Any other November babies???

Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
omg! sarah!!! u've updated ur ticker-yey! lol! look at Gorgeous baby Freya, so cute and getting big too.

Have to agree, calpol is quite yum, lol! childrens medicine is well tastier, lol!

OH almost had Kailtin laughing yesturday, very exciting stuff, although she was wrecked afterwards and had a big sleep, lol.

arrggghhh!!! must go, she decided she wants mummy again,...................

xx

SarahCousens
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hehe, yeah next time I have a headache I'm not gonna take tablets, I'm gonna down half a bottle of calpol instead. Yum yum yum! Laughing But it's got to be strawberry, not yucky orange. Do they even still make the orange one? Bleurgh!

Freya does the funniest little chuckles, and smiles alll the time, bless her. She's a very happy little thing Very Happy
She woke us up at 4am and 5am last night though, not hungry or anything, just calling out wanting to play. It's horrible when I go into her nursery just to pop her dummy in and tell her to go back to sleep cos she loks up at me with a massive smile and goes all wiggly and coos at me like she's saying "Yay! It's mummy! Time to play!". I just want to scoop her up and give her cuddles, but MUST resist the urge! lol. Then she starts yelling out again after I've gone, poor baby. I can just imagine her feeling like "Oh no, mummy's left me again..." Sad She gives up quite quickly though and nods back off to sleep. Smile

How is Kaitlin doing today? Is she getting any better?
xx

Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:17 pm 
Post subject:
WOW!! Shocked Shocked

askbaby's had a re-vamp!! i likke, but its kinda weird too, lol!!

Sarah, Kaitlins much better thanks, shes still got a rattle'y chest and snores quite a bit with it, lol! but shes not had a tempature in a few nights now so havent been giving her medicine, dont like the idea of giving her medicine for too long, so thats good.

AWWWW, i cant wait to hear kaitlin's first proper laugh, OH has been trying to coax one out of her for ages now, he's on a mission, lol!

Colin did the funniest thing today,.....as i was changing Kaitlins nappy he happened to look over and gasped screaming "whats that, mummy?!" lol! he was shocked to discover Kaitlin had no 'willy' lmao!!!! i explained mummy and Kaitlin are girls, so we dont have one, but him and daddy are boys, so they do. lol! he replied with, "colin and daddy, willy!" lol! so think he sort of understands, ha ha!!

anyways girls, ive just joined facebook, so if anyone wants to add me im Kimberley Crawford

xx

LilMissPea
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:05 pm 
Post subject:
Kim, lol @ Colin... bless him!!

Ive been hiding lately, been really poorly with a sinus infection, o and burnt my hand. feel a little upside down lately!
Milly had her 1st infections....was the worse thing ever poor baby, she was so happy and smily then just crumbled into a mess!! had 2 use an empty room 2 feed her and calm her down, she has had a cold since and her routine is a little over the place! GRR!

Hows all the other little munchkins???
xx

Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
Ello ello ello Laughing Hope everyone's well?

Feel like I never get a minute to get on here anymore Sad boys are keeping me very busy,OH is in the process of getting a new job and we are trying to find somewhere to live,it's not going too well! Rolling Eyes

Harry seems a lot better now though,still doesn't sleep much in the day,but the crying isn't so bad,so I think he probably had Colic! He's started sleeping from 10-6am at night,but won't go to sleep any earlier,the rascal! I think he might be teething as well,Alfie started teething about now too.

Ooh ooh,and the best bit!! He ROLLED OVER Shocked for the first time on tuesday!!! I still can't believe it,he's way too little! Confused I popped him down on his mat on his back,next thing I looked and he was on his side,but I didn't think he's get any further....stood and watched him,and he desperately tried to get on to his front,only took him about 3 attempts and over he went!! Very Happy Bless him,he was just lying there as if to say 'Huh,how'd I get here' Laughing It was very cute!!

He's not managed it since,but has attempted,think it was a fluke!

Hope all babies are ok xxxx

Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:46 am 
Post subject:
hey all...ive updated the ticker lol

had to rush gracie to hosp last week she went grey Sad Surprised i was sooo worried luckily its only bronchitis n she is getting better with the inhaler they have given her

got too much going on atm trying to decorate my flat i have been given gracies room is done and the kitchen but thats it lol not good

how's everyone else getting along? weights etc? gracie not been weighed since 6 weeks cuz the hv's at the clinic are knobs and wouldnt see her n i got there in plenty of time too so i wont bother going to that one ill go in birmingham when i have moved in Mad well angry at them tbh they should know that new moms really struggle to get out lol im only used to carrying a phone lip gloss n purse haha xx
Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
im never on here anymore,.....never off FB no though. lol.

omg! angel, that sunded really scary, think id be in complete panic mode if i felt Kaitlin had to go to hospital. glad to hear wee woman is getting better.

squibbly, how exciting to see little harry roll over,...now that u've said that im gonna have to b a bit more careful hen i leave Kaitlin on the sofa,......sometimes id be changing her on the sofa only to realise if forgot to set out her nappy, or wipes, so quickly leave her to get them, so will have to set her in her bouncer instead of leaving her on the sofa. lol.

lilmisspea, kaitlin was exactly the same for her injections,....had the cold and tbh i only feel like she's getting back to her old self again now,.....and shes got another set of injections to get in the next two weeks,...its so unfair!

Well, me and OH have arranged a night out on the 18th,....im so excited and itg'll b the first time i've went out in over a year almost. lol. its gonna b a cheap night for me, one drink and i'll prb b ready for my bed, lol. we're having both our LO's taken for the night, so gonna b a proper wee break. dunno if its a gud idea to b going to a club and partying on the first night she gets looked after, anyone else been out yet??? planning anything??

xx

Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies Smile it's so quiet on here lately,everyone must be busy changing bums Laughing

Blimin heck Angel,I hope she's ok?! Shocked I'd be a right state if it was me,I'm bad enough with them just having a cold Rolling Eyes Laughing

Harry has his second jabs today Sad poor little mite,he's not a happy bunny.It's odd,because he seems to have an awful lot of wind after his jabs (does anyone else' LO's suffer like that?) don't know if that's normal? but he's been in loads of pain,thought it was his legs but it turned out to be wind,he was like this last time as well Confused

He's not rolled over since that Kim,have been waiting for it but he doesn't seem interested! He is however now sitting up lol,not unaided,but he sits himself up mid feed or whwen he feels like it,he's so strong! Shocked

Ooh I hope you have a nice time hun Smile the girls in my family are planning a night out soon,should be fun-although am not sure where that leaves me with the breast feeding,obviously I will express enough for him,but I don't know if I can drink Confused

anyhoo,hope everyone's ok?xx

Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:54 pm 
Post subject:
hey squib n kim Very Happy yeah it was pretty scary but she's back to her normal self now sleeping through from 9 - 7 feel truly blessed to have such a sleepy baby lol gracie hasnt had her first jabs yet cuz of being poorly Sad

squibb i think u have to express quite a lot (to last untill the alcohol is out of ur system) generally as a rule of thumb it would be about 12 hours from your last drink for it to go but it depends how much u drink i dont even know if its physically possible to express enough milk for 24 hours lol suppose u cud over time (can u freeze it?)

my flat is nearly finished now just gotta do all the glossing Sad i hate the smell of the stuff its vile! honestly girls if u could have seen the state it was left in i could have cried i really dont know how people live like it u cud see the lady before me had a young baby girl from things she had left in the nursery and it was filthy!!! the floor was black and isnt much better now (throughout the house) and ive cleaned it 10 times! they must have had a dog aswell cuz its chewed all of the door frames and the wall by the back door Shocked and the council will not replace them so im just gonna have to make the best of it untill i can afford to replace them myself they had me by the short and curlys to accept it cuz they told me it was my only offer gracies nursery is beautiful though im just looking at a cot for her as she is in her crib still atm what do you think of this http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_114841_10001

anyhow im off to bed now nunite Smile xx
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:32 am 
Post subject:
oooooo, angel! thats gorgeous! i really really like it. only thing i would say is, i bought everything blue for my first LO and poor Kaitlin has had to have a blue bath, bouncer, moses basket, e.t.c so might be better to get something unisex?? although if ur not planning on having anynore id say go for it! lol. really is lovely. thats great to hear gracie is better, and back to her self. I feel exactly the same,....bothe Colin and Kaitlin have been amazing sleepers, both sleeping 12hrs by 2months old,......ive got it soooo lucky. i really dont function well without sleep, so its great their the same. lol.

squibbly, poor harry having to get those nasty injections. Kaitlin's getting hers the day before my mums having her over-night, although im not going to mention that part to my mum,....she'd probably change her mind then. lmao!! she mostly just wanted to sleep last time, although she got the cold really bad a few days later. dint notice about her wind, will keep an eye out this time, though she's [*@!#%*] at giving us wind anyways. lol.

this nightout we've planned has got a little out of control,......we've got 24 people meeting up at our house and taking a bus to a nightclub a 45min drive away from us,....then back to ours for a bit of a party. lol. think the next time kaitlin gets looked after ill just treat myself to a bath with bubbles and an early night. lol. panic is setting in as to how the hell will i cope with a hangover and stinkin house on the sunday morning. lol. still cant wait though. ha ha ha!! xx

Flutterby
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:45 pm 
Post subject:
hello everyone

hows everyone doing? I'm so ill right now that my OH had to take the twins to his parents and they all stayed there last night cos ive got a sickness bug i couldnt manage, his parents are good thou they take the babies at least 1 full day a week, i get to lay around sometimes lol and they get to spend a day with them alone, not that when i go there they dont just take over anyway. I bought a microwave steriliser, little tubs of milk, took bottles, toys and stuff to leave there so i didnt have to pack a million bags for a day there.

i keep having these little moments where im like should they be doing more, chattering more etc all evie usually does is smile and cry lol, we had to take her to a&e the other day cos she threw up bright orange stuff, we took her to the drs who rang up someone and said just to be sure go down there and we spent a few hours there for a dr to look at her for about 1 min and cos she was all happy and smiley say oh its normal off you go. I also realised that im not used to taking one baby out with me, and she has a hospital appt next week for a scan on her hips and parking is so expensive we thought we'd get the bus but we only have a double buggy, i might invest in a cheap sling thing.

i keep doubting myself that im doing enough with them its so hard knowing what to do with them lol
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Wow...not been on here in ages. hows all the LOs??
Milly is doing fab, doing well with routine and progressing so fast. She smiles and laughs all the time, managed to roll from her front to back the other day...very proud mummy Very Happy
We have been doiing a baby massage class, every time we go she sleeps so much and only gets up once at night Very Happy love it!!
Got a few questions to pick y'all brains with..

Was wondering if already or when your planning to put baby in their own room??
Milly only gets up twice and sleeps really well, she is getting quite big for her moses pretty much fills the whole thing Smile her cotbed won't fit in our room, we have a monitor...so what do you guys reckon??

Now she having a whinge and i'e forgotten what i was going 2 ask....never mind

hpoe everyone is well
xxx

SarahCousens
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,
it's been very quite on here! Haven't been on in ages!

Lilmisspea, glad to hear Milly is doing so well. Very Happy The smiles and laughs are jusr brilliant, aren't they? Freya sneezed earlier and it amused her, so I started fake sneezing at her and she was lauging her head of, big squealy laughs! So cute! Not sure why she foinds sneezing so funny though, lol, odd baby.

With regards putting LO in their own room, I put Freya in her own room after about 6 weeks I think (can't quite remember now!) cos she was such a noisy sleeper and kept me awake all night grunting and groaning, lol. She was fine on her own right from the start and now she is completely happy being put in her cot awake and I leave the room and she goes to sleep on her own, unless she drops her dummy in which case she cries out for me to pop it back in before she nods off. We have a baby monitor, but only use it during the day if she is napping in her room and I'm elswhere in the house as I can't always hear her cry depending on where I am. We leave the bedroom doors open and have noooo problem at all hearing her if she wakes and cries in the night! Laughing

Having a total nightmare with feeding atm. Freya used to take between 4 to 6oz every 3 hours, feeding at 7, 10, 1, 4, 7 and then a late feed at 11pm and had started sleeping through to 7am after that. But in the last couple of weeks she is being a total pain with feeding. Would only drink 2oz, then got very stroppy (but not seeming like she was in pain or uncomfortable) but refusing the bottle. Was a huge battle to get the rest of her milk down her. I switched to feeding every 4 hours as thought she might just not have been hungry enough and that seemed to help for a while, was usually having a full 6oz every 4 hours (but that meant I couldn't fit in as many feeds so dropped one of them), but now even after waiting 4 hours she is being difficult to feed. Today she had 4oz at 7.30am, 4oz at 11.30am and then it took me about an hour from 3pm til 4pm to get 6oz down her (at least she had the whole feed though!). But that means she'll have one more feed before bed and then a late night one and that's it. Is that enough?? It's really stressing me out! Any thoughts anyone? I burp her sevral times throughout a feed, she sicks a bit of milk up quite frequently (before switching to 4 hourly feeds she'd started bringing up an entire feed about once a day, which was veerrrryyy messy!!)

OH just thinks that she's not a very hungry baby atm and I should just let her do what she wants and she will eat when she's hungry.

She's also been waking a lot in the night, which I thought might be related to the fact that she's not gettig as much milk in the day. I never feed her at night, she just wants her dummy and then nods off again, but one night last week she woke 3 times about 80 minutes apart. Very frustrating after she'd been getting so good with sleeping through from about 11.30pm to 7am. Sad

xx

Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hey lil miss pea gracie has been in her own room a while now she prefers it sleeps right through Smile Sarah do u have freya on hungry baby milk? I thought i vaguegly remembered u saying something about it? Because it could be that? when are any of u thinking about starting weaning reason i ask is cuz i think im going to next week gracie is on 9oz every 3 hours and i refuse to try hungry baby milk just because of the way my hv slags it off Sad
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:07 am 
Post subject:
Hi Angel Smile
Quite a while ago I used to give Freya one feed of hungry baby for her last bedtime bottle in the hopes that she'd sleep a bit longer before waking for a feed, that was when she was waking several times in the night for milk. I stopped doing that very quickly because I think she was getting a bit constipated just from that 1 hungry baby feed and seemed to be getting an uncomfortable tummy now and again. It didn't really make much difference to her seeping longer anyway, tbh!
How long has Gracie been feeding like that? Babies often have a growth spurt at about 4 months old and sometimes people start weaning a bit too early cos they think the extreme milk drinking is a sign that they're ready to wean. But if it's been a while it sounds like milk just isn't good enough anymore!! Bring on the baby rice! They usually recommend checking with the HV before weaning early, so maybe have a word with her first.
I'm going to try to hold out with the weaning, but wll probably cave in and give her a bit of baby rice soon after she's 4 months! lol. She is constantly chewing her hands and putting toys and muslin cloths in her mouth and chomping on them, and she watches othe people eat and drink! But she's not drinking much milk, so it probably isn't cos she's ready to wean. She had a feed at 11pm last night and only had 4oz, woke at 6am this morning and I tried feding her at 7am and she would only have 2 and a half oz!!! Oh well. Had her weighed on Monday and she's still gaining weight steadily, following the same curve on the graph. She must know how much milk she does or doesn't need.. Smile
She's been sleeping fine again though, hooray! Going fomr her 11m feed until 6am or 7am ish. She actually had a bit of nappy rash, I thnk it was because I stopped changing her nappy at the night feed to start gettign her out of the habit of having it done, ready for when the night feed is dropped, bit I've since started changing her again and we also have lots of naked bum time, now the rash is gone and she's sleeping through again! Poor baby, probably had a sore bum in the night waking her up. Sad
xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143, 144  Next
Page 142 of 144

Jump to:  

Community

Popular