March 2010 Mummies

looby82
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:40 am 
Post subject:
hi hope everyone is ok! how you feeling abi?

18 and half weeks pregnant, it is flying by this time with having amelia to occupy me! hehe!

gave amelia an early christmas present yesterday - a play kitchen! miele gourmet international, it's fab, she loves it!! we thought she might as well get a few months extra play out of it as she wont really take in that it is christmas and where is my main present?! got her some books and few other little things to open! yesterday we spent all day having pretend cups of tea and pretend cake and then 'washing up' afterwards!

hope hols were good shelleymiffy? we went away last wkend just to hornsea right next to beach, amelia loved it!

amelia's talking is coming on loads, so cute! putting words together for the last month like, sit down, this one, more please!!! and has started counting, can count to six or if we are counting too she will join in up to 10! seems so grown up!

take care xxx

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, wow, it's been ages since I've posted on here! It's surprising how little time you have to yourself with a toddler ruling the house! I've got into the twilight books and every second I can grab to myself I've spent reading Smile Makes me feel a bit more human. Hope everyone had good holidays Smile

Congrats on your pregnancy Abi, I've just found out I'm pregnant again, due start of June so early days but so excited! We're gonna find out the sex of this one, will be useful to get JJ used to the fact he'll have either a brother or sister. Just got the super long wait now til the 12 week scan Sad

Looby, I can't believe Amelia is counting already! JJ has only just started saying proper words (bar the usual mumma, dadda, yes, no) he said teddy and baby the other day and is always saying 'there' 'please'and 'o oh' but that's about it really. He says lots of words that we know what it is but doesn't really sound like the proper word and he knows exactly what we're talking about like with the flashcards he'll pick out the things we ask him to get or point to but actual clear words just aren't coming!

On a plus, he's so close to being potty trained now. At home we leave him with no bottoms on and he'll take himself to the potty, unfortunately he doesn't quite 'get' the whole pulling down your pants before sitting to pee and so if we're at any baby groups etc and the potty is about he'll go sit on and pee in his pants! lol, nearly there Smile

We had our 1st shopping trip yesterday, he took his little tykes trolley (with his bunny sitting in the baby seat) while I pushed the real one, he went straight to the bananas and chose a pack that he put in his trolley, then chose some yoghurts (although he attempted to pile about 5 packs in!) then I lifted him up to put the stuff on the conveyer belt and he paid the lady, put his shopping, change and receipt in his trolley and went to sit on the seats across the way while I paid for my shopping, so cute Smile

looby82
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:23 am 
Post subject:
congratulations kate! wow 3 of us march mummies due again in 2012 now i think, me in feb, abi in april and you in june! we're not telling amelia bout baby till bout 2 weeks before due as she wont properly understand and it would seem ages to wait if we told her too early! we leaving the sex a surprise again!

my sister persuaded me to read the twilight books and i was glad cos i enjoyed them! i told her they didnt appeal to me and i wouldnt have time but once i got into them every time amelia went to sleep i would start reading again hehe! prefer the books to the films.

that's good bout the potty training kate, amelia tells me when she has pooed, she points to nappy and says 'poo', though i can normally tell as she squats to do it bless her! so think she would be ready to potty train quite early but unsure what to do in case do it before baby then baby comes and unsettles her and have to start again?

need to choose some 'little girl' bedroom furniture and bedding etc for amelia soon as might as well leave nursery for baby! exciting!

hope you all well xxx

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:45 pm 
Post subject:
Oh congrats looby, I completely missed the part of your post that said you were pregnant! I think I thought you were talking about abi. Ooops, baby brain kicked in already!

MaisieMoosMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

hope you are all well!!

its been ages since i've been on here properly!

How is everyone? i've quickly seen a couple are expecting again... how exciting i cant wait to have another! but been told i must wait a little longer Rolling Eyes

xxxx

abiD
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies, its been a while!!

Congrats Kate on your pregnancy, thats 3 of us now then Smile I'm coming up 16 weeks now and its going so quickly!! Got my 20 week scan in November and will be finding out again as I'm rubbish at surprises.

Hope we and the little ones are all well. Can't believe how big they all are now. I can't quite take in I'm having another one as it only seems like yesterday we had our babies in our arms!

Faith is doing really well, not quite counting yet but saying lots of words, I think she can be a tad lazy with her speech at times though! Shes turning into a proper little girl now and I love being with her even when she strops-which is alot at the mo!!

Stay in touch ladies, even if it is just now and again, its great to hear how we all are X
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:41 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone! dont get much chance to get on anymore. Ben keeps me to busy!!!

Abi, kate & looby - congrats on being pregnant! so pleased for you & ever so slightly jealous!!! we're trying but no luck yet.

Has anyone heard from carmel? havent seen her on fb for ages & was getting bit worried.
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
Long time no speak, so shattered atm, still got my hairclip business but now working part time and looking after monster!

congratulations on all the pregnancies.

Kate thats great about the potty training, ava did a pee on hers but thats it so far!

Abi Ava is lazy with her speech too, she gabbles and shouts all the time but at least I understand!

Kic, Ive been worried about Carmel, Ive messaged a few people she was quite friendly with and no-one knows anything.
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, it is really quiet on here but I guess everyone is busy with little monsters! I think JJ is teething again, he has all the signs and symptoms, grouchy, slobber, red cheeks etc. but can't see or feel anything yet, he only has his back 4 to come through now so hoping they all come at once like his last 6 did.

We've just figured out a problem with the potty training, he's great taking himself for a wee but seems to be pooing either in nappy if he has one on or if not then just wherever he's standing! Anyway, he was on his own a couple of times in his bedroom with a potty in the room and pood in it twice them came to get us to show us and wipe his bum, then the next time he was in the living room with us and started to do it in his pants again, it appears he'll only do it in the potty when he's alone, so we've gone and bought a load more potties now and have one in every single room in the house and it's worked! He'll go to another room and poo in the potty! Very Happy It's early days yet coz we still have the same problem while we're out and about as he can't just go somewhere privately and he doesn't really tell us but we're back on track now Smile Looby, we're hoping at this rate he'll be potty trained before baby comes as I've heard a lot of people saying that once there's a new baby it's hard to potty train as the toddler wants to be a baby as well and so relapses where as if they're already potty trained they're already in that habit and don't seem to go back to soiling themselves. (my friend's DD was potty trained 2 months before baby arrived and she's still fine)

We've also finally got round to putting him in a bed (well taking the sides off his cotbed) we've been meaning to do it for months and have a little tykes car bed but it's second hand and got left outside and is full of water so we've had it on it's side to drain for at least 3 months now and it'sstill got water in! In the end I decided to just take one side off his cotbed for the time being coz if we wait for his car bed to dry out he'll be sharing his cot with the new baby! He's done really well, we expected him to keep getting out but even when he wakes in the morning he stays in bed til we come in then gets himself up with a big grin (as if he's waiting for us to watch him!)

Anyway, hope everyone else is doing well, what p/t job are you doing no Pinky?

PINKYD
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
i'm doing support work for 3 adults with learning difficulties Kate, its only 16 hours a week but I'm loving it, I'm hoping to do my social work diploma when Avas at school so it's great experience.

I'm currently doing Avas bedroom as it was a bit babyish, we're going for a woodland theme, feel quite sad saying goodbye to all her baby things.
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:35 pm 
Post subject:
Pinky, that's great! I loved doing that job, and I worked with some amazing people including a really great old man with such a sad past but seemed just so happy to be out of the mental institution he'd been put in at age 16 til 60ish, he took his freedom to the limits, spent half his time on buses to god knows where and everybody within a 40 mile radius knew him! Just found out a couple of weeks ago that he passed away, so gutted Sad I had to give it up when I got pregnant as some of the clients could get physically abusive (not that i'd ever had a problem with any of them) and so I didn't want to take any chances.

It's a shame to get rid of the baby stuff but it'll be exciting to have something more grown up for her, JJ still hasn't got plaster on his walls yet so no chance of ANY decoration for a while! Bless him, he never had a nursery, didn't move into his own room til just over 1 year coz didn't actually have a room for him to move into. Oh well, hopefully he won't have felt too deprived lol Smile

shelleymiffy
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Can't believe how many of the March Mummies are expecting again - im jealous!!!!! Huge congratulations to you all. Are your pregnancies the same as last time?

Anyone attempted potty training yet? Im thinking of giving it a go.

We're having some fireworks this saturday so really hope that Katie enjoys them. Don't want to scare her for life though so have bought some "child friendly" ones!

Katie is so funny at the mo although is getting very opinionated and certainly knows her own mind!! I always said i would'nt be one of those mums that bribe their children but sometimes its necessary just to get her to eat her dinner!!! Funny when we went shopping earlier and she was naming everything in the trolly - daddy juice, daddy crisps, daddy cakes, mummy juice, nannas, martoes and then started to count everything from 1 to 10 at top volume - i had a lot of people looking at me - she has got such a mouth on her!!!! lol

Well, xmas is only 53 sleeps away!!! I can't wait. We've bought all of Katies things and I have wrapped them all. So looking forward to xmas day this year - certainly will be different to last year.

Does anyone else find that they are still up once or twice with thier little ones in the night or is it just me? Can't actually remember the last time i had a full nights sleep. Think its because Katie is teething again - only another 6 to go - grrrrr!!!
K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:18 pm 
Post subject:
Shelley, JJ is potty trained to a certain point, that point being as long as he has no bottoms on and there is a potty to hand lol, he'll take himself for a wee, usually weeing in every potty in the house before he's finished! As for poos, he will only do them now if he's in private, so we just leave potties in every room and he'll usually go to another room to do that. The only problem with him using the potty with no supervision is that he's started to pick them up and run into the room to show us, and it usually ends up all over the carpet! Fun!

When he has pants on and we're not at home, it's a completely different story! Ifwe constantly ask him does he need a wee then he'll either tell us yes or no and if yes we put him on potty or dangle him if no potty available but he'll never say yes to a poo coz that would mean doing it in front of us and he'd prefer to do it in the privacy of his nappy Sad Hopefully this is something he'll get over soon...we need to maybe take him to a public loo, put a potty in a cubicle and shut the door so he is in private and maybe he'll learn that he can still do it privately even when we're out.

JJ's pressies are all bought too! Finished my xmas shopping for him in September lol, but haven't wrapped them yet Smile

looby82
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:10 pm 
Post subject:
bless how cute jj has to poo in private kate! will give the potty training some thought. her poo can still be quite messy though, not keen on the thought of that being everywhere! only 4 teeth left to come though and teething time is when nappies are the messiest.

shelley yes i am normally up once or twice a night with amelia, will be fun when have a new born getting me up 5 times a night too! (if they are like amelia was!) will never get chance to sleep!

amelia still in her 'nursery' as we are leaving it like that for baby and going to decorate the other spare room asap to move amelia into. she is a girly girl so thinking maybe a fairy theme! nothing too garish though just very pale pinks etc.

i struggle getting clothes for amelia as the shops are full of trendy or just plain awful clothes, i still like her to look pretty, she is only 19 months! and she loves wearing dresses so it's not just me! Smile

amelia is counting to 10 now, will sometimes say 11 and 12 too!

after dave's birthday last month she has really got the hang of the present giving thing and we have to pretend to give each other 'presents' (like a little teddy wrapped in a bib or something!) so xmas will be fun with all the present giving!

amelia's appetite is amazing, she has had a few kids meals when we have been out lately that are designed for 10 year olds i'm sure, and she's eaten the lot! hehe!

nice to hear from you, take care xxx

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hehe, JJ is like that with presents, can't wait til xmas!

He is pretty good with sleeping although he always has been, he only takes a few mins to go down now at between 7-7.30pm and stays asleep til roughly 6am which isn't too bad. Even better for me, DH gets up at 6 with him and then they come up and wake me up at 7! Very Happy

JJ teething now too, just his 4 molars to come and his poor little cheeks are so red Sad Luckily, he seems to only manage to spill the potties with wee in so far, i think coz his poo is gooey atm it sort of sticks to the potty Smile

Looby, have you heard of Sarah Louise? It's like a designer baby clothes make and the dresses are to die for, so pretty, apparantly I had all Sarah Louise as a baby (when I was an only child lol) until my sister came along then mum couldn't afford any more lol. They're expensive new but you can get some excellent quality second hand ones from ebay.

This is the type of dress they do, some are a bit old fashioned but some are just lovely:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sarah-Louise-Dress-Bolero-18m-/160674615974?pt=Baby_Clothing&hash=item2568f412a6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 87 of 90

Jump to:  

Community

Popular