No luck trying to conceive

Rosie23
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:11 pm 
Post subject: No luck trying to conceive
Hi

Been trying for over a year to conceive but never had a BFP. Feels like there's so many people I know falling pregnant and now both my best friends are. Instead of feeling happy for them, I got upset when I found out their good news. Feel bad for feeling this way but would have been so good to have our babies around the same time and I just keep thinking its not going to happen for me. Im due to go for the hyscosy test to check my fallopian tubes in September and then it will be Ivf. I do have a short luteal phase and usually start spotting about 8 days after ovulation. My Doctor says this is normal but everything I read on the internet says it will make it hard to conceive so im really confused! Anyway just had to get this off my chest.
Jane2524
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:52 am 
Post subject:
Hi, Rosie23

First of all, u shouldn't give up and keep thinking about bad things. I know it sounds not very persuasive and u've been trying for over a year but your mood and expectations mean a lot. I realize it's hard to be positive and don't be upset. But as I understood your doctor didn't say that you wouldn't be able to get pregnant naturally at all. Even more, it's not clear yet. Hycosy test isn't done yet. So don't give in.
And have u thought about possibility of psychological infertility?? An extreme desire of getting pregnant can be one of the reasons of such a "disease". So maybe u r concentrated on this issue so much that pregnancy doesn't occur at all...
And about IVF... Have u thought it through already or u've just found out about this possibility?
Rosie23
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:26 am 
Post subject:
Hello Jane

Thanks for your email. No ive not really heard about psychological infertility. Would some sort of therapy help with that? The Doctor said that after the hycosy test then I can be put on the waiting list for Ivf. I only know one person who has tried ivf but they have had about 3 failed attempts so im not really sure what the success rate is with it. Have you had any troubles trying to conceive?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular