March 2010 Mummies

PINKYD
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
i've had a lovely first mothers day, came downstairs after my bath to find this waiting for me, totally adorable!

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:58 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies

I loved spending time with Abigail yesterday and my own Mummy! Got a bit down bc yet again i had to change my plans to accomodate the in laws.... everytime we've arranged to see them since Abigail has been born we've had to change it and everything else we have planned bc its not convienient for them! Really starting to get me down!

Abigail is in a really good routine already feeds every 4 hours and sleeps the majority of the time, shes so good.

Carmel - have you found that with James coming off the antibiotics he has got constipated? Abigail really struggles at times you can see and hear her straining... didnt know if it was bc her body is still adjusting to being normal?? xx

PINKYD
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:26 am 
Post subject:
gosh nats 4 hours is great, ava feeds every 1.5- 2 hours!!!

I know what you mean about in laws, i'm fed up with visitors, I even asked hubby if we could go away for a few days this week just to escape, hopefully it'll die down soon.
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
my first post here - having trouble finding time to do anything except look at my beautiful boy!!! loving motherhood , he seems to be settling in better now, still persevering with breast feeding and my milk is starting to come in today, painful but better for him as he didnt seem to be getting much before but seems happier today so hope he will settle even better tonight. twice now he has gone 4.5 hours and i have had to wake him for feed!!

we are doing quite well at limiting visitors, only had family and close friends so far, might let a few more come from tomorrow. feel mean not letting people come but i get a bit grumpy and snappy with no sleep and dont want to inflict that on everybody just yet!!!

xx

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:39 am 
Post subject:
Hi mummies, can't believe I'm posting on here already...thought I'd be the last one on here lol. Loving being a mummy and watchin dh with JJ, he's brilliant with him, really soppy! Still in agony from a load of grazing down one side though, the 2 stitches I had are healing well but the grazing is bloody painful a d doesn't want to heal. Just started using witch hazel on it which soothes it a little but stil hurts. Doin my head in coz can hardly walk as it rubs so can't go out with JJ which with the weather I desperatly wanted to go down the sea front with him and dh while dh is off work. Oh well, I know I'll have plenty of time for that once I'm healed. Easter soon and dh works for council so gets extra hols Smile anyway, shal stop moaning now lol. Just finished feeding so shal try get some sleep before nxt feed.

abiD
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:13 am 
Post subject:
I really want to join you all!!! Still trying to wait patiently-hopfully won't be long now X
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:32 am 
Post subject:
ok, Rowan will NOT stop eating and is now up most of the night!!
when we seem to have it sussed with the feed and sleep. he gets hungrier so more milk is required, bit miserable today, lol

love him so much but hes a little monkey!!! Laughing xx

And yes i do get bad backache, it goes all up my spine and gives me a funny head, im still on painkillers a week on! xx

PINKYD
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:22 am 
Post subject:
the joys of breastfeeding , Ava is the same a nonstop milk guzzler !

I asked my midwife about backache and dizziness, she recommended badedas bubble bath and also spatone which is a natural iron supplement. Been using it for a few days now and feeling a little better, now just have to cope with the sleep deprivation.

was going to use my spa tratment voucher today for a nice massage when hubby is still on paternity but frightened as my breasts are leaking so much, don't want to squirt the therapist in the face!!!

Laughing
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
i am the opposite, am worried liam isnt feeding enough. got breast feeding support woman coming this afternoon so hopefully she will help me feel bit better!!! think i am doing quite well with the sleep deprivation, managing to grab quite a lot of quick naps. DH is getting bit grumpy tho, not helping that he is still struggling thru with the quitting smoking but he has done just over 1 month so is doing brilliantly!!!

xx

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 pm 
Post subject:
What a gorgeous day! Feeling so much better than yesterday, witch hazel def takin effect. Been on our 1st outing today into town and registered the birth so JJ is official now! He was good as gold, loves the car.....and radio 4 apparantly lol. He seems to be getting into a nice 3hr cycle of change nappy, feed, look round for a bit then sleep. How long it will last I don't know but gonna make the most of it! Hope everyone else doing well. X

ecro83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
PINKYD wrote:
i've had a lovely first mothers day, came downstairs after my bath to find this waiting for me, totally adorable!

awww what a lovely picture Smile
I had a lovely mummys day too glad u did also.

Sebastiano put on 10oz in one week!! He is eating like a machine. last monday he is 7lbs 3oz and yesterday he was 7lbs 13oz!!
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:30 pm 
Post subject:
ava had lost 3 oz on Sunday, will get her weighed on Friday again but she looks fatter to me!

Bit TMI. but Ava is filling her nappy a lot and I mean a lot, is anyone else finding this that is breastfeeding?
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
Evening Ladies i'm loving being a Mummy as i'm sure everyone else is..... She is so adorable i just find myself staring at her lol

I've started putting my foot down with the in laws and OH's sister.... i put her down in her moses basket on Sunday and she was fast off they wanted to pick her up and cuddle her and i said NO shes resting and there is no need to get her out and disturb her. GO ME although when i got her out to put her in her car seat to take her home the MIL litereally snatched her off me. If she does that again she might get a slap cheeky cow!!!!

cant believe Abigail is 16 days old already my baby xxxxxx

kic78
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, thought I'd join you now that Ben has arrived!!

2nd days at home & first midwife visit this morning after an awful night. Poor woman, I cried the whole visit. From telling her about last night to her stripping him to weigh him (he bawls!!) I just couldnt stop. Anyway, the bottles in hospital are faster flowing than the newborn teats so he took hours to feed last night which gave him horrendous wind & meant we were up all night. So she's suggested we go up to the next size teat today.

I feel like I had no support in hospital & i've been left to get on with it. This mornings visit has helped. Never mind the fact i'm sore & feeling sorry for myself! Sorry rant over.

Apart from that i'm totally in love with my son! Wish I hadnt bought so many big clothes, nothings fits!

Hows everyone else?
Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
aw kic, hospital wasnt good with me either after the birth. I was told when i decided to breast feed I would be given lots of support but when it came down to it the midwife said ring the buzzer when shes latched on and then you can go home!

Hope little Ben settles more tonight and you get a good nights sleep.
x
Page 2 of 90

Jump to:  

Community

Popular