my menopause(LMAO) pills today!
Will surely be back with questions soon.
I'm on Twitter : @MotherOneDay
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:18 am 
Post subject:
There's a group of us in IVF and sterilisation section trying soy this month , any questions ask away Laughing I just got my surge overnight on day 14/15 which is a great improvement on last months cd18 Laughing I took 200mg of the tesco soy on cd1-5 , I only took so much because I've taken it before and it didn't work xx
Rachel530
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I am new to this forum..any forum really! I just bought my SI this morning and plan to start in a few days. I'm awaiting AF any day now and will start SI on CD 2-6 probably 160 mg. Let's keep in touch those starting this month!
LilyLadybug
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:16 pm 
Post subject:
AF got me today so officially about to start a new cycle and try soy isoflavones for the first time!
I've been reading most women take it cd1-5. I usually seem to ovulate cd25, would I still take SI that early in my cycle? I've read some women take it a bit later cd 3-8.

Also (sorry if this has been covered a dozen times, Im struggling to read all 35 pages on my iPhone)
How much do I have to take?
I have read about 150-200mg a day is recommended. The menopause pill I bought say they contain 20000mg! Shocked
Word for word from packet "soy bean (glycine max) seed (20g) 20000mg. Standardized to contain isoflavone glycosides calculated as genistin and daidzin 30mg".

The pills also contain black cohash, damiana, Vit D3, calcium and magnesium.
Have I bought the right thing? I could find any bottles just labelled soy isoflavones.
Question
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:02 am 
Post subject:
Lilyladybug not sure if the black cohosh is a good idea while ttc, the 30mg is the actual Isoflavone content so you'd need to take a few to get the right dose and then could get too much of the other ingredients, the tesco soy isoflavones are good as they only contain the soy and are 40mg per capsule
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=260787407
These are the ones the reversal ladies on the soy thread in IVF section are taking ,
If you ov late soy can bring it forward especially if you take it cd 1-5 which is partly why I did that as I've been ov'ing anything from cd19 to 22 recently and this month it was cd16 Smile (cd3-8 made me ov later)If your taking it for the first time then 80mg should be enough and then you up it next month if it doesn't help to maybe 120mg , Good luck xx
LilyLadybug
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:07 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the advice Nat! Very Happy Looks like I'll might have to find some SI online, couldn't see if the store from that link ships to Australia. Question
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:24 am 
Post subject:
Ahh you're in australia ,if you can get amazon deliveries there they sell isoflavones xx
LilyLadybug
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:10 am 
Post subject:
After a bit of trouble with Amazon on my iphone i Googled "soy idoflavone Australia" (don't know why I didn't try that sooner!) Came across a discussion on an Aussie forum about what women were using.
I've now bought some of these http://www.blackmores.com.au/products/phytolife
Which just contain 50mg soy isoflavones and some calcium. Should be much more suitable. Going to start taking them tonight, cd2.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:11 am 
Post subject:
They sound ideal, good luck xx
Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
Right...
just been an bought soy from hoilland n barrat. They are 750mg, how many do i take it says 2-3 on the packet? Im taking them cd 3-7 Smile
Also got epo an some chesty cough medicine to help cm Laughing xx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
Finally got my af after 4 months of none, so gonna try soy not sure if days 2 to 6 or 3 to 7 to take them.
Page 35 of 37

Jump to:  

Community

Popular