March 2010 Mummies

brownie1980
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
thats good pinky - at least you will get some support now too.

my health visitor has just been and Liam has put on 3oz which i am pleased about as i thought he might have lost more as he didnt really feed for a few days. she said he was doing well but she messed about with him for ages after he had just had his milk so when i picked him up he projectile vomited all over me!! i now stink!!

xx

kic78
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Carmel - Ben's on 4oz most feeds at the moment tho he's quite an erratic feeder. Sometimes he doesnt finish his bottle then he'll be crying out for more 2 hours later. He's not constipated but he only goes once a day & its only at night.

Flygal - Know how you feel about inlaws. I had bil & his gf all saturday afternoon & he was joined by mil, fil, their partners & sil on Sat night. I was exhausted, I had just put Ben down & my sil was hung over the carry cot like a 10 year old. I almost went into the bedroom for a good cry I was so annoyed!!
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
Evening Ladies, i've not been on here in ages... been getting use to and enjoying life with Abigail!

OH went back to work today Sad didnt want him to go... although it was comical when he got home bc Abigail planted a big poop in her nappy just in time for him walking through the door hehehehe

Shes on 5oz every 4-5 hrs! Little tubster put 13oz's on in a week! cant believe it shes 7lb 7 now! Cant believe shes 3 weeks old as well!!

My dads back from Afghan in 2 weeks for 2 weeks, cant wait for him to meet my little girl!

Hows everyone doing? Hope your feeling better Brownie! xx

PINKYD
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
well upset my sil this morning, hubbies first day back at work so was a bit upset but she rang and wanted to come up for the day and I said no, as I wanted it just to be me and Ava for the day, she wasnt too pleased but tough!

Ava fed better last night and only had to get up every 3 hours Very Happy just changed her nappy though and it was like a mister whppy machine, it just wouldnt stop!

hope all other march mummies are doing good.
x

for all those who are breastfeeding have you bought drip trays, you put them over the nipple youre not feeding with and it collects all the milk that 'drips' when youre feeding. They're really great and a lot easier than expressing.
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies! Wow, this last week and a bit have gone so fast with me and my little angel! she is just so precious i can't seem to tear myself away from her to do much else! When she feeds in the middle of the night i always put the telly on low (mainly to keep me awak!) but realised i never actually watch it, as i'm always looking at her!

Sofia is sleeping a lot, which i hope is normal, she is feeding well now, but sometimes not waking for 4-5 hours! It was all very different with my son as he was so poorly when he was born,(and he's nearly 7 now) so i do feel like im a complete beginner at everything.

I am finding my hormones are a bit crazy, sometimes feeling really really low for no reason and then 5 minutes later, seem to be fine again. Anyone else experiencing this?

Lisa xxxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:06 pm 
Post subject:
dh has gone back to work today, working away until friday. i got really tearful about it last night as he has been so brilliant and its going to be hard to do everything on my own day and night but it had to happen at some point so i better get used to it!!! doing ok so far, will be this evening when i will find it the hardest as i usually have a couple hours nap while DH gives him expressed bottles then he brings him up to bed fully fed and changed!!!

it is quite nice having some time on my own with Liam though, not sure if i will still feel like that if he starts screaming later!!

hows all the other mummies and babies? xxx

PINKYD
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
well i've attempted to do some housework and failed! everytime i try ava wants something, be it cuddles, more milk or nappy changes!
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Brownie - I'm dreading hubby going back & he still has another week off so I dont know how you cope with yours working away. Infact he's just asked for permission to go on a night out in May & i'm dreading that too!!

Pinky - Housework has become a thing of the past! The most we manage is washing clothes & Ben's bottles.
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:16 pm 
Post subject:
hey girls...

sorry not been on so long, tomorrow my lil boy is a month old allready, seems to be flying by, he got weighed today for the first time in 2 wks, and is now 8lb 9oz, when he was last weighed he was only 6lb 14.5oz, its scary now how big he is all my newborn clothes dont fit and have to be sorted out now.

oh and to top it off my bleedig stopped over a week ago to come back with a vegence askeed my health visitor today ad its my first period allready and im in bloody agony, the cramps are awful god i cant believe how much i hate them x x

brownie1980
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
well i have officially stopped with the breast feeding and am just sticking to expressing with an electric pump which is fantastic and topping up with formula. me and liam are so much happier now i have finally made a decision and stuck to it, it was making up both too unhappy trying with bf when it just wasn't working.

dh surprised me and came home today instead of tomrrow which was nice. and then i got some really bad news this afternoon - i got made redundant as company has closed!! am gutted and dont know how to sort money out, need to ring inland rev which is the last thing i want to be doing at the mo.

xx

Butterflybaby
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:50 am 
Post subject:
Hello,
I just found you guys in here. Fab Very Happy
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
butterfly your little boy looks gorgeous, has he got loads of hair?

brownie , youve got to do whats best for you with the feeding, I found it harder than I expected but thankfully Ava seems to be calming down a little, apart from the comfort factor and needs a mini suck if shes upset! sorry about your job but sure something will turn up, at least you'll still get your maternity.

feeling quite good today, actually managed to do some bits n bobs round the house and hubby breaks up today from work for a week and a bit Very Happy sounds soppy but feel even closer to him since Ava was born, really proud of what a good daddy he is.

x
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:42 pm 
Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My baby is now 3 weeks and 1 day old. last week he was crying so hard until 10 oclock! I felt awful, it was the first time i had given him a dummy to keep him quite however i wont give him it while he is sleeping. I think he had super bad wind as at 10 he all of a sudden went super quite, it was like a tap, one minute on next minute off! Then i fed him and he slept through to 5 in the morning. He woke up at 2 in the morning just making noises but went back to sleep.

I was so worried all night i never slept even though he was, i started to think maybe he had lost his voice because he was crying so much! i kept making sure he was still breathing.

So he went back down at 6 till 8 in which i fed him and went to change his nappy.

In his nappy he had done the normal yellow poo but there was a massive green mucus blob in it as well! I phoned te midwife right away and she said maybe it had just lef this body now after being born. He is super relaxed today more than usual> Did anyone else have a nappy like this so far on?

Also can a dumm y help dwith ewind becasue that was the first time i gave him a dummy, could this be linked? I ad to give him the cherry nibbed dummies.
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Pinky, Ava looks a real sweetie.

I'm Breastfeeding at the moment but am finding it really hard and not enjoying it. Am sticking with it at the moment but feel I should have it sorted by now!

James is a real cranky baby when awake. I think he gets bad wind/tummy ache. He gulps his food down in 10mis, falls asleep then projectile vomits all over me. Not got Health Visitor until Monday to check he's putting on weight.

Has taken me a while to bond with James as I had really bad baby blues. Felt such a terrible mum Crying or Very sad I am at least feeling more human now. Has been good to find this link on here and see I'm not the only one finding things difficult.
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
(yes i really should change my ticker) Laughing

Rowan is now 2 weeks and 3 days old.......... not very old in the grand scheme of things but 2weeks and 3 days is a lifetime without sleep!!

i came down for another bottle (for baby) Laughing at 3 this morn and dropped the kettle then backed myself into a door as i tripped over the rug (i leave baby upstairs at night) Confused

OMG, iv never been so tired, i just poured some leftover milk in the bin, instead of the sink and my words are coming out all wrong, i swear i would run naked down the street for a nights sleep!!! Embarassed Shocked

Rowan is great, his birth weight was 36kg, his weight yesterday was 36.2, i thought it would be more coz he feeds all the time, but he obviously needs it, i want the oz conversion but they only do it in kg, ill look it up.

Well apart from tierdness all is well, got family from wales here 2morrow, could do without it but hey ho, more smiles and questions about the birth Confused
does anyone else find that a little uncomfortable to talk about to some people?? i had an episiotomy and bleed really badly so when people ask i feel as if they just want me to say, all fine thanks!!, sometimes i do if their awkward husband is stood there too, lol

anyway thought id just touch base with everyone to see how we all are getting on, health and happiness to mummies and babies......... ih not forgetting daddies!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 4 of 90

Jump to:  

Community

Popular