Any other November babies???

Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hey sarah gracie has been drinking 8oz at the very least for months now ive given her a minute amount of baby rice since the last post she seems to like having something different but i will just be keeping it tO that for a while when i said to one of my friends i was thinking of asking hv if i could wean she said dont bother cuz they will just give u a bollocking and what say have they got its ur baby lol she is right tho i think most hvs must be knobs x
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:25 am 
Post subject:
Hey Angel, yeah I think all HVs have to stick to what they;re told to say, but all babies develop at such different rates, you know what's best for Gracie cos you're the one that sees her all day and you have th mothers instinct for your own baby. I can read Freya like a book now. Smile
Ugh, she's started teethign already, the poor little baby!! It's horrible seeing her in pain, the cry is totally different to any of her other cries and it's a really upsetting one. It's even worse cos there's nothing much I can do to fix it other than put the baby bonjela on and give her extra loads of cuddles. She seems better today, full of smiles and giggles, although she does have one very red cheek, so I'm expecting her to start getting more upset as the day goes on...

Anyone else tried the baby led weaning thing before? I'm considering it for Freya. She doesn't drink a huge amount of milk so I think we can hold out on weaning until 6 months and then I can give her soft finger food. She already grabs things and shoves them in her mouth (probably cos of the teething), and is starting to sit up on her own a bit. I hold her up on my lap, let go and she balances for a bit, and sometimes she even starts to tip in one direction and can correct herself. Within about 10 seconds she's usually tipped over and I've had to catch her and sit her back up straight again. But I think that's quite good, as she'll only be 4 months on Friday.

MummyEmi
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
Oh my goodness girls., im so sorry i have abandoned you all for sooooo long!!!! Smile Im rubbish, its not even because i have my hands full, George is the perfect baby!!! lol He has slept through since 2 weeks old (from 11pm - 8am) and he sleeps pretty much most of the day too lucky me! and im actually still breastfeeding exclusively and i wasnt even going to try!!! he is sick alllllll the time tho, but has always packed on the weight and the sickness doesnt bother him, just gives me tonnes on washing! so things here r great, i love having a boy!!!!

have breifly read through ur posts, sarah how is freya at night now? i see you fb updates sometimes about how much shes wakes!

ive just got back from 2 weeks in tenerife, kids were brill, i couldnt ask for more.

missed u guys!!!! xxxx
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:10 am 
Post subject:
Hi MummyEmi!
Wow, George sounds brilliant. I used to spend a lot of time moaning about Freya, hehe. She's absolutely brilliant now, and I don't think she was really that much work previously, I just like to moan!! Laughing
She has been going form 11pm to 7am without a feed since she was a couple of months old, but it took her a while to get out of the habit of waking at 4am. She very rarely wakes in the night now, and if she does she just needs a little pat on the head and sometimes her dummy and she settle right back down. She started waking a lot in the night and crying for a while, I think because the teething was causing some nappy rash which got sore when she wee'd in the night. We are having lots of naked bum time in the day now to keep it at bay and she hasn't woken at night in ages. I can see the little white bud just below the surface of her gum, so hoping the tooth might pop through soon! Aww, bless, she's growing up so quickly!
She is also having a bit of a growth spurt now, as she's gone from not wanting more than 4oz every 4 hours to downing 6oz every hours, and sometimes getting hungry after 2 and a half hours! But she's still sleeping through, which is great. Smile

Freya's funny, she always wants to be doing somehting she can't. First she got unhappy being led down cos she wanted to sit all the time, and now she's getting better at that, she will stretch out and lock her legs and I have to hold her up so she can "stand" and if I tyr to get her sitting back down she really resists and pushes her legs straight! And she's such a fatty, it makes my arms ache after about a minute!! She a right porker. Very Happy

God, she's being a right chatterbox lately, constantly jabbering away... hmm, wonder where she gets that from? I'm rambling on so much right now...!

Who has started their baby on some solids? I was eating some toast and Freya was staring at it, so I held it within her reach but she didn't try to take it. I wouldn't have let her have it, I was just curious as to whether she'd try and eat it or not. She is always shoving her muslin cloths and toys in her mouth, but I think that's cos of the teething. Sad Little while to go before starting the baby led weaning I think... can't wait, it's gonna be sooo messy and fun!

xxx

Flutterby
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:54 am 
Post subject:
oh what a time we're having 2 babies really hard lol we're having loads of problems now, well we are waiting on a house to be finished so we can move into it and have space lots of space lol. Zachary has terrible terrible exzema, cream after cream after cream, steriod cream, fungal cream u name it i think we've had it, we use bath stuff and slap cream over his whole body twice a day, but three times a day on his head and face where its worse, his head is so itchy and if u leave him without mitts on hes taken half his skin off. He hates tummy time cos hes been such a sickly baby that he threw up everytime now he associates that with being sick so hates it, but we need to do it cos his skull is mishaped now i feel terrible for him and do my best. Hes now on prescription milk cos the dr thinks hes allergic to cows milk protien which is why his skins so bad so fingers crossed. Oh he also has infant gaviscon for reflux

As for evie well shes the opposite, she spent a few days in hospital for an infection but other than that her skins fine, she was doin fine until recently shes being terrible to feed, she screams thru nearly every feed the dr wanted a urine sample but wanted us to catch it in a pot, that took ages, he thinks thou shes allergic to the cows milk protien too and it hurts her to feed so everytime i feed her and she cries i feel terrible cos he has to rule everything else out before we change her milk.

I want an easy life lol but they are both great babies she loves sitting up and rolling over hes lazy thou and lays there and does nothing then gets upset he spends his days fighruing out how to get his mitts off and manages to so gotta keep my eye on him
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:42 pm 
Post subject:
Helloooooo!!! Very Happy blimin heck I haven't been on here for ages! Shocked how's everyone doing?busy busy with the babies?! Very Happy

Harry's doing great,still EBF here and plan on carrying on as long as poss,although am looking forward to him starting solids so he might drop some feeds! Laughing he feeds soooo much,and he's very very clingy to me,which means I never get a minute from him Sad

Have finally managed to get him to take a dummy this week,only nearly 5 months (WOW,where did that time go?! Shocked Sad ) but hey ho,it means he sleeps better and I get a break Smile

Sarah,we did BLW with Alfie and I'll be doing it again this time.Won't start him until 6 months and then try some baby rice for a few days,then switch to some pureed fruit/veg.It's best to introduce the flavours gradually,so say just offer one fruit/veg for a few days at a time,and then try a different one for a few days,once they're used to it,you can start mixing them together Smile Alfie didn't take to food at first,so we left it a week or so and tried again and he loved it! I think Harry will be the same.

Alfie didn't have finger foods until about 8-9 months I think.I have the Annabel Karmel weaning book and it's really good for getting started xxx

kirstyh
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi guys - i have no been on pretty much since Freya was born, so thought i would drop a quick message see how everyones getting on! I have read through the last few pages briefly and it seems like you are all doing great Very Happy!!

Freya is a little star, she has only slept through the night the past week....took a long time but i think we got there - apart from that she is a smiley, talkative baby Very Happy.

She had her hernia op on Friday which went really well, she was let out the same evening and was still kicking and singing when we got in, bless her.

Wont ramble on too much, but let me know how you all are anyway Smile

Love from Kirsty and Freya! xxx

Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:30 am 
Post subject:
hey guys Smile not been on in a while hows things with everyone?

me n oh are on the verge of splitting i think just one last push on my part is needed im kinda scared to let go for gracies sake and i dont know how he would be about seeing her but i cant go on resenting him all because he does sweet F.A wont even feed her really getting on my nerves if i knew he was going to be like this i would have tried more with bfing!!!

hows everyones lil bubbas? gracies doing great still a little dot only weighs 13lb lol xx
Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:10 am 
Post subject:
hey angel, men really can be useless cant they? have to say me an OH have been having some ups an downs ourselves lately, was the same as when we first had Colin too though, so hanging in there hoping things settle down again. i feel like he has no worries at all when it comes to the kids and its all on me, can be very stressful at times.

Everyone an LO's sound like ther're all doing great by the way. i'm never on here anymore,....... really should get on more. lol.

xx

Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:46 am 
Post subject:
hey kim! yeah they are useless im not even going there with mine! where have u gone off facebook mrs!?

have everyones af's gone back to normal? seems im either really irregular or pg again! x
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Smile Blimey where is everyone these days?the threas is so quiet!

Was just wondering how everyone is getting on with their babies? Are we all weaning now,hows it going?

We're BLW Harry and so far it's going great,he's a pro! We did intitially start him on purees but he hated them,so the last week or so he's been on finger foods and he's taken to it so well,he doesn't just play with his food,he actually eats it!lol His favourite by far is bread and butter although we're going to start trying him with cream cheese and things on it now as he copes fine with it.

He can't seem to manage bananas too well,as little bits come off and he gags on them,so stopped those for a while.he loves broccoli though (strange child lol) and parsnips.

I wish I'd known about BLW with Alfie,it is sooo much easier and although messy,it's so much fun! I love seeing the way he goes at the food.I thought I'd be more nervous than I am tbh,but luckily he seems to be managing ok Smile

His weight is a bit of an issue though.Had him weighed last week and he is only 12lb 4oz! he's so tiny,but he's always been slow to out weight on.I'm taking some supplements now and hoping that the food starts to up his weight cos I don't want to have to top him up Sad xxx

Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:51 pm 
Post subject:
angel, yeah, i've deleted my FB cause it was cause'n too many arguements between me an OH, just thought i'd get rid instead of dealin with the earache. lol. mine are irregular too, have booked appointment in june for an IUD so hopefully things become more regular after i've got that. lol.

squibbly, thats fab that harry is doin so well, well done harry!!

kaitlin's started to move about in her walker,....not with great percision, but shes enjoyin it loads! hows everyone else's LO's? anyone have the beginings of teeth yet? kaitin's two bottom front teeth are almost cutting through, they look like wee silvery lines on her gum just now, very exciting! lol

anyone finding the starting LO onto solids a bit daunting?? i do,...although kaitlin seems to be taking well to starting her solids. i find im always worrying about the texture of her food, if its too lumpy, or if shes ready for bigger lumps etc. but so far, so good. she has baby cereal in the morning made up with her bottle, noodles/toast/pureed fruit/petti filou and her bottle for lunch, and for dinner she eats what we have only blended up an her bottle and then a bottle before bed. curious to know what way everyone else is doing it? any ideas/tips for me?

anyways, hope everyone and LO's is well.

xx

LilMissPea
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:44 am 
Post subject:
Wow its been ages!!
hello my lovelies!!
Haven't actually read through all the old posts...far too many to catch up on.
Well, Milly is 7months next weeks yikes!
She not been a happy little baby lately, she has always been such an angel but she nows knows what she doesn't like. EG. having her face and neck wiped, putting a top on. O and the big 1 is going 2 sleep. she generally wo'nt cry but she will moan and shout and even 'pretend'cry. she still relies on the boob to sleep and even then she can fight going off.
she has her 2 front bottom teeth now Very Happy
Weaning has been scary, is such a difference to BF. Totally freaked me out when we started. She started before 6months on purees (my freezer is choked full of allsorts) last few weeks she does fingerfoods. She loves yoghurt think she would eat that all day.
She occasionally gets up in the night the last 2 nights her motion alarm has gone off, by the time i've legged it in there she awake and breathign thankfully.
Are anyone elses babies clumsy..or getting themselves into mischief? Milly manages to double roll till she fell off the sofa this morning! Sure she trying 2 give me a heartattack!
She is trying 2 crawl aswel getting so close, she can shuffles backwards keep teasing her with toys to encourage her.
hows your little ones?? well i hope
xx

Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
hey lilmisspea, Milly sunds like she doing great Very Happy Kaitlin has her two bottom front teeth now too, and looks like shes gonna have to more on either side of them really soon. lol!

Kaitlin's started rolling too, although not so sure about crawling, think now after realizing Milly's almost doing it i'll try harder to encourage her. Although she's an expert in her walker now, even able to get through doorways,..... she keeps going into the bathroom and unraveling the toilet roll all over the place!! Rolling Eyes

Kaitlin fights off sleep too, although only her bedtime sleep, shes fine going down for naps. and she HTES her bottle, she has cereal, lunch an dinner and no bottles anymore so i have to sneak them into her meals. shes doing really great with lumps too an finger foods,.... it really hasnt taking her long.

hope everyone and LO's are well,.... cant belive how fast its all going in!!

xx

burntcherrypie
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:16 pm 
Post subject: long time no speak!
HI everyone! havent been on here for such a long time! Hoping everyone and their lil ones are doing well! Orsons doing great! crawls like an ape, walks around the furniture, has 5 teeth - he can even turn the handle on a jack in the box the whole way through pop goes the weasle! Took him to soft play for the first time the other day. was copying the other children and screeching with them. he loves to go swimming too. Stopped breastfeeding at 4 months old and started to slowly wean him cause he was so hungry - he took to it reslly well, eats loads now but has gone off his milk alot - has about 12oz a day. The only trouble we have got with him is sleeping - we lay him down while he is still awake but he rolls over then goes up on all fours, then sits up and just laughs about it. hes in his own room in an actual adult single bed cause he refused to sleep in his cot/cotbed - its a nightmare - we have had to pack pillows and cushions everywhere in case he rolls off! its been this way for 3/4 months now and luckily so far he hasnt. he tends to wake up alot too - not for a feed though, we would make him bottles and he wouldnt drink them - we managed to get him off that by giving him water instead then. any advice? im off to the sleep advice forum now....x
Page 143 of 144

Jump to:  

Community

Popular