breast vs bottle ur thoughts

mrswolfbane
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
i really am not sure how i will feed tbh.

BUT i am staying in after the birth and have made sure that will be ok and will NOT allow them to pressure me into anything esp anything thats going to make me feel resentful to my baby.with my depression in the past pregnancies and after pregnancy and when i fell pregnant this time ive told them i want NO pressure i will have to do everything in my own time.

and i will ask for support if i feel im not bonding but i dont think forcing me into breast feeding will help with bonding it ahsnt done before,
zandersmum
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
hi i am 19 and was pregnant at 17 and had my son at 18 i didnt like the thought of breastfeeding to be honest the thought really disgusted me but it is a scientific fact that breast milk is best for baby that what god planned now i dont think that mothers should be forced into breastfeeding thats not right although the mothers that give up cause the baby is not latching on properly or because its to sore should work through it i had a tough time trying to breastfeed i got cracked nipples baby wasnt latching on properly and yeah it hurt nd at times i wanted to give up but when ur a mother your baby comes first and u try to do whats right for baby , there are mothers out there that dnt have the chance to brestfeed because there milk dosnt come through or it drys up and they have know choice and thats why formula was invented now i dont think that formula isnt good for baby it must be if baby can drink i think yes it would have vitamins calcium and everything baby needs but nothing compares to breastmilk . also breatsfeeding gives u and baby a bond like no other.i breastfeed for 13,ths and i wuld neva regret for 1 second going throughall that discomfort and about the ammuesystem my son was breastfeed and was very very frarely sick hardley ever infact icnt even remember him being sik so i disergree with that it has to do with the baby itself everybody is different and is born with diff ammunities anyways i dont want offend any1 these are jus my thought on the comment
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:12 pm 
Post subject:
im glad that u managed to do it but its not helpful to suggest that by not breast feeding we are not putting our children first.
i really find them kind of comments hurtful of course i put my kids first all the time but sometimes the mother has to come first to be able to put the child first.
if something is hurting u and making u feel bad then the solution is simple dont do it a happy mummy is a happy baby.u can just as close to ur baby bottle feeding as breast feeding and also the daddy can help out when ever with bottle feeding its not that easy with breast feeding.
zandersmum
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
as i said i didnt want to offend any1 and im sorry i i come accross that way but what i mean is i know its painful and uncomfortable at the start but if you just allowed you and baby to get ust to the idea theres a cream named lansonoh which is very helpful and makes a barrier between nipple and baby's sucking till you and baby get the ang of things i never said its easy it wasnt for me the first month it was very painful and uncomfortable but i new myself breastfeeding ws best for baby so i stuck it out and as i said it was a great experiance i am 20 weeks pregnant now and i will dothe same with this 1 as i said breast feeding is not meant for everybody but if its a lil pain thats bothering you why not try stick it out the discomfort wont last forever.
nice speaking with you
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
im really glad it worked out for u but i disagree with breast is best for me its happy mummy healthy mummy happy and healthy baby.

it for me wasnt a little amount of pain coupled with post natal depression the "little amount of pain" was to much.

i went to bottle and began to enjoy my baby again Very Happy
zandersmum
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:42 pm 
Post subject:
well im glad it all worked out for you and in the end you were able to enjoy ur baby but as I STATED IN ALL OF MY COMMENTS "BREASTFEEDING IS NOT FOR EVERY1" but if its just some pain and cracked nipples stick it ouut cause it gets better
i NEVER said that mothers have to breastfeed and buy doing that u dont care about ur child i just gave my opinion in saying i agree withbreastfeeding and think its best for baby and i feel itys great that the hospitals tell mothers thats whats best for baby because they are not lying . My bestfriend had trouble brestfeeding and gave up and i never held it against her i tried to help her through it but it just wasnt for her and she dosnt love her child anyless so i guess what im saying is i think u have misunderxstood me in someways and i very sorryfor that but like i said thats my opinion just like youhave your opinion and i dont think i should be judged for voicing my opinion just because my opinion is different to some1 elses
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
im not judging u at all i just genuinly disagree with this idea breast is best.

yeh i know its come from u but some ppl smoke and do drugs and drink and i dont think thats good when ur breast feeding and i see ppl who have breast fed and thier kids have exzma and are always sick and see my kids not breast fed and healthy.
so i dont get if they say breast it best explain why they have had more problems than others that didnt breast feed.
i personally feel its a cop out and that the nurses go from government guidelines and as formulea milk is more expensive than milk u wud drink while breast feeding i feel that influences the government guidlines to the midwifes and things.

its not u i have the problem with its the "breast is best" saying its like saying to me well my kids gonna do better than urs cuz i breast fed and personally u ask ppl years on that have done well in life or those that havent and they wudnt know if they were breast fed or not lol
zandersmum
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:56 pm 
Post subject:
look i understand what ur saying but my son ws never sick always healthy he fed on demand when he wanted i did everything i was suppost to myself eating ealth etc... no i dont agree with ppl taking drugs smoking and drinking while breastfeeding i beleve those mothers do not put there children first and i will say that straight out drugs and alchol go straight to the milk if a mother is goin to do this i beleve she should bottle feed a mothe should not be taking drugs anyway dont get me wrong i think the occasional drink is fine but drugs and being a mother is very wrong but anyways this is a tottaly different issue
i do beleve that breastmilk is what god intended our children to live on during there lil lives so yes i wil say i do beleve its best and nothing compares to it but like i said at the same time for mothers who cant breastfeed man has made an alternative which should be just a good for baby
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:59 pm 
Post subject:
i think we get each other now lol

me personally if its the same this time as with my daughter then i will bottle feed.my daughter fed every half hour and we got no support so u can imagine every half hour every day and night for almost 3 weeks was a nightmare the night we gave her bottle she took to it and slept 8 hours and from that point on was very happy.

i dont smoke drink or do drugs so that wudnt be a problem really
zandersmum
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
thats great i hope everything works out for u good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular