Any other November babies???

SarahCousens
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Kim. Smile
Thanks sooo much for writing all that out, it must have taken you a while! It's really helpful seeing how your routine works. I LOL'd when I read about Colin and the hammer, how cute! Or maybe not so cute when it's being used to wake you up in the morning, hehe.
I'm really not convinced that Freya would be able to get into such a precise routine at all. All babies are different, and I don't think Freya is the sort that will cooperate! (Bummer!) Once she decides she wants a feed, that's it; she's incosolable and will scream and scream until she gets it, and the dummy doesn't work if she's hungry, shes spits it out or just screams around it, lol. There's no way she'd wait for a certain time for her feed, the stroppy madam!

The main problem I have is that she doesn't wake at the same time each morning. It can be anytime between 6am or 9am depending on what's happened in the night.
I messed up a bit last night.. She had a feed at 10pm until 11pm and I got 7oz of hungry baby milk into her (!!!!), but then she woke at 3.30am. I tried sootihhng her with the dummy and stroking her face, and after about 15minutes she dozed off, but only for about 2 minutes then she was awake again, grunting and groaning. Cos I was half asleep, I didn't notice that she wasn't really crying like she usually does when she's hungry and was just whinging (I think the big feed might have left her a bit uncomfy!) so I made up a bottle, and she fell asleep after 1oz and wouldn't take any more. I think she just wanted to be cuddled. Rolling Eyes She then slept until 7am. So if she hadn't stirred in the night or if I had managed to just soothe her back to sleep she might have gone right through!! Rolling Eyes At least we're back on track with the routine now, cos she woke at 7am. Smile

Lol, I thought Freya was napping in her basket whilst I've been typing this, but just went to check on her and she was wide awake but just staring at the side of her basket, lol. Bless her. She's having a play on her playmat now. Smile
She's started grabbing at things now and again. Actually, she grabbed her daddy's nose a couple of weeks ago and wouldn't let go, lol!! Was hilarious! But she's reaching out to toys now too, not just noses. Smile And she has a kickpad thing that squeaks and makes ringing noises when she kicks it, and when we put her on that her legs go mad, and she actually gets all excited and smiley when she makes the noises!! What a little genius. Very Happy

xx

Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hey girls! Very Happy blimey,feels like ages since I've been on here,I just never seem to have the time anymore.

So how's everyone doing? all good I hope Smile

Things aren't so great here.Harry's still a nightmare,not sleeping hardly at all in the day,and feeding LOTS,other than that,he cries pretty much all the time,and we can't find a cause for it.He can be completely happy on his play gym for about 10-15 mins at a time,but it doesn't last long and he's crying again Rolling Eyes

Been to GP and he has gaviscon for silent reflux,though getting it in to him is such a faff,we've hardly given it at all Embarassed it just means sterilising and making it up at every feed,which given he feeds at least every 2 hours,if not more often,is just hassle.

we are still breastfeeding,and I'll continue to do so for as long as he's gaining weight and I'm happy doing it.I don't love it like I did,but it's sort of something I feel I have to do now,and I do feel a sense of pride when he's weighed and I know I did all that Very Happy

Thinking of taking him to baby massage,there's a class at the nursery we want Alfie to go to,and it's free,so think I'll go along,hopefully it'll help chill him out a bit!

Started doing a bit of wedding planning as well this week,figured it was about time! but we have no idea where the money's coming from for it,neither parents have any money to give and we have no savings,so might be another 20 years before we get round to it Laughing

anyhoo,best finish there,Harry's just woken up,from his 10 minute nap Rolling Eyes xx

Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hey not had anytime for myself lately , can't think why lol!

Wow what a life changing thing having a baby is, I know everyone said it would be but I think we are starting to get some kind of routine in place now but it's still one that changes depending on how Ieuan is feeling what with all his colds and then having his jabs this week and now he has a really sore thumb!

Well he still feeds every 2 hrs or so during the day and about every 3 hrs at night. I've been reading the secrets of the baby whisper but haven't had time to read much of it.

She works on this E.a.s.y system which made me realise a few thing about our lil man. Firstly actually his is a good baby he'll go anywhere and to anyone, loves being changed and loves his bathtimes.
This book also helped me see that after a feed he likes to play on his mat and that when he cries down there he has had enough and wants to sleep - works most of the time and he has even laughed now once in his sleep whilst going around Asda - so cute.

Well I hope everyone is doing well I'm going back over the posts now see how much I can read before lil man wakes up xxxxxxx
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
Oh yeah posted some pics on photos of baby that my Bro-in-law took in his studio!
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all how's every one doing?

Well gracie went through the night properly last night had a feed at 7 put up to bed in her crib at 7:45 didn't wake for her feed at 11 and only woke at 5:45 because I forgot to turn my alarm off (had to be up very early the day before) then she had a bottle which she didn't really want and went back off till 10:30 Very Happy so I think I'm def getting there with the routine

Having a nightmare atm as I'm trying to decorate my flat and look after gracie n it just isn't working :/ x
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all!
sounds like everyone has their hands full!!
Must say im sooo lucky, Milly doesn't cry..whinges and shouts but never cries. Although she did for the 1st time 2nights ago when i left the room, was horrid had tears red face the lot! She doesn't cry in the bath, changing, if she wants a feed, when she's tired nothing. Very Happy happy days!!
Really worried about her injections though, she isn't having her 1st 1s till she 12weeks so will be more aware of whats going on Sad got some painkiller to give her before hand but just know i'm going 2 end up crying with her!!
She has a reasonable routine which is subject to changes depending on how she is.
6oclock she is stripped bare for bottiy time...helps keep her awake til bedtime Very Happy
7-730 she has her bath, then baby massage, ill then feed her, she then goes down awake or drowsy and pretty much settles straight away.
Recently she has been managing to got till 1-3,
she has a quick feed then back down til 5-6 fed again, she tends to be more awake and takes longer to settle.,
We get up at half 8 everyday..no alarm i get woken 2 her babbling away to her self Very Happy
Throughout the day she feeds whenever she wants..roughly every 2-3hrs
Goes down for a nap bout half 10, and naps through the rest of the day as she pleases til botty time! Very Happy
Have the other babies been able to lift their heads yet...Milly stillc an't manage it, although alot of our frinds babies can. When she sat up thoguh she can hold her head really well and has great control..

Im on a diet at the mo, lost half a st so far..another st and half to go, and just half a stone til im stripping for a photographer to help out modelling boudoir shots..must be mad!!!
hope everyones well
xxx

Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:15 pm 
Post subject:
Lil miss pea are you modelling professionally? Modelling was my job untill bump became visible my tog hass asked when ill be going back but I need to gain some weight first as my ribs are visible atm n it isn't attractive my oh has taken to calling me anna the cheeky basket! The stretchmarks need to fade aswell before I can do anything

Sounds like milly and all the other babies are doing great! How come she won't be getting her imms till 12 wks tho? X
Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
hey everyone, its good to hear from everyone again,....sounds like LO's are all doing great, and starting to get into there're own wee way of things.

Kaitlin's been a bit sicky lately (probably cause of her injections) she's still sleeping the same though (thank god, lol) but she's not taking alot of her bottle atm. her appittite's gone out the window, having to force her at each feed and even then she only manages 2-3 oz. hoping she'll settle after a few days though, not too worried just yet as she's still giving me lots of smelly nappies reguardless, lol.

havent heard from mummyemi or kirsty in a while, wonder how there getting on??

anyways just a quick update from me,.....have OH's sis coming over to get ready for a night out tonight and still in the middle of making dinner, lol.

xx

LilMissPea
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya angelandrew, ive never modelled professionally, im no where near good enough. A neighbour has a photography buisness and i help out with her latest ventures, nude bumps was the last 1. shegets the shots she needs 4 advertisement and i get freephotos Smile nice deal i think.
you need to gain weight?!..wish i could be the same. ivegot 2st to lose overall. im covered in terrible stretchmarks but im relying on airbrushng 2 fix that!!
milly is having her injections late as my dr surgery is useless! im not impressed with them at all.

how ironic is it, i came on here talking bout miilys routine and that night she went from 7.30pm til 6am. was well impressed!

Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:44 am 
Post subject:
OMG lil miss pea that's amazin wish gracie would sleep the full twelve hours! We r nearly there but not quite!!! She is starting to be more awake now during the day which is proving a bit difficult for me atm cuz I'm trying to decorrate my new flat so getting sum1 to look after her isn't as easy cuz she is well grumpy atm is it normal for her to be teething? She has a white lump on her gum :/ x
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:32 am 
Post subject:
hey girls, how's everyone and LO's?? hope everyones well?

Kaitlin's sleeping 12hrs now!! Very Happy Very Happy 12 HOURS!!! shes done it now for the second night in a row, shes just like her mummy, loves her sleep. lol. with my first LO i had to hold him or lay beside him till he fell asleep and then id have to sneak him to his bed, but with Kaitlin i can put her in her crib awake with her night light on and she'll drift off herself. i took aaaages before Colin would do that, think he was 9 or 10 months before he'd sleep by himself.

Only problem is her feeding. cause she's sleeping right through the night now she's only getting 4 bottles each day and there only 5oz each, so at the most that would only be 20oz a day. its only been the second day, so i'll wait to see if she takes more at each feed, hoping she will cause dont think 20oz a day is enough??

xx

Flutterby
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
hello everyone

it was my birthday yesterday i am now really old lol, 28 now booooooooo and a bit more more booooooo.

Quick update the babies are getting so big now, hes just gone over the 10lb mark, and shes over the 9lb mark. We are still havin trouble with her constipation, and his throwing up seems to have settled down now we are feeding him hungry baby milk, i have to put elastic bands round my bottles so i know who has what milk lol.

We had a letter thru from hospital as she needs her hips scanned due to double creases in her legs Sad so thats soon, she also has a belly button hernia and when she cries it pops right out and looks like a weird bubble. I might take her drs again soon cos i think she may have a blockage, shes happy enough in herself smiling and that but she has moments where she screams and seems like shes in so much pain its horrible but as soon as its over shes smiling again i feel bad for her.

and just a note i shouldnt be allowed money or near shops that sell baby stuff i buy to much lol its to cute, we went to h&m yesterday and managed to spend enough on not a lot lol
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
A belated Happy Birthday, Flutterby! Smile Did you do anything nice to celebrate? Or are you too busy with the LO's?!

Freya had her first set of immunisations the other day and it has really screwed up the progress I was making with her routine. Since she had them she has been really difficult to get to sleep. She woke up at 4.30am this morning, wasn't hungry or anything but just wouldn't go back to sleep. I spent an hour rocking her basket and singing to her and she kept whinging on and off and would scream if I stopped, so I was lying in the bed next to her basket just wanting to sleep but couldn't, argh! Eventually we managed to doze off for an hour at the most and then at 6.30am she decided it was time to get up. I got her to have a one hour nap later in the morning and I napped too! Then that was it, all day she just wouldn't go to sleep properly, she'd nod off but then wake up again crying 10 minutes later. She was sooo tired, but just couldn't stay asleep.

Hope things settle down again soon, I really felt like we were getting somewhere. She went from an 11pm feed to 7.30am a couple of times last week. Feel like we're back to square one again now. Sad

The current routine I'm trying to stick to is:
Bottle at 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, awake time from about 6pm onwards, Bath at 6.45pm, bottle at 7pm and then bed, dream feed at 11pm.

Getting her to nap is a nightmare, she fights sleep and eventually drops off once she's totally exhausted. So today after her 4pm feed she wouldn't go to sleep no matter how much I tried, but started nodding off just before her "staying awake time" so then I kept her awake until her bath, and she was tired and screaming all through that and then I couldn't get her to feed very well before bed cos she had knackered herself out and fell asleep (and nothing will stir her once that happens, I was tickling her neck, blowing on her face, calling her name, etc..).

Sorry for the rant, I just wish she was the sort of baby that would sleep through more easily or at least sleep for more than just a few hours. I'd understand if I was breastfeeding, but I'm not. I was a bit sad about stopping bf'ing, so it would have been good if there would have been some real improvement after going to formula, so I would feel a bit less [*@!#%*] about it.

Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
those bloom'n injections really do mess everything up dont they?? and as soon as everything seems back to normal again, then their due their next set of injections. arrgghhh!!!!

Kaitlins really sick atm, shes got a really phelmy chest, which is at its worst after she sleeps, and a high tempature, so have to make doctors appointment in the morning for her. doctors are useless though cause id seen them last week for the same thing and all they gave was nasal drops, useless!!

she'll probably be better just before her 12wk injections and then they'll make her sick again! Evil or Very Mad

xx

SarahCousens
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
Oh no, poor Kaitlin! Sad Hope the docs can give her something better. I used the nasal drops when Freya had a sniffle and they just cleared her nose for long enough so she could feed, but they don't really do much else. And Freya hated them!! She thought it was a nice bottle of milk coming towards her face and she'd open her mouth for it, but then get water up her nose instead! She never looked or sounded too impressed by it, hehe. Very Happy

Thigs have calmed back down again now, I think I was just panicing that we'd gone back to the bad days where I could never put her down without her crying, and she wouldn't go to sleep in her basket and had to be held all the time. But she's back to normal again now, thanks goodness!

Think I might have to change something in my schedule though. It's pot luck whether Freya will sleep after her 4pm feed, and then once it's staying awake time she has just started getting sleepy but I have to keep her awake or she won't be tired at her bedtime. So this evening she was awake from 4pm until having her bedtime bottle at about 6.30pm. She was so exhausted it's taken me 45 minutes to get 4oz into her, cos she was falling asleep the whole time. Might have to scrap the "awake time" if she hasn't napped for a long time, and then put her to bed a bit later. Oh well, I'm sure that just as I've sorted out a good schedule it will all change because she'll be sleeping through the night better anyway, or we'll be on to weaning before I've got this all sorted, lol! Laughing

Aww, I can't wait to start trying her on purees and things, I'm really looking forward to it, but it's stil a long way off. Can't wait to see her face when she has pureed apple for the first time. Very Happy I had to give her some calpol the other day and at first she looked shocked by it, and had her face all screwed up, but then she seemed to like it and was licking and smacking her lips for ages afterwards. Laughing
Must admit, I then had a bit of calpol myself, it's just sooooo yummy!! Hehe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144  Next
Page 141 of 144

Jump to:  

Community

Popular